What's new

Greater than I..

Mick in England

New Recruit

Reaction score
WebMaster quote -some christians who can't seem to decide if Jesus is the god, or son of the god.
----------------------------------------------------------

He wasn't God, as these verses make crystal clear -

Jesus said - "I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28 )

"Why do you call me good? Only God is good" (Luke 18:19)

"Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)

"I say nothing of my own accord, i only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)

High Priest asks - "Are you the Son of God?" Jesus replies - "I am" (Mark 14:61)

And don't forget God himself said - "This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased" (Matt 3:17)

And of course Jesus regularly prayed to God, yet if he was God why would he pray to himself? ;)

So Jesus was a creation of God's... A lot of people find the Quran's description of the advent of Christ very beautiful or at least state that they can relate to it 90% of the way. These are straight continuous lines (so no out of context posting) from Surah Maryam that can be read at:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/019.qmt.html

Three different good translators are available on that site.

We sent to her Our spirit, and there appeared to her a well-made man.

She said: "I seek refuge from thee to (Allah) Most Gracious: (come not near) if thou dost fear Allah."

He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son.

She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?"

He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us':It is a matter (so) decreed."

Which by your account and my belief hardly makes Jesus an offspring of God. Maybe as a figure of speech, meaning that he is very close to God as a person since he carries a very important message of God's.

Mary herself says in the Koran and the Bible "no man has touched me".
Therefore the birth of Jesus was a miracle because God can do anything :)

Back
Top Bottom