What's new

JF-17 Block III's proposed AESA Radar KLJ-7A

These are polish systems built by PIT, now RADWAR, and not designed in India.
@Bilal Khan 777
I'm afraid your information is in-correct, the radar you're talking about is "rohini", the base line version of which was indeed based on TRS-17 from PIT.LRDE did in fact buy comprehensive technology rights from IPRs to production right from PIT back in 2001.that's the reason why LRDE could modify the baseline rohini radar for various applications right from ground surveillance, low level radar to even sea based surveillance radar--all these subsequent versions were indeed designed here in Bangalore.secondly the polish radar you're talking about wasn't even PESA let alone an AESA. it was simple planar array fed by horn feed.

here is the picture of radar you're talking about-
images (4).jpg

However the AESA radars that you see in the pictures I've uploaded are entirely indigenous. LRDE did file parents for the unique TRMM design back in 2007.I happen to have worked on passive phased array Rajendra (during my brief intern in 2012 ) that was again designed here at LRDE in early 90s.There are pvt companies in India that can fabricate the TRMM(an.intellectual property right of LRDE) in large quantities for application to various new AESA radars being designed in India for instance LSTAR project,arudra,ashwini and L-273(aka the AESA radar for LCA)

Last edited:
@Bilal Khan 777
I'm afraid your information is in-correct, the radar you're talking about is "rohini", the base line version of "rohini" 3D radar was indeed based on TRS-17 from PIT.LRDE did in fact buy comprehensive technology rights from IPRs to production right from PIT back in 2001.that's the reason why LRDE could modify the baseline rohini radar for various applications right from ground surveillance, low level radar to even sea based surveillance radar--all these subsequent versions were indeed designed here in Bangalore.secondly the polish radar you're talking about wasn't even PESA let alone an AESA. it was simple planar array fed by horn feed.

here is the picture of radar you're talking about-
View attachment 349709

However the AESA radars that you see in the pictures I've uploaded are entirely indigenous. LRDE did file parents for the unique TRMM design back in 2007.I happen to have worked on passive phased array Rajendra (during my brief intern in 2012 ) that was again designed here at LRDE in early 90s.There are pvt companies in India that can fabricate the TRMM(an.intellectual property right of LRDE) in large quantities for application to various new AESA radars being designed in India for instance LSTAR project,arudra,ashwini and L-273(aka the AESA radar for LCA)

Open a separate thread on Indian ASRs.

Lolz,,, and who said that was AESA?

An upgrade to mechanically scanned radar KLJ-7!!!

AND THAT makes you say it is an AESA? Come on man, you know better than that.

STOP creating hype out of nothing. Adding spice to the report may look good for some time but never good for general information and knowledge. I hope you will understand.
YES, it's an AESA, "有源相控阵雷达"

Digital beamforming
http://www.radartutorial.eu/06.antennas/Digital Beamforming.en.html

http://www.mptcorp.com/uploads/2/6/...igitalbeamforming_genericforpublicrelease.pdf

Americans starting development
https://globenewswire.com/news-rele...tronically-Scanned-Array-AESA-Technology.html

The Americans call it a breakthrough, the French call it a game changer. Basically, it means the F-22 can be tracked from 100-200Km away with very high probability.
You first make a technology to bypass or fool a radar and remain low observable and than come up with a technology to find that. lol Man we are never going to stop.

AESA has been tested on-board FC-1. If i can recall, it was beginning of 15.

Their is a very interesting thread on chinese jet engines in the section - chinese defence forum, where you can see some nice external photographs of the low-pressure compressor for cold bypass.

WjIDdGz.jpg

i have a feeling we should expect a similar T/R array to the one above for klj-A.

AESA has been tested on-board FC-1. If i can recall, it was beginning of 15.

Their is a very interesting thread on chinese jet engines in the section - chinese defence forum, where you can see some nice external photographs of the low-pressure compressor for cold bypass.
will you share some kind of link to read.Thanks

Last edited:
Last edited:
AESA is a piece of cake for today's China.

According to the radar's maker, J-20's ASEA radar is far more advanced than what's shown here.

As a matter of fact, J-10C, J-11D and J-16, being larger platforms than JF-17, all have more powerful AESA radars.

And I am sure FC-31 will also have its AESA radar superior to what we have here.

Back
Top Bottom