What's new

Graphic comparing navy fleets of China, Japan and other asian countries

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
LOL, we are currently spending around 1.2% of GDP on the defence budget.

And our Government budget alone, is well over $2 trillion. Defence spending as a percentage of the Government budget is nearly the lowest in the world.

I can't wait till we ramp up our defence spending to a level that is more in line with other major countries. 3% would be perfect, and still less than America or Russia.

I expect that will happen fairly soon (maybe before 2020), as our economic transition is well underway already.

And by that time we'll have great things to spend it on, like DF-21D modified with HGV warheads, that can sink enemy capital ships from halfway across the world.

Economy is the base for overall military strength, if you happen to be a huge manufacturing powerhouse,that will be another huge plus.

I bet he talks about frigate, ya we only have 8 ( 2 under constructions)

But Indonesia is in the second position in the world in term of corvette population, just below Russia.

Total Navy Corvette Strength by Country

Edit: " I just knew that the OP actually talks about coast guard ships"

Last edited:

China has 205 ships over 500 tons
Japan has 78 ships over 500 tons
Vietnam has 55 ships over 500 tons
Indonesia has 8 ships
Malaysia has 2 ships
Philippines has 4 ships

Next Big Future: Graphic comparing navy fleets of China, Japan and other asian countries

China has 205 ships over 500 tons
Japan has 78 ships over 500 tons
Vietnam has 55 ships over 500 tons
Indonesia has 8 ships
Malaysia has 2 ships
Philippines has 4 ships

Next Big Future: Graphic comparing navy fleets of China, Japan and other asian countries

Mind you we spend only a measly 0.9% of our GDP on national defense. If Japan were to copy the United States and spend even just 3-4% of our GDP on national defense then I'm sure we could qualitatively and quantitatively change current levels. A defense budget of $200 Billion for Japan would enable us to contribute more to Proactive Peace in the Global Framework.

LOL, we are currently spending around 1.2% of GDP on the defence budget.

And our Government budget alone, is well over $2 trillion. Defence spending as a percentage of the Government budget is nearly the lowest in the world.

I can't wait till we ramp up our defence spending to a level that is more in line with other major countries. 3% would be perfect, and still less than America or Russia.

I expect that will happen fairly soon (maybe before 2020), as our economic transition is well underway already.

And by that time we'll have great things to spend it on, like DF-21D modified with HGV warheads, that can sink enemy capital ships from halfway across the world.

why you are bringing DF 21 here... thread is not about missiles.... you want use DF 21D on PDF users :p::p::p::p:

I bet he talks about frigate, ya we only have 8 ( 2 under constructions)

But Indonesia is in the second position in the world in term of corvette population, just below Russia.

Total Navy Corvette Strength by Country

Edit: " I just knew that the OP actually talks about coast guard ships"
Indonesia is severely under-armed given its economy and natural resources.

why you are bringing DF 21 here... thread is not about missiles.... you want use DF 21D on PDF users :p::p::p::p:

OK. :enjoy:

My point is that it's important to have mature weapons platforms to spend the money on, before ramping up defense spending.

And the platform I mentioned is absolutely relevant to naval warfare.

In terms of actual ships I'd talk about the Type 055 destroyer and the Type 095 Nuclear attack submarine, when those platforms are done and mature then large-scale spending becomes a lot more efficient.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom