What's new

Gripen NG

Indus Falcon

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Following are a few updated details and Specs on the Gripen NG.

@Windjammer @MastanKhan @Khafee @Blue Marlin @MaarKhoor

@Jango @Manticore

Gripen NG aesa-radar.jpg

Attachments

• gripen-ng1.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
  • gripen-ng2.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
  • gripen-ng3.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 79
  • ES 05 Raven Aesa Radar.pdf
    285.7 KB · Views: 57
Hi,

A picture is worth a thousand words------that is what Selex was touting----what is it----a coverage at 270 degrees angle----.

I will be really surprised if Selex is not chosen for the JF17---and if Selex is chosen---would it also be accompanied with the Eurofighter.
Typhoons cost £100 Million+ each...... no chance

Last edited:
Hi,

If I am not mistaken that is one of the aircraft that the PAF is looking at---.
organisations look at many jets but actually evaluating and testing is a different matter. if im not mistaken paf did look at the typhoon back around 2004-2006 and nothing came of it. there was a deal proposed to build typhoons in turkey and sell them to its allies, pakistan and the middle east. nothing came of that either. the paf air-chief recently had a ride in a typhoon which is a gesture of good will rather than an evaluation

Gripen for Canada: Why the Saab Gripen NG is right for Canada

@Indus Falcon

click on article to read the full version.

Why the Saab Gripen NG is right for Canada

The Saab Gripen NG, capable and affordable.

If we consider the F-35 not suitable for Canada's needs, what is the alternative? Despite the argument to the contrary, there are plenty of options available. Of course, each of those options offers different capability, cost, and political considerations.

Before announcing its selection of the Lockheed F-35, the Canadian powers-that-be briefly considered other fighter designs. Whether they were given serious consideration or merely paid lip service is for others to debate. One of those fighter designs was the Swedish Saab JAS 39 Gripen (Griffon) NG.

Is the Saab Gripen right for Canada? Not really... But the Gripen NG (the NG stands for "Next Generation") is.

Earlier versions of the Gripen flown by the Swedish Air Force.
Designed during the last throes of the Cold War to replace Sweden's aging Draken and Viggen fighters, the Gripen was designed from the outset to be an affordable, easily maintained, easily deployed, multi-role fighter capable of "JAS", which stands for Jakt (air-to-air), Attack (air-to-surface), and Spaning (reconnaissance). Despite the availability of off-the-shelf multi-role fighters like the F-16 and MiG-29, Sweden made the choice to keep its proud tradition of self-reliance and neutrality. It also chose to enter the international fighter sales market, as many countries looked to replace their aging Cold War eqiupment.

Although a perfect fit for Sweden, early JAS 39A/B versions of the Gripen proved to be ill suited for other country's needs. Short ranged, with no mid-air refueling capability, and a limited weapon selection made it unpopular compared to other heavily marketed fighters. Later versions, the JAS 39C/D allowed mid-air refueling and ability to mount any NATO weapon or electronics.

Saab Gripen NG technology demonstrator.
No longer content to play second fiddle to other manufacturers, in 2009, Saab introduced a new technology demonstrator. Addressing the concerns of previous versions of the Gripen, this version was equipped with a more powerful engine, increased fuel capacity, AESA radar, helmet mounted optics, and an increased weapon payload. The Gipen NG appears to be a formidable fighter, but has the unwelcome challenge of facing off against the massive marketing and political might promoting sales of the Lockheed F-35.

organisations look at many jets but actually evaluating and testing is a different matter. if im not mistaken paf did look at the typhoon back around 2004-2006 and nothing came of it. there was a deal proposed to build typhoons in turkey and sell them to its allies, pakistan and the middle east. nothing came of that either. the paf air-chief recently had a ride in a typhoon which is a gesture of good will rather than an evaluation

Sir,

The date of my post is 11/19/2015 and not 00/00/2006

Attachments

• gr.jpg
    gr.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 81

Sir,

The date of my post is 11/19/2015 and not 00/00/2006
i dont get what your saying. and the "why the gripen is right for Canada" is just Saab on the offensive and pushing the gripen in every market it can. granted, its one of my favourite single engined fighters.

i dont get what your saying. and the "why the gripen is right for Canada" is just Saab on the offensive and pushing the gripen in every market it can. granted, its one of my favourite single engined fighters.

Hi,

That post was not meant for me recommending Gripen for canada---it just had a lots of information about the NG

Typhoons cost £100+ each...... no chance
Well that is cheap, Between me and @MastanKhan we could finance a few thousand jets :partay:

Ok, jokes aside, you are right, no point in buying EF for that price, way too pricey, might as well go for the Rafale. Believe me the French will sell to Pakistan as well, after the drama India did.

Last edited:
Well that is cheap, Between me and @mastan khan we could finance a few thousand jets :partay:

Ok, jokes aside, you are right, no point in buying EF for that price, way too pricey, might as well go for the Rafale. Believe me the French will sell to Pakistan as well, after the drama India did.
i changed the mistake, thanks. the rafale is cheaper but not that cheap if you compare it to the typhoon. besides india is getting the rafale and the su-35 is not going to happen and the f15/18 not going to happen either. what other twin engine fighter is there out there? (for the love of god don't say j11) the typhoon is the only good option out there but its also the most expensive option too.

i changed the mistake, thanks. the rafale is cheaper but not that cheap if you compare it to the typhoon. besides india is getting the rafale and the su-35 is not going to happen and the f15/18 not going to happen either. what other twin engine fighter is there out there? (for the love of god don't say j11) the typhoon is the only good option out there but its also the most expensive option too.

It was a joke, you didn't have to take it so seriously my young friend. More importantly I'm waiting for your answer to my other post #12.

You Forgot. The Minimum Criteria for Discussion over "Can get" / "Will Get" for PAF ... Starts Only after their Pilots Fly a machine.
( With an exception of Su 35 .. Oh wait they did fly J11s... )

Hi,

Rafale was already tested between 2002 and 2005---same with the eurofighter---the chinese J series have already been tested---and so has been the SU35---.

We also have gathered a lots of information from Indian air forced's testing of MMRCA----so---using that information---we really don't need to get back into the seat of any of these aircraft and just go right for the deal---thanksa for giving us that information.

The numbers are being worked out right now----for how much down and how much a month and what is the rate----. Chinese are ready for a 10% down---russians want a lot more down and so do the eurofighter consortium.

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy----that is what it comes down to in the end----car sales 101----.

Back
Top Bottom