What's new

Hameed Gul: "PAF was on red alert on Sunday due to US planes"

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Defence System of Pakistan Air Force was on red alert due to US planes

Former ISI chief lt gen (retd) Hameed Gul has said that the time has come when the government should tell the US clearly that it should not try to take revenge of failure in Afghanistan from Pakistan, adding that Pakistan Air Force had put its defence system on red alert on Sunday night due to US flights on Pak-Afghan border.

General Hameed Gul said that recent incidents clarify that the Pak-US relations cannot remain at that level where were in Musharraf era, adding that every leader of Pakistan says that we don not accept America as our Master, and this is the voice of whole nation.

He said that it is time to say US that we are not like Cambodia, we are a nuclear state. “It is time to say that if you would do this than we response in this way,” he added.

Hameed Gul said that the Haqqani network is a pretext, which has two or three thousand fighters and they are working as subordinate of the Taliban, adding that the main target of America is Pakistan.

He said that Musharraf committed wrong with country, he gave binding hands to United States without any written agreement and are facing the consequences of decisions of Musharraf.

Hameed Gul said that Pakistan Air Force alerted its defence system due to flights of US fighter planes near border on Sunday night and this event was not reported in media. He said that the visit of Chinese vice prime minister scheduled to be start today (Monday) and meeting of Corps commanders is a signal which says that the civil and military leadership has common understanding regarding the threats faced by the country.

If today we have decided to answer America than it is a right decision and should stand with this decision, Gul added.

South Asian News Agency | Defence System of Pak Air Force was on red alert at Sunday night due to US planes flights: Hameed Gul

I think , the best approach is dialog

US lost badly and just needs a excuse , lets not give them any and let them take their long walk in Shame alone all the way from Kabul to Washington DC

Pakistan has done what it could as an ally so far , and I think we should maintain some form of dignity and let US just cry out their crocodile tears , once they reach back home and realize they wasted money because Dick Chaney and Rumsfield were too arrogant

US fighters can fly , do 360 , turns acrobatic moves , and go up side down like in Top gun but USA is not an idiot nation they know they will suffer badly

And we don't wnat them to suffer any more

Its very easy for Government officials to sit in Washington and pass out remarks with out knowing ground realities and logistical challenges faced when providing fuel to just 1 tank in Afghanistan

Pakistanis should not bother much have BBQ and release a press statement to clearify their stance and then enjoy a song by Nusrat fateh Ali Khan , and get on with our lives

We don't have to live our lives for sake of Americans they need to return back where they came from

And learn form their mistakes ... they clearly did not learn it in 80's when they left us alone , and now they are making same mistake again by signalling us out ... not that it bother us ...such tactics only makes us more independent as a nation

Two points:

1. How is Hameed Gul privy to the decisions being taken by the Defence Forces? How did he know that Pakistan Air Force had put its defence systems on red alert? Are such operational decisions taken by the Armed Forces in public domain? As a retired General, is he still part of the Army/Air Force decision making process?

General Hameed Gul said that recent incidents clarify that the Pak-US relations cannot remain at that level where were in Musharraf era, adding that every leader of Pakistan says that we don not accept America as our Master, and this is the voice of whole nation.
That's understood, but what's going to happen without those billions of dollars in American aid being handed out to Pakistan and propping up its economy since 1947? Would Pakistan be able to stand on its own feet? Would China fill the gap? It won't! Because China is using Pakistan only as a counter to India, to keep its Southern flank more or less secure. It will provide military aid in the form of weapons, missiles and aircraft for this purpose but not the billions required by Pakistan to keep its economy afloat.

Now let the bashing begin....:argh:

He said that it is time to say US that we are not like Cambodia, we are a nuclear state. “It is time to say that if you would do this than we response in this way,” he added.
Pls tell me Why he said something about Cambodia ??

Is Gul the spokesperson of GOP ?

Wonder how is is privy to details of PAF ?..unless it is delibrate leak to send a message.

If it is, then its a message wasted. US has infiltrated so completely into the Pak system that it would proably know what they even ' think' not only act.

Is Gul the spokesperson of GOP ?

Wonder how is is privy to details of PAF ?..unless it is delibrate leak to send a message.

If it is, then its a message wasted. US has infiltrated so completely into the Pak system that it would proably know what they even ' think' not only act.
Yeah man you are the man - You know how much US has infiltrated.I wonder what kind of security level access you have in US government.
I am scared now i think i trolled you somewhere.

