What's new

HK-417 seems likely replacement for G-3

Jigs

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
MKE was visited by Gul. Where he was told about the rifle dubbed Mehmetcik-2.

Difference seem to be the production of the rifle. Which looks to use metal injection molding to save costs rather then forging. A different metal alloy may be used for this process as well on different parts of the rifle. Also a small foregrip has been added right in front of the magazine. Changes to the rail system also have been made.

Nothing has been made official yet but seeing MKEs interest in both the HK-416 and later the HK-417(along with small modifications and renaming) single that induction of both of these rifles may be seen soon.

4598a306.jpg

391f19f4.jpg

b8f8459b.jpg

Why not the 416?

Possibly for the reason of switching to a smaller caliber. Both the 417 and G-3 use 7.62x51mm NATO. 416 could possibly be inducted on a special forces level(M-4s are used by army special operations HK33 is also used on a counter terrorism level mainly within the Jandarma). Again though where these two rifles fall into is still not clear yet.

Possibly for the reason of switching to a smaller caliber. Both the 417 and G-3 use 7.62x51mm NATO. 416 could possibly be inducted on a special forces level(M-4s are used by army special operations). Again though where these two rifles fall into is still not clear yet.

Well maybe the turkish forces are just smarter than everyone else. The US is always b**ching that the 5.56 is too weak anyway.

I own the HK 416 upper (lower is illegal in US for civilians) and it's way over-rated. I would go with a bullpup.

Well maybe the turkish forces are just smarter than everyone else. The US is always b**ching that the 5.56 is too weak anyway.

I don't see 5.56 as viable in the environments we operate against the PKK in.

Such as these

AAEC001397-1.jpg

Hence G-3s and MG-3s.

I own the HK 416 upper (lower is illegal in US for civilians) and it's way over-rated. I would go with a bullpup.

I don't think a mass induction of bullpup designs would work for our needs. Especially at a 7.62 compact design with the type of trigger design they run would be hard to make effective. Bullpups as you know have their drawbacks as well. I think it would be better for a conventional design.

I don't think a mass induction of bullpup designs would work for our needs. Especially at a 7.62 compact design with the type of trigger design they run would be hard to make effective.

rfb-18.jpg

rfb-32.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt any rational military would field something like that but it certainly looks cool. I would like to see how that forward ejection system works on full auto or with bad weather or even sloped firing positions. The recoil also seems a little too unmanageable.

Like i said MKE looks to be sticking with HK and conventional designs.

I doubt any rational military would field something like that but it certainly looks cool. I would like to see how that forward ejection system works on full auto or with bad weather or even sloped firing positions. The recoil also seems a little too unmanageable.

Like i said MKE looks to be sticking with HK and Conventional designs.

Nothing that can't be fixed with modified muzzle brakes and shock absorbers. Its not that bad compared to other 7.62 rifles.

Just search Kel Tec RFB for some videos.

sexy guns in this thread...in india we still use world war 2 and world war 1 guns

I always wonder why countries (including us) who claimed to be producing many advanced weapons themselves can not make a gun for their forces.

I always wonder why countries (including us) who claimed to be producing many advanced weapons themselves can not make a gun for their forces.

We have produced PK-10 rifle... its of 5.62 mm calib... n i dnt think army wants it... nor is our economic situation so good to mass produce weapons right now.

It'd be nice to replace the G3, however I am not sure how reliable it is to use a rifle that is using metal injection to save cost if it means the efficiency is lowered.

Besides we want our armed forces to be armed with the best that suits our needs.

Jigs this one looks different from the original HK , any upgrades?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom