What's new

Happy Republic Day --Gantantra Divas ki shubh kamnayain!!

Kashmiris observe Indian Republic Day as Black Day

Complete shutdown observed in occupied Kashmir

Srinagar, January 26 (KMS): Kashmiris on both sides of the Line of Control and across the world observed Indian Republic Day, today, as Black Day, call for which was given by the APHC Chairman, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and veteran Kashmiri Hurriyet leader, Syed Ali Gilani. Observance of the day was aimed at conveying the international community that India’s continued denial of Kashmiris’ right to self-determination was contrary to its claim of being a democratic republic.

f06f963612b5a446ff3d62f8afb21668.jpg

6f6a90eb01d8aee4f56e2b289aa1fa4b.jpg

So you are here for troll and posting venom.

There is nothing called Kashmir but Jammu and Kashmir. It has Kashmir valley, Ladakh and Jammu region.

There is no tension whatsoever in Ladakh and Jammu region. And also in Kashmir valley only particular area in Srinagar has a gang of Dalal who does all the disturbances and protests etc.

You can see the photographs of protesters wearing expensive watches, imported jeans and Reebok/Nike shoes. Do they looks poor or suppressed from any angel.:rofl::rofl:

No, they are not. They just shouts some slogans and throw some stones and go back to their work. Why they do this is just to make extra bucks and are the followers of pimps, simple.

Police or Army does not shoot them they just arrest some and after few hours they get free.:angry:

You can't see protect like this in China regularly only because the authorities are brutal and have media control.

The population of Jammu+Ladakh region is more than that of Kashmir Valley but government foolishly being ultra sensitive to Muslim majority area has given more assembly seats, development, money and discriminate towards Hindu majority areas.:hitwall:

Also, each time people in whole Jammu and Kashmir whole heartedly participates in elections and elects their government. The people of Kashmir never listens to appeals of boycott by these Hurriyat leaders.:bunny:

The Hurriyat leaders knows that the people are not with them that's why they don't participate in elections because of getting exposed of their mass base.:sniper:

Jai Hind
Happy Republic Day.

It was a good show and able to showcase Indian culture, progress and country's military strength... unfortunately I've missed part of it. Can some one post pictures sp. cultural part of parade?

Happy Republic Day to all. Interestingly, the border troop tradition still continues amid firings. Nothing like some good halwa to lower the tension and increase your cholesterol :D

news.outlookindia.com | India, Pak Troops Exchange Sweets on R-Day

Pakistani troops extended greetings and exchanged sweets with Indian soldiers in two sectors along the Line of Control on Republic Day today even as there were ceasefire violations by Pakistan border guards along the frontier in Jammu and Kashmir.

Pakistan Army personnel led by a Colonel-rank officer presented boxes of sweets to Indian Army officers at forward defence locations and crossing-points at Chakan-Da-Bagh and Tatapani in Poonch and Mendhar sectors along the LoC.

"They greeted us and exchanged sweets with our troops on R-day at the two different FDLs in Poonch district this morning," a senior army officer told PTI.

Even as Pakistani armymen were busy greeting their counterparts, Pakistan Rangers resorted to unprovoked firing on forward border outpost of Alfa Machail in Kanachak sub-sector along the international border in Jammu district.

Indian troops stationed in Uri sector of north Kashmir presented baskets of sweets to their Pakistani counterparts.

Troops of Four Jat regiment presented sweets to Pakistani soldiers at Kaman Post, the last Indian territory in Uri sector, 126 kms from here, official sources said.

Kaman Post hit the headlines in 2004 when bus service between Jammu and Kashmir and Azad Kashmir was resumed after nearly six decades.

Pakistani troops violated ceasefire along LoC by opening fire on the Indian forward positions, BSF officials said adding this was the second such incident since yesterday.

They had also violated the ceasefire last night by firing three mortar shells, which exploded some distance away from an FDL on the Indian side in Poonch district.

bb443194b8c66c9f03a7a928b787a827.jpg

There you are! Gracias Amigo!

Thanks Pandit ji, that was really nice, man to be honest its mouth watering:lol:

Now in reciprocation i will tell you a story, i real one, a good one that always fascinated me.