Yeah man you are the man - You know how much US has infiltrated.I wonder what kind of security level access you have in US government.
I am scared now i think i trolled you somewhere.

Remember Abbotabad ?

The whole world knows that Pak stands infiltrated else OBL would still be watching videos.

Remember Abbotabad ?

The whole world knows that Pak stands infiltrated else OBL would still be watching videos.
Stealth which you can't detect and even if we detected would not have intervened i assume as it would have led to a huge confrontation and OBL was a criminal anyway so your point is worthless?Otherwise, I can recall Mumbai and Delhi I assume it is India is infiltrated by someone too?

Two points:

1. How is Hameed Gul privy to the decisions being taken by the Defence Forces? How did he know that Pakistan Air Force had put its defence systems on red alert? Are such operational decisions taken by the Armed Forces in public domain? As a retired General, is he still part of the Army/Air Force decision making process?

That's understood, but what's going to happen without those billions of dollars in American aid being handed out to Pakistan and propping up its economy since 1947? Would Pakistan be able to stand on its own feet? Would China fill the gap? It won't! Because China is using Pakistan only as a counter to India, to keep its Southern flank more or less secure. It will provide military aid in the form of weapons, missiles and aircraft for this purpose but not the billions required by Pakistan to keep its economy afloat.

1. He is an ex-general, must be having friends and its not such a big secretive thingy. I even had an idea that something is being done. Generals may retire, but they still have respect and contacts in their old organizations.

2. A billion dollar of aid a year is not gonna make us poor or go bankrupt, has been told thousands of times, but no idea what is the problem with Indian mindset, that they don't get the idea or may be since there is the word Pakistan in the discussion, thus their minds get shut and are not able to understand.

And as for China, again thousands of times told you guys with no effect on your minds, that China has not only given us weapons, but they have been more helpful in economic related issues when compared to the Americans. Chinese have invested billions in the economic infrastructure, they want us to stand on our own feet, when compared to US aid, majority of the US aid amount goes into the pockets of US officials, rest whatever is left goes into the pockets of people on this side of the border and little bit of the amount goes into real projects. Thus, US aid money is a curse compared to any help, while Chinese not only want us to be a counter weight to you guys, but they want to make us stand on our own feet, that is what real friends do. Had it been just a counter weight, then only military weapons would have been provided, and not economic development.

And why are you talking about us being a counter weight to India, when you guys are yourself becoming counter weight to China for your new found strategic partner ?? Looking in the mirror is sometimes good for one own self too.

Stealth which you can't detect and even if we detected would not have intervened i assume as it would have led to a huge confrontation and OBL was a criminal anyway so your point is worthless?Otherwise, I can recall Mumbai and Delhi I assume it is India is infiltrated by someone too?

The infiltration alluded to was not relating to insertion of aircraft but that relating to obtaing of information. It is unlikley OBL was ' spotted ' in a Mall or while on picnic.The inputs that led to his elimination were a result of infiltration.

My point is worthless ? Harbouring a world class criminal inside a country is worthless infromation ?

As regards Mumbai, even though it is not relevant to the topic but we cannot help but drag infructious issues into discussions..yes India has been infiltrated . India has pointed it out to the world the recent tightening of screws on the Haqqani network etc shall help.

All what India said post 9/11 has slowly come true. After all who knows anyone better than a neighbour .

It would be better if off topic discussion is not included in this thread, meaning the mumbai stuff, plus Indian members should also try not to go overboard with sarcasm, otherwise infractions will follow for both sides.

Keep the discussion on the topic, hopefully it won't be that much difficult.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

It would be better if off topic discussion is not included in this thread, meaning the mumbai stuff, plus Indian members should also try not to go overboard with sarcasm, otherwise infractions will follow for both sides.

Keep the discussion on the topic, hopefully it won't be that much difficult.

Two points:

LOL... when u r tone is so cunning then obviously there would be bashing... anyway ... to rationaly answer ur query.... Hamid Gul is just a media savy person... what he says doesn't account for anything... as per what would happened if billions of dollors will stop coming in to the Pakistan...

These billions of dollars are payed to keep us in the war for almost 10 years now.... we fought... and we lost more than 35000 innocent people with more than 4500 terrorists attacks on our cities ... destroying infrastructure .... economic opportunities.... games....
every hope and everything...
if that money stops coming in...we will be out of war.... that can be the best thing happened to us.... we could have earn far far more than that if we would have peace in our country...

Back
Top Bottom