What's new

Hina Rabbani Khar

fd24

Reaction score
Pakistan's glamorous foreign secretary is always having her appearance and accessories commented upon by sexist media types

Appearance: More glamorous than William Hague.

Yeah, but who isn't? All right, then: more glamorous than any foreign secretary you can name. She's the youngest-ever head of Pakistan's ministry of foreign affairs, a polo-loving heiress who looks like a million dollars.

Hold on. Why are we trivialising one of the most important women in the world? Because everyone does. When "HRK" visited India in July the media went mad for her pearl necklaces and designer outfits, to say nothing of her £5,000-plus Hermès handbag. The Mumbai Mirror described her as the "Pakistan bomb", while even the Guardian said she was "bagging" attention, boom-boom.

Sexist, puntastic, accessory-obsessed pigs. That's just what you'd expect from … what? The Guardian? We were probably being playful.

That'll be it. And does wassername relish the coverage? Not so as you'd notice. "A guy in my place would never get such attention," she complains. "Nobody would be talking about his suit." On the other hand, at least the press have stopped focusing on her 2002 election campaign, which could be summed up as: "Vote for me, get my much more experienced daddy."

And to think that even Pass Notes is joining in … We're not. We're talking about HRK because she's been in New York, defending her country at the UN.

Of course we are. And it needed defending because … The chairman of the US joint chiefs of staff has been claiming that the Taliban faction, the Haqqani network, is a "veritable arm" of Pakistan's ISI intelligence service. Then there's the question of how Bin Laden hid in Pakistan for so long.

To which Khar replied … That friends don't ask nasty questions. She also pointed out that 30,000 Pakistanis have been killed by terrorists.

It hardly seems appropriate to ask, but our readers demand it … No, I won't say what she wore for the speech.

Do say: "So, Ms Khar, what do you think about Kashmir?"

Don't say: "So, Ms Khar, what do you think about cashmere?"

Pass notes, No 3,052: Hina Rabbani Khar | World news | The Guardian

Pakistan's glamorous foreign secretary is always having her appearance and accessories commented upon by sexist media types

Appearance: More glamorous than William Hague.

Yeah, but who isn't? All right, then: more glamorous than any foreign secretary you can name. She's the youngest-ever head of Pakistan's ministry of foreign affairs, a polo-loving heiress who looks like a million dollars.

Hold on. Why are we trivialising one of the most important women in the world? Because everyone does. When "HRK" visited India in July the media went mad for her pearl necklaces and designer outfits, to say nothing of her £5,000-plus Hermès handbag. The Mumbai Mirror described her as the "Pakistan bomb", while even the Guardian said she was "bagging" attention, boom-boom.

Sexist, puntastic, accessory-obsessed pigs. That's just what you'd expect from … what? The Guardian? We were probably being playful.

That'll be it. And does wassername relish the coverage? Not so as you'd notice. "A guy in my place would never get such attention," she complains. "Nobody would be talking about his suit." On the other hand, at least the press have stopped focusing on her 2002 election campaign, which could be summed up as: "Vote for me, get my much more experienced daddy."

And to think that even Pass Notes is joining in … We're not. We're talking about HRK because she's been in New York, defending her country at the UN.

Of course we are. And it needed defending because … The chairman of the US joint chiefs of staff has been claiming that the Taliban faction, the Haqqani network, is a "veritable arm" of Pakistan's ISI intelligence service. Then there's the question of how Bin Laden hid in Pakistan for so long.

To which Khar replied … That friends don't ask nasty questions. She also pointed out that 30,000 Pakistanis have been killed by terrorists.

It hardly seems appropriate to ask, but our readers demand it … No, I won't say what she wore for the speech.

Do say: "So, Ms Khar, what do you think about Kashmir?"

Don't say: "So, Ms Khar, what do you think about cashmere?"

Pass notes, No 3,052: Hina Rabbani Khar | World news | The Guardian
Shes the most stylish , Charming & might i say desirable politician in the world she's in a class of her own

no matter what peple say about her but born rich is not her fault forget every thing just look at how grace fully she caries herself shes just great

Anyway, I am wondering if Hina Rabbani Khar will be replaced by Zardari due to her solid statements on the similar fate of former FM Qureshi on US matters.

Rabbani middle name, isn't that same name from Afghanistan's Rabbani assassination??

Anyway, I am wondering if Hina Rabbani Khar will be replaced by Zardari due to her solid statements on the similar fate of former FM Qureshi on US matters.

Rabbani middle name, isn't that same name from Afghanistan's Rabbani assassination??

Bro if you were a world leader and wanted to talk turkey who would you like to sit opposite.
Zardari or Khar - I await your well thought out answer!

Bro if you were a world leader and wanted to talk turkey who would you like to sit opposite.
Zardari or Khar - I await your well thought out answer!

No, I am not saying we should sit and quiet or blank statements. What I am saying is we remember the beginning stand up of FM Qureshi where he disagreed with governments after Raymond (terrorist) caught. I hope, Zardari wouldn't replaced her again this time as he is currently meeting with US officials.

Khar, little role model of Pakistan's BB, will influence world to change perspectives, I like her statements well said.

Pakistan really has some good looking minister just one look of sharmila any body can go week

This glamor bit is overdone in her case.

She is more or less plain looking.

The focus should be on her diplomatic skills, something still to be proven.

What gets HRK is the foreigners who obsess over her appearance more than the locals do. We did, then we got over it. I thought she'd be a dumbass but she's fine. We've had lesser FMs in the past. Shah Mehmood was a notch better. Only thing of concern is her Zardari-stooge status not how hot she is. She's been fine, on that too.

People threatened by Pakistan also want to resort to trivializing her by making her as the cute chick on the block, to set a precedent that she's not to be taken seriously.

Others well their ignorant and islamaphobic lifestyle has taught them to not to expect an educated, functional and a modern person from Pakistan - let alone a woman - and they are gasping at their paradigms coming crawling down.

Anyway you look at it, the people fixating on her appearance than her work are either hormonal, sexist, envious or Islamaphobic. Take your pick.

whatever sir but miss Khar is also very talented she even has her own lounge in some polo club it really takes some guts to do a thing like that in this part of world

I thought working women is a norm in west, but in case of HRK they are behaving like how bharti press behaved last time, she visited bharat.

Looks like the article is a reprint of TOI.

From all the press coverage she had received from her foreign visits so far shows that western and bharti press are struggling hard to protect the false image of Pakistani women, which they have shown to their local public.

Clearly media is afraid even to print her fresh photos from from her visit and posted a file photo which was perhaps worst in their opinion?

My remarks: between the lines, attempt to undermine her impression, capability and position.

Prejudice, most obvious.

whatever sir but miss Khar is also very talented she even has her own lounge in some polo club it really takes some guts to do a thing like that in this part of world

It is not a strip club , it is just a restaurant/cafe!!

Back
Top Bottom