What's new

HELP requested from Indian Members

SQ8

INACTIVE
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi

My grandfather was a newspaper editor in Lucknow back in 47 and was very good friends with the Nehru Family, infact Jawaharlal Nehru was a frequent visitor to the compound.. which still exists today but in pieces.. called "Mustufa manzil".. Im not sure of the location but from what I recall it was in kakori.
I was hoping to get an idea if there is a record of him as the editor of a paper there. the period is the 40's.
His last name was Abbasi.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cant say.. possible Urdu.. or could be english..
Really thats the only info I have..

Cant say.. possible Urdu.. or could be english..
Really thats the only info I have..

Kakori is a place in the Lucknow district of UP. I think it would be good if you share the info a bit more in detail. Like his full name, Name of the paper etc, if not here at least with few reliable members. That'll help locate.

Sorry didn't see the date earlier, but it seems a really old post.
Hope you received all the details u required.

Kakori is a place in the Lucknow district of UP. I think it would be good if you share the info a bit more in detail. Like his full name, Name of the paper etc, if not here at least with few reliable members. That'll help locate.

Sorry didn't see the date earlier, but it seems a really old post.
Hope you received all the details u required.

Well, it was called the Roznama something. The house itself it fairly old too. Has its own facebook page :cheesy:
mustafa manzil | Facebook

I happened across this thread.

@Oscar hope you found what you were looking for. I understand the curiosity for your links.
The curiosity was to establish the papers popularity.. and more so to establish that this was a major Congress support hub. J. Nehru was a close friend of the owner of the house and the editor of the paper(and my great grandfather..both my grandmothers father). A regular visitor at the location.. and one who always kept his door open for anyone of the house's occupants.

The curiosity was to establish the papers popularity.. and more so to establish that this was a major Congress support hub. J. Nehru was a close friend of the owner of the house and the editor of the paper(and my great grandfather..both my grandmothers father). A regular visitor at the location.. and one who always kept his door open for anyone of the house's occupants.

That traitor is a close friend?

Don't you know how hated he is??? He is the worstest!!! :P

Hi

My grandfather was a newspaper editor in Lucknow back in 47 and was very good friends with the Nehru Family, infact Jawaharlal Nehru was a frequent visitor to the compound.. which still exists today but in pieces.. called "Mustufa manzil".. Im not sure of the location but from what I recall it was in kakori.
I was hoping to get an idea if there is a record of him as the editor of a paper there. the period is the 40's.

Thanks

Are you sure its kakori ?

I recall a compound with a similar name close to Charbagh Railway station in Lko.

Hi

Thanks

Was your grandfather related in any way to Mr.Ishtiaq Abbasi a lawyer of Lucknow who also happened to be the husband of Begum Akhtar (Akhtaribai Faizabadi) the famous singer?

Thanks for reviving this thread @Oscar; there is a person in Lucknow I know who is in his mid seventies, with whom I was in contact some years ago while researching something about Music in Lucknow. I'll try to renew contact with him and see if he can help in any way.

Hi

Thanks
im also a Abbasi.

Hi

Thanks

mate try here , Many have found people here
Facebook

Also i will pass this information to my friend who is right now in lucknow , You can get in touch with him directly .

Meanwhile the Place

Mustafa Manzil - Lucknow

http://wikimapia.org/street/16517139/Kakori-Kothi-Old-Martin-House-Kaiser-Bagh-Lucknow

Was your grandfather related in any way to Mr.Ishtiaq Abbasi a lawyer of Lucknow who also happened to be the husband of Begum Akhtar (Akhtaribai Faizabadi) the famous singer?

Thanks for reviving this thread @Oscar; there is a person in Lucknow I know who is in his mid seventies, with whom I was in contact some years ago while researching something about Music in Lucknow. I'll try to renew contact with him and see if he can help in any way.
Not sure, His family is still in politics though
Detailed Profile - Shri Mohammed Adeeb - Members of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) - Who's Who - Government: National Portal of India

mate try here , Many have found people here
Facebook

Also i will pass this information to my friend who is right now in lucknow , You can get in touch with him directly .

Meanwhile the Place

Mustafa Manzil - Lucknow

Kakori Kothi (Old Martin House) Kaiser Bagh Lucknow - Lucknow
Not that I need to find them. Family here is in regular contact. I just wanted to find out if the newspaper has any records or remnants.

Last edited:
What does that mean? :)
Abbasi is a Cast/race. We r Arabs who were the rules of Abbaside Empire for 500 years. We migrated to SA when our empire suffered defeat on the hands of Mongols in 12 0r 14 century.

Back
Top Bottom