What's new

Has anyone Got any Nitro/electric RC Vehicles?

Gold1010

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi im just wandering has anyone got any RC vehicles on this forum?

i have a Cen Ct5 onroad Car at a 1:10 scale

And ive just ordered my very first plane (a Ultra Micro Parkzone P-51)to start me off.

Id be happy to post pics if anyone else is interested.

I've got a small collection of RC planes, all electric.

It's very interesting... I've been into it since probably 1972. The cost, reliability, and size of the R/C equipment has improved incredibly. But more interesting to me is the electric revolution. 20 years ago, electric airplanes were underpowered oddities, and "real men" flew glow engines. Then came brushless motors and importantly lithium polymer batteries (LiPo's), and suddenly electric became very practical and efficient. Quiet, too.

It's a fun hobby once you learn how to fly them. It can be frustrating at first, and crashing is never fun, but overall it's a cool way to spend an evening.

I'd like to see pictures of what you are working on!

electric:
Blade 400 3d heli.
Lama v4 co-axial.

Glow:
Tiger Sport 40L.

Sure chogy ill get them for you , And yes the Lipo battery is fairly new isnt it? most Rc Aircraft run off a Lipo.

and thats a fairly nice plane santra how it go?

Heres some pics , chogy maybe you can help me on where to put the battery pack on my car.

ive had it since christmas and the steering servo cant handle the weight of the car it doesnt return back to center so i gave it to someone to look at it and they had it for 7 months after a tone of excuses so i finally got it back(problem not fixed)and found out the problem on my own and im still confused to where to put the battery so it wont fly off , do i cable tyre it to the body of the car?

ive had it since christmas and i aint even driven it properly yet lol ordered some tyre glue from the internet so i can glue the tyres at use it:)

ill post pics of my P-51 when i get it also thinking about a cheap Nitro buggy.

Image016.jpg

Image015.jpg

Image014.jpg

Hi im just wandering has anyone got any RC vehicles on this forum?

i have a Cen Ct5 onroad Car at a 1:10 scale

And ive just ordered my very first plane (a Ultra Micro Parkzone P-51)to start me off.

Id be happy to post pics if anyone else is interested.

Mty next door neighbow owns a RC nitro. The damn thing is fast as hell. Its kinda like this youtube video:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Thunder Tiger DT-10..yes old model :D
But very tough...Now i need silicon oil in the shocks and the carb is completely out of tune,may need to change the carb.

One question..After many years finally i am planning to buy another Nitro RC..
Has anybody tried ACME? They are cheap,but i never used or seen one.

Here is my faithful old DT-10

20130424202415865.jpg

Nitro engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nitro engines for models can turn in excess of 35,000 RPM. Typical operating rpm for sport model aircraft engines is 10,000-14,000 rpm. For RC boats and ducted fan aircraft engines, 20,000-25,000 is the usual range, and for cars rpm in the range of 25,000-30,000 is common. With this much movement, a lot of frictional heat is generated and the fuel used for these engines usually contains between 12-20% oil content depending on the nitromethane and methanol percentage, the engine type and application. Most engines in R/C cars today are 2 stroke engines, which means that it takes 2 strokes of the piston (one revolution)to complete the engine cycle. On the first stroke as the piston travels downward, a mixture of fuel and oxygen is sucked into the crankcase, from the carburetor and travels into the induction port and finally into the combustion chamber. As the piston travels upward the mixture is compressed which causes the fuel/air mixture to ignite, producing hot gas under pressure to force the piston down. As the piston travels downward the spent exhaust gases escape out of the combustion chamber through the exhaust port, and the cycle starts over by the fuel mixture being again sucked into the induction port. When starting, the glow plug preheats the cylinder so the fuel/air mix can ignite much easier than if the cylinder was cold. The glow plug is not to be confused with the spark plug; the glow plug is only used to pre heat the cylinder (incorrect), and only compression is used to explode (ignite) the fuel, aided by the heat (catalysis assisted by temperature) of the glow plug element. Whereas spark plugs are constantly used to ignite the fuel/air mix every time the piston comes up, as seen in the petrol engine where the spark plug is used, the fuel cannot be ignited with compression alone.

saftiz is now the owner of a 90kph thunder tiger tomahawk :D
got it today

A toy car that goes 90 kmph? wow!

yes sir
can go even faster with certain mods and upgrades
so its a toy.but not for kids as these cars also need a permanent table top workshop as they need maintenance.
For different terrains you need different suspendion settings and tires.then engine adjustments etc.

yes sir
can go even faster with certain mods and upgrades
so its a toy.but not for kids as these cars also need a permanent table top workshop as they need maintenance.
For different terrains you need different suspendion settings and tires.then engine adjustments etc.

As they say in Ol' Blighty: BLOODY 'ELL!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom