What's new

Guy holding AK in Blue Area Islamabad

It was a hostage situation in an indirect way. The term for this is right now out of my mind. The kids were hostages, the purpose was to save the kids.

SSP said that they were ready for op half an hour back and had called some NVG operators, plan was to turn off lights and cameras and take him out in dark, but cameras didn't turn off.

So then they decided to move him to a house, and then neutralize him in the way. But Zamurd Khan did hia idiotic act before that.

This is not enough to satisfy the gravity of situation. Simply anytime they could have call in for sniper or a sharp shooter in the day light and take him out instead waiting for the dark moon, and letting the media to present a very entertaining live show of the day for more than 5 hours. The same who played a ****** role by live covering the Lal Masjid incident.

And look at the police commandos firing in the air in jubilance after sikandar is shot......this is police of federal capital

:yahoo:yea crowd was very eager to see something very interesting like a Blue Area Massacre:guns:. People gathered around like they were there to watch some circus show. Silly:cuckoo: people crossing from the back side and most probably showing their bravery:victory: . You didn't saw i think (Pak-One), within a few seconds of execution how people rush towards the crime scene. If commandos wouldn't have fired in the air, chances are more + ve for innocent causalities.

Ok, so following is what I think the Police did not do or did wrong. Not necessarily operational mistakes, but related to the execution of the op or negotiation.

1- Not blocking the SIM of the attacker. This should have been done in the first instance. Within half an hour they had got a complete background and made contact with the relatives. They could have gotten the phone number or something...they also did an easy load on his phone around Maghrib.

The lines of comm should have been blocked without any time wasted, this would also have prevented the media getting to him. The media only angered him more by their trash talk.

2- The media and spectators should have been kept at least 700 m back. If they don't listen by soft talk, then give them a stick up the backside. It is the state doing it's work, who are you to butt in.

3- The politicians and unrelated persons should never been allowed to talk. Shadi main Abdullah deewana. Who is Nabeel Gabol to come and talk? This way, any Jack and Jill can come on his own and say that he couldnt bear it on TV. They should have been told of F off.

But to be fair to the police, they also had their hands tied. The politicians and media rule over Police like kings. When a policeman stops a politician (that too like Nabeel Gabol), he says "Oa tu kaun hota hai, pata hai main kaun hoon? Main MNA hoon, abhi tera thana badalwata hoon". And the policeman backs off.

State doesn't mean at all that, tomorrow we will capture the terrorist and grab their women out from their houses and tear apart their cloths. And say they were threat to the state, so whatever has been done was under the law and cloths were tore while dragging. If we say than, it should be like Islamic State. Which at-least have defined the right & respect of a women. I am well aware of police and their treatment standards, how ill mannered people they are.

Yet again changing topic.

Was this woman dragged outside her house by the Police? Like the stupid analogy you presented?

Were her clothes torn apart? Like the stupid analogy you presented?

Wife of a terrorist isn't a criminal, this woman is. She took up guns on a few occasions and also threatened the ATS guys.

Yet again changing topic.

Was this woman dragged outside her house by the Police? Like the stupid analogy you presented?

Were her clothes torn apart? Like the stupid analogy you presented?

Wife of a terrorist isn't a criminal, this woman is. She took up guns on a few occasions and also threatened the ATS guys.

Well, that was a part of the example which i stated.
Off-course she was a part of criminal act and used as a bait. In some video i saw police personnel mistreating her. That was objectionable in my point of view.
I am not defending her at all.

Ok, so following is what I think the Police did not do or did wrong. Not necessarily operational mistakes, but related to the execution of the op or interrogation.

1- Not blocking the SIM of the attacker. This should have been done in the first instance. Within half an hour they had got a complete background and made contact with the relatives. They could have gotten the phone number or something...they also did an easy load on his phone around Maghrib.

:-)yahoo: Nice suggestion. What would you do if you want to track the whole gang if you had a lead ? One thing they could have done was, they can restrict some of his mobile communication facilities like you said easy load. And secondly how on earth you can trace him very quickly if you don't have any of his information. People are still there who can use fake IDs. So what's the big deal to acquire a fake ID sim. If one is switched off second will be turned on).

The lines of comm should have been blocked without any time wasted, this would also have prevented the media getting to him. The media only angered him more by their trash talk.

2- The media and spectators should have been kept at least 700 m back. If they don't listen by soft talk, then give them a stick up the backside. It is the state doing it's work, who are you to butt in.

3- The politicians and unrelated persons should never been allowed to talk. Shadi main Abdullah deewana. Who is Nabeel Gabol to come and talk? This way, any Jack and Jill can come on his own and say that he couldnt bear it on TV. They should have been told of F off.

But to be fair to the police, they also had their hands tied. The politicians and media rule over Police like kings. When a policeman stops a politician (that too like Nabeel Gabol), he says "Oa tu kaun hota hai, pata hai main kaun hoon? Main MNA hoon, abhi tera thana badalwata hoon". And the policeman backs off.

Apologize for inserting some material within your post. As a reply to your specific point.

Nice to hear all this stuff. But who is responsible for mishandling the situation ? Media ? Law Enforcement ? Politicians ? Government Institutes ? .
What if we sketch the scenario & re-arrange all the things up & down even, will not work. This is the bloody structure of our system, which is runned by the bunch of pigs.
:pissed:

Back
Top Bottom