My father used to tell us when he was a kid(it was before partition), when so ever his father(my grandfather)had to go to bazaar for some shopping he used to accompany him, and as my father being the youngest child of my grandfather, he never refused him for the tour (some privileges the youngest kid always enjoy over others). Because of rush and troubles of shopping from different markets, my grand father used to leave him with a "Hindu Pundit" who used to have a very famous sweets shop in those days. The pundit was my grandfather,s best buddy in the whole bazaar, not that he didn't have other friends(Muslim friends) running shops in nearby markets, but my grand father felt a lot more comfortable leaving his kid (to be taken care off) by the Hindu pundit, while he was off for shopping. There was a great mutual trust and understanding between my grandpa and the pundit.
Now the story is not about the level of understanding between my grandpa and the pundit sahib, the story is more about my father. So when my grandpa used to leave for shopping, the pundit being just like an uncle to my father used to give a free license to him, to eat any sweet he wanted in the shop, but under the condition that no sweet should be left in parts, i.e. had to eat all of it. With this license to kill my father used to take full advantage of the situation:lol::lol::lol: and that was the sole point for him to accompany my grandpa for the visit to bazaar. then, when my grand pa, used to return from shopping, my father used to say a loud goodbye to the Pundit sahib, and they come back home.
For sometime my father enjoyed a lot because of the whole situation, then things changed, partition happened and pundit sahib shifted to India. After that my father stopped visiting bazaar with my grandfather. For him the fun in bazaar was over.

:cheers:

adios

Happy Republic day guys..couldnt enjoy it due to some personal reasons ...

Thanks Pandit ji, that was really nice, man to be honest its mouth watering:lol:

Now in reciprocation i will tell you a story, i real one, a good one that always fascinated me.

My father used to tell us when he was a kid(it was before partition), when so ever his father(my grandfather)had to go to bazaar for some shopping he used to accompany him, and as my father being the youngest child of my grandfather, he never refused him for the tour (some privileges the youngest kid always enjoy over others). Because of rush and troubles of shopping from different markets, my grand father used to leave him with a "Hindu Pundit" who used to have a very famous sweets shop in those days. The pundit was my grandfather,s best buddy in the whole bazaar, not that he didn't have other friends(Muslim friends) running shops in nearby markets, but my grand father felt a lot more comfortable leaving his kid (to be taken care off) by the Hindu pundit, while he was off for shopping. There was a great mutual trust and understanding between my grandpa and the pundit.
Now the story is not about the level of understanding between my grandpa and the pundit sahib, the story is more about my father. So when my grandpa used to leave for shopping, the pundit being just like an uncle to my father used to give a free license to him, to eat any sweet he wanted in the shop, but under the condition that no sweet should be left in parts, i.e. had to eat all of it. With this license to kill my father used to take full advantage of the situation:lol::lol::lol: and that was the sole point for him to accompany my grandpa for the visit to bazaar. then, when my grand pa, used to return from shopping, my father used to say a loud goodbye to the Pundit sahib, and they come back home.
For sometime my father enjoyed a lot because of the whole situation, then things changed, partition happened and pundit sahib shifted to India. After that my father stopped visiting bazaar with my grandfather. For him the fun in bazaar was over.

:cheers:

adios

Just add a bit of human touch one can identify with and the story becomes real. Thanks for that story.

Off topic, but i was a kid and reading a magazine in india, the magazine covered the naxal problem. it showed a hut in a jungle and a couple of dead bodies of yound dead naxals in front of it, their rucksacks still on their backs. now these days violence does not shock us, so i just looked at the pictures like i would at any other picture.

And then suddenly i saw, peeping out of one of the naxal's rucksack - a bar of soap, the same brand my mom would buy for me. That bar of soap hit me like a bolt of lightning. that made me realize that that young kid in war fatigues, dead now, shot multiple times, was a kid like me, had dreams, ideas, challenges just like me. that soap, that one small thing in that picture that i could identify with, changed the whole picture for me.

Just like that, your story sir, made me wonder what good things were lost forever in the hope of achieving something greater...

Thank you for your wishes.

Fateh

Back
Top Bottom