What's new

Govt.invites suggestions on making India a sports superpower

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
The Department of Sports has invited suggestions and comments on the topic 'Making India a Sports Superpower' on the MyGov website.

India has been making steady progress in the field of sports, but it has potential to do much more, an official release said.

If the right steps are taken towards the development of sports culture, integration of sports and education, early spotting of talent, strong support to sportspersons through top-class coaching, competition exposures, sports science and sports medicine support, etc., India can emerge as a sports super-power.

Govt.invites suggestions on making India a sports superpower | Business Standard News

now come on please, i cant take such a big joke today

Make yoga a olympic event? Give it time i'm sure someone in the bjp will claim that the olympics was really invented in bharat.

It was once thought that people of European descent would dominate the Olympic swimming, and people of African descent would dominate Olympic track events.

Where is the room for us? Well, we made room. Now look at our swimming performance, our swimmers Sun Yang and Ye Shiwen both claimed multiple Gold medals each, and set multiple world records during the last Olympics.

We also won multiple Gold medals in track events.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

It was once thought that people of European descent would dominate the Olympic swimming, and people of African descent would dominate Olympic track events.

Where is the room for us? Well, we made room. Now look at our swimming performance, our swimmers Sun Yang and Ye Shiwen both claimed multiple Gold medals each, and set multiple world records during the last Olympics.

I am amazed you did not troll on this thread specially wot the title

I am amazed you did not troll on this thread specially wot the title

I'll only troll on this topic when Indians claim (as they usually do) that they are somehow racially superior to East Asians or anyone else.

Atleast our govt is trying to do something.

Let's start with just sports power for now...hold the super!

China supports its athletes and prepares them from early age. If India could do it we could also get some gold medals up from just 1 or 2 :P

Back
Top Bottom