What's new

JF-17 Block III's proposed AESA Radar KLJ-7A

The F-16s were coming in through aid money. We managed to stop the aid money. And you couldn't afford the teens on your own.

How is Pakistans refusal to go with the deal an evidence of unaffordability? The Indian govt. took more than a decade to finalize the MMRCA, and even after Rafale was declared as winner it took the gov. more than a year to negotiate the final price. Pakistan backed out of the deal when the final out of pocket price increased 3x (with only a month given to accept new terms) after issues were created by hostile republican congressmen who were looking to humiliate Obama admin and score political points. I dont think India had much role in this deals collapse; Obama admin had accepted it and also tried to defend it in congress hearings as much as possible for them.
I think it had more to do with 1) Pakistan's own weak lobbying efforts and 2) US political dynamics in election year.

Regards

Pakistan pilots checking out the AESA radar during the Air Show China
GTHR3Nk.jpg

On a side note, I find it interesting how Pakistan keeps getting blamed in the Western media for 'selling/potentially selling or giving China access to US military technology' (despite no credible information supporting such allegations) when all the available information points to Israeli cooperation/sales with China over military technology often developed in cooperation with the West.
Double standard at its best (I mean at its worst).. one should first ask the question of who really controls the Western media!?

Hi,

Let me re-phrase it---. The " pre-emptive " was directed towards the sabotage of the enemy against the purchase of the french EW suite---the sabotage against the purchase of the F16 just recently---.
Hi.
What is this new MOU with France? is it about some EW or just some electrical wiring? the news are a bit confusing..

Double standard at its best (I mean at its worst).. one should first ask the question of who really controls the Western media!?

Hi.
What is this new MOU with France? is it about some EW or just some electrical wiring? the news are a bit confusing..
One of the officisl said that french c9mpany cooperate paf in wiring hot areas of engine and pakistan could maintain the engines of jets.

One of the officisl said that french c9mpany cooperate paf in wiring hot areas of engine and pakistan could maintain the engines of jets.
Thanks for the clarification..

Raad is designed to be carried by Mirages. JF17 is used for conventional weapons only.

Can it be assumed that this limitation is owing to the use of superior laser ring gyro based INS in ROSE Mirages (perhaps absent in JF 17), which is used to produce high accuracy state estimates for initializing the navigation filter in the Ra'ad? The usual excuse of insufficient ground clearance is just a bit hard to buy.

Back
Top Bottom