Gurdaspur martyr's family refuses to cremate him, demands job

Imran Khan

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Gurdaspur martyr's family refuses to cremate him, demands job
PTI Kapurthala, July 28, 2015 | UPDATED 15:01 IST

The family of police officer Baljit Singh, who was killed fighting terrorists in Dinanagar, on Tuesday refused to cremate him till the state government hands over appointment letters of SP rank to his son and post of tehsildar to his daughters.

Kulwant Kaur, wife of the slain SP (Detective), said the family had suffered a lot at the time of the death of her father-in-law, police inspector Achhar Singh, to get appointment for her husband and he had to wait for two years to get the job. Also read: Exclusive: They defeated Gurdaspur terrorists without firing a single shot

Baljit Singh was a son of a policeman, who too was killed by militants during the height of militancy in Punjab in 1984.

Kaur also charged that the state government did not provide sophisticated weapon to the police force for fighting militants.

SSP Ashish Chaudhary, when contacted, said he was not aware of any such demand and will inquire into it.

Deputy Commissioner Daljit Singh Mangat said the issue did not pertain to him.

Seven persons - four civilians and three policemen including Baljit, were killed by heavily-armed militants who stormed a police station in the district yesterday.

Yesterday, the Punjab government had announced that the next of kin of each member of the police force who lost their lives in the operation would be given government job.

In addition, the bereaved families would also be given financial assistance to the tune of Rs 10 lakh each.

Baljit had joined the force in 1985 as ASI following the death of his father. He served as SHO Phagwara and with Vigilance department in Mansa before taking up the post of Deputy Commandant in 7th IRB Battalion.

Baljit is survived by son, Maninder Singh (24), daughters Parminder Kaur (22) and Ravinder Kaur (20).

Gurdaspur martyr's family refuses to cremate him, demands job : India, News - India Today

Punjab police has a rule to give a suitable job to police personnels kin in normal death case too so why this lady is creating ruckus now is hard to understand. Her husband is martyr and so was her father in law so she is going to get the job as per the educational qualification of her children and she will also continue to get full salary of her husband till his retirement age

Punjab police has a rule to give a suitable job to police personnels kin in normal death case too so why this lady is creating ruckus now is hard to understand. Her husband is martyr and so was her father in law so she is going to get the job as per the educational qualification of her children and she will also continue to get full salary of her husband till his retirement age

You can never understand her loss. Maybe she is immotionaly instable right now, probably ill advised too. Salary is one thing, but what about the lose of her husband. Loss of life cant be measured. My heart goes out to his family. Govt procedures takes time, but sometimes takes too much time. She must be worried from their previous experience. Although I agree that her ways are wrong, but to blame her for that is not justifiable.

its not about we dont respect
You can never understand her loss. Maybe she is immotionaly instable right now, probably ill advised too. Salary is one thing, but what about the lose of her husband. Loss of life cant be measured. My heart goes out to his family. Govt procedures takes time, but sometimes takes too much time. She must be worried from their previous experience. Although I agree that her ways are wrong, but to blame her for that is not justifiable.
sir its not tht we respect te loss she has suffered , can not replaced with any thing. even i was listening to daughter on news she was saying tht we want sp rank job for brother and tehsildar job for me and my sister, until our demand are not met we will not creamte our father , isnt they are disrespecting martyr of their father who died for their country ,

Martyred SP himself got job because his father had died in terrorist attack. You could say irony or Luck that now his family will get the job.

its not about we dont respect

sir its not tht we respect te loss she has suffered , can not replaced with any thing. even i was listening to daughter on news she was saying tht we want sp rank job for brother and tehsildar job for me and my sister, until our demand are not met we will not creamte our father , isnt they are disrespecting martyr of their father who died for their country ,

I agree to your line of thought. As I said, moments of such tragedy, there will always be people who will ill advice the family. In the end I hope sanity prevails, too bad if they are trying to milk upon their fathers death. Which I hope is not the case.

And please donot call me "Sir" . I am not that old or that knowledgeble. I will be pleased if you call me bro or buddy. :cheers:

Martyred SP himself got job because his father had died in terrorist attack. You could say irony or Luck that now his family will get the job.

From what I have learned, Late Gill deserved his father's job as he has also represented Indian hockey team*.
* I am not entirely sure though.

noted ur point bro

i am not against giving his son a job , but asking sp job for his son and tehsildar job for his daughter is not fair , why not give full pay for his family till their children are able to stand on their feet

One of my friends father was joint commissioner in chennai, Mr.Mohamed Ghouse Khan Ghori. He died when he was on duty due to cardiac arrest. My friend is also trying for his father's post, till now he didn't even become a constable.

One of my friends father was joint commissioner in chennai, Mr.Mohamed Ghouse Khan Ghori. He died when he was on duty due to cardiac arrest. My friend is also trying for his father's post, till now he didn't even become a constable.

Process takes time man. Atleast a couple of year, you know our system right. But to appoint directly to such a higher post, doesnt make any sense. I mean, if a DC dies, you just dont make his son a DC. Maybe for lower level post it can be done.

Process takes time man. Atleast a couple of year, you know our system right. But to appoint directly to such a higher post, doesnt make any sense. I mean, if a DC dies, you just dont make his son a DC. Maybe for lower level post it can be done.

noted ur point bro

i am not against giving his son a job , but asking sp job for his son and tehsildar job for his daughter is not fair , why not give full pay for his family till their children are able to stand on their feet

I agree, He cant be made SP just because his father lost his life in line of duty. At best he can become a DSP if he has the required qualifications. Well govt has provision to give 1 member of the family a job, not all. Its insane for his daughters to ask for the jobs.

even few week ago i was discussing with my father about these thing , now a days people hv made business out these death, eg. the reporter who was set on fire in up couple of week ago , there relative were on hunger tht we want justice then c m anounced tht 40 lakh and job for both son will be given ,after tht no hunger strike , now a days even our political people for vote bank distribute these job like peanut ,wht abt other candidate dont they deserve also a fair chance , but its all politics. tht wht i am against bro.

In Punjab if your relative gets crushed under Orbit Buses or killed by Akali Dal goons then you will get cash relief or government job in no time but for anything else you have to wait for lengthy red tape process.

Back
Top Bottom