What's new

HAL's HTT40 during high speed taxi trial (95 knots) held on Sunday

proud_indian

Reaction score
Country
India
Cjq6D4QUkAE3TtR.jpg

Does that mean, it is a failed test? Those poor buggers can't even keep an aircraft in the ground. :D

Sarcasm aside, Vijainder Thakur was a Jaguar pilot and served in the Air Force for 20 years, I'd take his word any day before an irrelevant.
Ignorance is blessing and whatever the pilot name and hours he/she clocked there are always sheer room of incompetence .To answer more politely and with relevance of my post . I will leave you with this article for understanding what it means .Summary

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a320210.pdf

upload_2016-5-30_13-53-43.png

upload_2016-5-30_13-54-30.png

CHAPTER 8 TAKEOFF & LANDING PERFORMANCE
www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a320210.pdf
by P PHASE - ‎1993 - ‎Related articles
8.5.1 HIGH SPEED TAXI TESTS . .... all three forces) at liftoff will be about 80% of its initial value for a jet aircraft and 40% for a propeller aircraft. .... If we define runway slope angle 6 as positive downhill, we can obtain a correction equation.

So Power plant is more powerful for the design ,this shows poor designing and lack of understanding the basics .for Irrelevancy i only have Fluid dynamic degree and did Master s in the same (Engineering) So i bet any day an Engineer is more reliable then a pilot

Before you get your panties in a twist, the HTT40 is a spin off the hawker beechcraft with full collaboration with them. The design is fully proven but many sub-systems are from India. Hawker Beech Craft went into Chapter 11 couple years ago and HAL approached them and bought the air frame design which was a proven design.

Before you get your panties in a twist, the HTT40 is a spin off the hawker beechcraft with full collaboration with them. The design is fully proven but many sub-systems are from India. Hawker Beech Craft went into Chapter 11 couple years ago and HAL approached them and bought the air frame design which was a proven design.

Didn't Mahindra approached for a Buyout of Hawker Beechcraft?

just because it wasn't indigenous not meant flaws in design ,You are absolutely right on panties down .I am pathan but for you my friends i make exceptions . My post was referring to a test which was high speed taxiing and on this plane shouldn't get airborn why purpose of test failed other wise you called it fly test not taxi

just because it wasn't indigenous not meant flaws in design ,You are absolutely right on panties down .I am pathan but for you my friends i make exceptions . My post was referring to a test which was high speed taxiing and on this plane shouldn't get airborn why purpose of test failed other wise you called it fly test not taxi
Bhai u have problem if plane lifted inches above the air? Is that is official communication ?

What if Pilot decided to do taxi and move up and touch down test also at same time? everyone is just speculating and you started cheerleading with no where .

What if these are not High Speed taxi trial? Tejas also did the same, move up and touch down during high speed taxi trail.

Isn't the whole purpose of a "trial" to find out deviations from the expected in practice ?

Bhai u have problem if plane lifted inches above the air? Is that is official communication ?

What if Pilot decided to do taxi and move up and touch down test also at same time? everyone is just speculating and you started cheerleading with no where .

What if these are not High Speed taxi trial? Tejas also did the same, move up and touch down during high speed taxi trail.
I mean each prototype went into strict trials and there are protocols ,with your statement "What if Pilot decided to do taxi and move up and touch down test also at same time?" seriously did you even look at the statement you are given ,No matter Indian products are inferior

I mean each prototype went into strict trials and there are protocols ,with your statement "What if Pilot decided to do taxi and move up and touch down test also at same time?" seriously did you even look at the statement you are given ,No matter Indian products are inferior
Next time do some research kid.Before calling other inferiors check this out about U2 plane First flight http://www.codeonemagazine.com/u2_article.html?item_id=172
The first flight of the U-2 was made by accident on 1 August 1955, when the aircraft casually leaped into the air during a high-speed taxi trial

HTT-40 all set for first flight, weather-permitting
The Hindustan Turbo Trainer (HTT-40) is scheduled for its first flight between 8 am and 9 am. HAL officially is mum on the first flight, considering there will be an ‘official flight’ later in the presence of ‘biggies’ from Delhi.
# By Our Defence Correspondent
May 30, 2016, 08:43 PM IST

image.jpg

Bengaluru: A young team of engineers and designers from Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) are praying for clear weather on Tuesday (May 31) morning so that their pet metal bird could kiss the sky for the first time.

The Hindustan Turbo Trainer (HTT-40) is scheduled for its first flight between 8 am and 9 am. HAL officially is mum on the first flight, considering there will be an ‘official flight’ later in the presence of ‘biggies’ from Delhi.

Insiders in HAL say that Group Capt Subramaniam (Retd), Chief Test Pilot, HAL, will take the yet-to-be-named BTA (Basic Trainer Aircraft) on its maiden sortie over the Bengaluru skies.

It has been overcast in Bengaluru during the last couple of days and the weathermen are predicting ‘scattered thunderstorms’ on Tuesday morning.

Pre-flight tests done in record time

But the weather worries have not dampened the spirit of Team HAL, which created a record of sort by conducting a few pre-flight parameters within three days.

The Flight Readiness Review Board (FRRB), the low-speed taxi trials (LSTT) and the high-speed taxi trials (HSTT) were all done in three days.

“She will fly on Tuesday morning, God-willing. And, with that will start a new chapter of reclaiming HAL’s dominance in developing basic trainers,” said an official who is overseeing the project. The HTT-40 project is fully funded by HAL.

HAL Chairman T Suvarna Raju’s FTY (freedom-to-youngsters) experiment is paying rich dividends now. Youngsters are increasingly given the mandate to take charge, in many key areas.

Interestingly, a photograph of HTT-40 carrying out HSTT at the HAL Airport clearly shows the platform ‘being airborne’ at 95 knots of speed.

“Yes. She was airborne for a while, but we can’t call that as a flight,” says the official.

The certifying agencies are said to be confident in clearing the platform for its first flight. However, a final decision will be taken only on Tuesday morning after HAL hands over the aircraft to the certifying teams.

“We have kept a group alarm at 3 am so that to be at the hangar at 4 am,” says a team member of HTT-40.

http://english.mathrubhumi.com/news...ght-weather-permitting-english-news-1.1095874

Back
Top Bottom