What's new

HC asks govt to block Facebook cartoons, pictures against Islam

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
HC asks govt to block FB cartoons, pictures against Islam

HC asks govt to block FB cartoons, pictures against Islam

Wednesday, 21 March 2012

DHAKA: The High Court On Wednesday asked the authorities concerned to take necessary action to shut the web pages and websites for showing sensitive cartoons and pictures hurting religious sentiment of Islam on the social networking site facebook. In response to a public interest litigation filed jointly by Batul Sarwar, a Dhaka University teacher and M Nurul Islam, principal of Dhaka Centre for Law and Economics, the HC bench comprising Justice Mirza Hussain Haider and Justice Khurshid Alam Sarkar also asked the authorities concerned to take initiate investigation and identify the perpetrators of the offensive sites.

It also issued a rule asking the government to explain within four weeks why it should not be directed to block permanently the sites on the social website facebook and other interest sites for hurting religious sentiment.

It also asked the government to explain why it should not be directed to take legal action against the founders of the sites and web pages for displaying offensive and heinous content on the sites.

Secretaries of home and information, inspector general of police (IGP) and the Bangladesh Telecommunications Regulatory Commission have been made respondents to reply to the rule.

After the HC order, Barrister Nawshad Zamir, one of the counsels of the petitioner, told The Independent that some culprits were involved in showing sensitive cartoons and pictures of Hazrat Muhammad (SM) intentionally hurting the religious sentiment of the Islam.

He submitted a total of six web sites and facebook before the HC, which were involved in hurting the religious sentiment of Islam.

Advocate TH Khan, Fida M Kamal, Afzal H Khan, Nawshad Zamir and Ragib Rauf Chowdhury appeared before the court on behalf of the petitioners.

very good. now find those culprits behind those fb pages and bring them to justice.....

very good. now find those culprits behind those fb pages and bring them to justice.....

Is it for censoring anti islamic pages or anti awami league pages? and how they will identify who opened those pages as it is unlikely facebook will provide those info!!!

It seems like same drama that of Indian HC.

There are 5 Bangladeshi atheist pages in FB!

They do not reason atheism but make fun of other religion

like posting insulting photos of Muhammad (pbuh) or making fun of Hindu myth.

Someone filed a case against those and Court ordered them to be blocked..

I know one Asif Mohiuddin who was arrested earlier for another reason makes fun of Islam.....

There are 5 Bangladeshi atheist pages in FB!

They do not reason atheism but make fun of other religion

like posting insulting photos of Muhammad (pbuh) or making fun of Hindu myth.

Someone filed a case against those and Court ordered them to be blocked..

I know one Asif Mohiuddin who was arrested earlier for another reason makes fun of Islam.....

Just curious do they make any fun on Christianity??? If not my strong feeling is that those pages are funded by Christian fundamentalists of USA. I have encountered many such page and people. They specially take this strategy where christian penetration is very low. So they try to make people away from Islam by the name of atheism and doing lots of mockery. If you try to bring Christianity they will say I do not believe in it. Do not bring it. But they will make the hell out of Islam by making lots of insulting comments.

"Burn the quran day" in 2010 opened a similar type of parallel page which was in reality funded by the Florida church which organized it.

Facebook is now solely thre to aggreviate muslims..
The trouble is that we are so loyal to our masters that we wone even think of alternatives...such as using some other websites

Just curious do they make any fun on Christianity??? If not my strong feeling is that those pages are funded by Christian fundamentalists of USA. I have encountered many such page and people. They specially take this strategy where christian penetration is very low. So they try to make people away from Islam by the name of atheism and doing lots of mockery. If you try to bring Christianity they will say I do not believe in it. Do not bring it. But they will make the hell out of Islam by making lots of insulting comments.

"Burn the quran day" in 2010 opened a similar type of parallel page which was in reality funded by the Florida church which organized it.

yeah other religions are also targeted, but 99% times they Insult Islam.

who cares? its a free country and people have the right to express their opinions. This is democracy.

lol just checked out dhormockery....this dude is like "admin tora jobo koram"...admin replies "jobo korla halal korban to":rofl:

how about making fun of your mother and sister?? democracy??

how about making fun of your mother and sister?? democracy??

Don't get me wrong, i hate atheists myself, but freedom of speech should prevail over an opinion. All religion is nothing but an opinion. Atheism itself is a cult, and their practices are of bashing other religion. Muslims in Bangladesh mock hindu gods, there is no outcry on that. But bunch of chaps start bashing islam in an international social media page and the hell breaks lose. If people are so offended by it, then they should stop joining it or avoid the pages. Any person should have the freedom to express his opinion and believe in whatever they like, these groups are simply arguing about the existence of god. Whats next for the government? ban atheist sites? after that different political ideologies? good job on supporting censorship.....this is how fascism starts.

Don't get me wrong, i hate atheists myself, but freedom of speech should prevail over an opinion. All religion is nothing but an opinion. Atheism itself is a cult, and their practices are of bashing other religion. Muslims in Bangladesh mock hindu gods, there is no outcry on that. But bunch of chaps start bashing islam in an international social media page and the hell breaks lose. If people are so offended by it, then they should stop joining it or avoid the pages. Any person should have the freedom to express his opinion and believe in whatever they like, these groups are simply arguing about the existence of god. Whats next for the government? ban atheist sites? after that different political ideologies? good job on supporting censorship.....this is how fascism starts.

Except for PDF darkprince in my whole life i never saw anyone mocking hindu gods...! where do you get that??

this so called freedom of speech anti islamic fun makes moderate muslims extremists. do you understand that?

Back
Top Bottom