What's new

Historical Background of Pakistan and its People

and here is the extent of Iranian tribes

Also you might want to check this article about Iranian peoples :-

Iranian peoples - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I dont agree that Pakhtuns are related to Persians, it's just a linguistic classification. Just like Hazaras are Iranic too by language but ethnically they are Turko-Mongol.

And the correct name for the languages are Iranic and Indo-Aryan not Iranian and Indian.

I dont agree that Pakhtuns are related to Persians, it's just a linguistic classification. Just like Hazaras are Iranic too by language but ethnically they are Turko-Mongol.

It IS a linguistic classification, not a genotypic one. Points generally in the same direction.

And the correct name for the languages are Iranic and Indo-Aryan not Iranian and Indian.

Indo-Iranian is a subgroup of Indo-European (which you're calling Indo-Aryan apparently), of which Iranian is a subgroup. Kurdish for example, is an Iranian language. It's difficult sometimes to tell where to put the line between the Indic and the Iranian groups, Urdu for example sits right on that line, and Marathi is decidedly Indic, though both are Indo-European.

Indo-Iranian is a subgroup of Indo-European (which you're calling Indo-Aryan apparently), of which Iranian is a subgroup. Kurdish for example, is an Iranian language. It's difficult sometimes to tell where to put the line between the Indic and the Iranian groups, Urdu for example sits right on that line, and Marathi is decidedly Indic, though both are Indo-European.

Actually it is Iranic. Iranic and Indic are subgroups of Indo-European languages as you pointed out.

OK guys i was reading some of the posts here so you need to time out for a min. First read this article:

PAKISTAN: On the meaning and origins of Hinduism:

"The term Hinduism ... [ was ] introduced in about 1830 AD by
British writers. " [Encyclopedia Britannica, 20 `Hinduism' 519 ]

"The term Hindu was first imposed on south Asian nations by the
dynasty of Ghori in the 12th century; this term was never
used in south Asia prior to the Muslim era and is not even found in
early (pre-12th century AD) Brahmanical or Buddhist texts. Such a
term and concept has no historical depth in any social, religious,
ethnic or national sense past the 12th century when Mohammed Ghori
for the first time named his conquered subjects Hindus." [G. Singh,
Sakasthan and India, Toronto, 1999, p. 20]

"Hinduism, as a faith, is vague, amorphous, many-sided, all things
to all men. It is hardly possible to define it, or indeed to say
definitely whether it is a religion or not, in the usual sense of
the word." [Jawaharlal Nehru, The Discovery of India, New Delhi,
1983, p.75]

"Frankly speaking, it is not possible to say definitely who is a
Hindu and what Hinduism is. These questions have been considered
again and again by eminent scholars, and so far no satisfactory
answer has been given." [Swami Dharma Theertha, History of Hindu
Imperialism, Madras, 1992, p. 178]

"Hinduism defies definition... It has no specific creed." [Khushwant
Singh, India: An Introduction, New Delhi, 1990, p. 19]

"The more Hinduism is considered, the more difficult it becomes to
define it in a single phrase... A Hindu may have any religious
belief or none." [Percival Spear, India: A Modern History, Michigan,
1961, p.40]

Last edited:
Another thing for those Pakistanis who say we're the same people. those guys are mohajirs who came from gujrat, calcutta, utter pradesh and other places.

These pro-Indian clowns im talking about are Pervez Hoodboy or farukh saleem ahed rashid irfan husain

Another thing for those Pakistanis who say we're the same people. those guys are mohajirs who came from gujrat, calcutta, utter pradesh and other places.

These pro-Indian clowns im talking about are Pervez Hoodboy or farukh saleem ahed rashid irfan husain

But the whole North India can be described in such terms, no ? I'm personnally a Punjabi Rajput, and know that there are a lot of them in India; they are perhaps religiously different, but in terms of cultural norms or anthropological classification, they belong to the 'Indus civilization' people, right ?
And I just talk of North India, even if I can't really define it... Punjab, Himachal Pradesh or Haryana for instance.

Ironically I've always heard this being said by Sindhis and many Panjabis,. Care to explain why?

There are some people who are trying to confuse Pakistani Nation that Pakistan was made as a secular state. They are running a media campaign. I think there must be a war against these traitors on media and online and on ground.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom