What's new

Govt announces enhanced compensation for terror victims, Pak-occupied Kashmir people can apply too

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Modi stumps Pak again: Govt announces enhanced compensation for terror victims, Pak Occupied Kashmiri people can apply too
The Centre today announced enhanced compensation for civilian victims of terror and said that Pakistan Occupied Kashmiris could apply too.
defaultauthor-img.gif

Kamaljit Kaur Sandhu | Posted by Yashaswani Sehrawat
New Delhi, August 24, 2016 | UPDATED 22:35 IST
ANOTHER BOLD MOVE

Minister of state for PMO, Jitendra Singh, announced compensation for civilian victims and said "Pakistan Occupied Jammu and Kashmiris are an important part of India and they can also claim such a compensation."

He said, "By the virtue of the Constitution of India, rules also apply in that part of the country which is occupied by Pakistan. Those residents are also our people and are victims of similar condition."

The statement comes after Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Modi, gave its approval to enhance the grant of compensation to the civilian victims under the scheme titled "Central Scheme for Assistance to Civilian Victims of Terrorist/ Communal/Left Wing Extremist (LWE), Cross Border Firing and Mine/IED blasts on Indian Territory".

The compensation had been increased from Rs 3 lakhs to Rs 5 lakhs.

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SCHEME
  1. For the first time, civilian victims of cross border firing along the Indo-Pak border will be given a compensation of Rs 5 lakh similar to those who die due to terrorism or LWE violence.
  2. The decision to give compensation to the victims of cross border firing and enhancing the amount was taken by the government today.
  3. From now on, any civilian who dies anywhere in the country due to terror attack, LWE violence, firing from across the border, shelling or IED explosion will be given Rs5 lakh as compensation uniformly.
  4. The amount will be given to the next of kin of the victim.
  5. Rs 5 lakh will also be given to those who receive 50 per cent or more disability or incapacitation due to the same reasons.
  6. The compensation amount will be given subject to the condition that no employment has been provided to any of the family members of the victims by state or Central Government.
  7. So far, the government has disbursed Rs 35.89 crore as compensation to civilian victims since the inception of this scheme first came in 2008.
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...ced-compensation-terror-victims/1/748273.html

Probably a tit for tat, because Pakistan offered free treatment for protesters.

Also, why would Pakistanis be stumped? It's a PR move to divert attention from IoK protests; if anything, Pakistanis are surprised India didn't pull this stunt sooner.

Are those Kashmiri who victim of state sponsor terrorism and being terrorised by occupied Indian forces qualify?

What a cheap stunt ... Offering 'terror victim' compensation to people from a region that has little to no terrorism.

He likely means compensation for victims of Indian military shelling and firing from Indian Occupied Kashmir.
Its quite hilarious when they compare Pakistani administered Kashmir with Indian administered Kashmir. There are NO army garrisons holding Azad Kashmiri's hostage and no Azad Kashmiri is killed or abducted and the women are not being raped.

Voice of Pakistan and kashmiri is seem i.e seeks complete withdrawal of Indian military and to respect the Kashmiri desire for a referendum under a UN mandate.

AJK people can get easy money through this :D

I hope they do- Would be win win situation-

What a cheap stunt ... Offering 'terror victim' compensation to people from a region that has little to no terrorism.

He likely means compensation for victims of Indian military shelling and firing from Indian Occupied Kashmir.

I think this is only a humble start- As soon as things cool down in Kashmir- GoI should take J&K Assembly into confidence and makes sure, welfare schemes,and other schemes like right to education, free treatment at AIIMS, reserved seats at IITs and IIMs must reach out to our people under illegal occupation-

India has already helped many minority Hindus who have been migrating from Pakistan, the support should be extended to our people in the occupied areas- If Baluch and Mohajir people want they also seek refuge If Human rights situation starts deteriorating in their areas-

Pakistan should not see this as a threat, India is only caring for Its own people and greater Humanity-

Good decision. Why was this not implemented already ?

Probably a tit for tat, because Pakistan offered free treatment for protesters.

Also, why would Pakistanis be stumped? It's a PR move to divert attention from IoK protests; if anything, Pakistanis are surprised India didn't pull this stunt sooner.

Actually no. Its not a mere horseplay. I am not able to put my finger on it, but this is pretty serious stuff, a major political shift, supported unanimously by principal parties in India.
US agreeing to Turkish intervention, Russia giving the customary feeble protest aka tacit approval, building up on ukrainian front, belligerent India ..... major trade offs somewhere.

That statement in morning which we briefly visited, not a mistake I think.

The end game is elusive. @Oscar will again dismiss my musings .. But things have to make sense, I dont find any yet

Its modi,s answer to Benazir income support scam :-D

I just felt super poor right now :-(
@Jonah Arthur @EAK

You can apply ;)

Heck, apply for a PIO passport. Make it into a public and citizen movement .....

Imagine all applying for a PIO passport, politicians on both sides will run to get things sorted out :rofl::rofl:

@Arsalan this idea tickled me

@WAJsal apply for a PIO passport at Indian consulate since India claims GB too. Give me the application number then ....:enjoy:

@Joe Shearer sir remy still affecting you? How is this brain fart of an idea?

@jbgt90 voila a solution ... For Kashmir

:rofl: we offered free treatment to innocents in I0k and they did this :lol: pr ap logon ki eid ho gyi :D
Oi you eligible for PIO passport? If you reside in GB, go demand one at Indian consulate:dance3:

Time to troll our politicians

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom