What's new

Have the 'Tail choppers' converted to JF-17

I suspect any new major news will come March 23, 2017 if not released aready about JF17 Thunder induction

Its not just pilots. Its the ground techs, the logistics fellows, the maintenance groups. They all have to be brought up to speed.

Chances are they will get most of the personnel from other squadrons, along with a fresh batch from the OCU. The F-7 guys will be posted to other remaining F-7 squadrons.

Remaining block 2 will cover 14 and 18 the last f7p sqn

The last 50 i.e block III will cover pg sqn 20, 17 and 23 sqn

Next batch of 100 (total jf 250) will replace mirage sqn 7,8, 15, 25 and 27 unless we get another one or two f16 sqn raised or acquire long range like j10 or something else replacing 25 and 27 sqn in that case jf no may be reduced

Last edited:
The conversion was well known. @Windjammer , I think I told you those years ago that the gentleman I know and meet on and off said that the focus is on converting the Northern sector to JF-17 first with priority on the F-7Ps .
Yes indeed, i was also dismayed as why my contact , a well known JFT rider is being moved around to three locations.

Soon means month, two months ...

No news.on dual seat ... yet nor a picture ???

;)

View attachment 358635

Guys, firstly, i don't intend to jump the gun or draw conclusions on hear say.
However, last October, upon my query, an indeed very reliable source disclosed that No 14 Squadron famously known as The Tail Choppers will convert onto the JF-17s next month (November). Well, November came and went without any news on the re-equipment ceremony. Since we are well into December, i tried to find out on the follow up, unfortunately i haven't been able to get hold of the original source who for some reason is operating out of three different bases but another source not familiar with the operational side of things confirms that he did witness a ceremony in Kamra in the last week of November, or as he put it, ''some event did happen as all the Babeys, Aunties and Uncles descended on Minhas air base. Does any one has more news on this.
@HRK @Horus @Tipu7 @The Eagle @Muhammad Omar

PAC told NA that they delivered 70 Jf-17 to Air force, so check two Squadrons in Peshawar one in Karachi i think Squadron 2, to which one is next to equip i think that Squadron 14.

Tail Choppers to re-equip with JF-17 Insha'Allah
on
16th Jan 2017

pakistan-air-force-14-sqn-patch.jpg

Delayed. Ganja doesn't have time in his diary to inaugurate. Mid Feb now.

I think you donot need pm doing Sqn re eqpt ceremony, no 2 Sqn was done by a minister

Now I will believe it when it's on news and not on this forum

Not sure if ceramony means just initial handover or Sqn getting operationalized which mean all pilots an ground crew training on new weapon system completed

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom