What's new

Goodbye and thank you, all of you, very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Shearer

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
India
It has been a privilege to have been a member on Pakistan Defence Forum, and I have been honoured by the support given to me by all members. Including those whose views I oppose at a visceral level, and who vindicated me and upheld my judgement of their worth through insult, libel and plain lies. The religious aspects of this forum are getting more and more pronounced, each passing day, at least to my increasingly intolerant self. There comes the time when one wonders if one is contributing any longer, and if it is time to step away. That moment came a few seconds ago, on reading a narcissistic post about the nature of piety in a particular religion, and the impossibility of one of that religion's early leaders having exhibited human feeling, or weakness.

It was sickening. I can't stand these any more.

If I can't contribute in an enlightened environment, I would rather not contribute. Earlier, I was shocked and appalled by the eccentric behaviour of some Hindus, who are still members of the forum. Now, in this latest wave, it is increasingly younger Pakistanis - and a member from the UAE of extremely suspect provenance - who spout their own brand of religious superstition.

There is no point in making isolated statements as an isolated individual. I don't fit in, and that's that.

So here's wishing you all - even those whose intemperance made me cringe - Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. And Eid.

With warm regards,

It has been a privilege to have been a member on Pakistan Defence Forum, and I have been honoured by the support given to me by all members. Including those whose views I oppose at a visceral level, and who vindicated me and upheld my judgement of their worth through insult, libel and plain lies. The religious aspects of this forum are getting more and more pronounced, each passing day, at least to my increasingly intolerant self. There comes the time when one wonders if one is contributing any longer, and if it is time to step away. That moment came a few seconds ago, on reading a narcissistic post about the nature of piety in a particular religion, and the impossibility of one of that religion's early leaders having exhibited human feeling, or weakness.

If I can't contribute in an enlightened environment, I would rather not contribute. Earlier, I was shocked and appalled by the eccentric behaviour of some Hindus, who are still members of the forum. Now, in this latest wave, it is increasingly younger Pakistanis - and a member from the UAE of extremely suspect provenance - who spout their own brand of religious superstition.

There is no point in making isolated statements as an isolated individual. I don't fit in, and that's that.

So here's wishing you all - even those whose intemperance made me cringe - Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. And Eid.

With warm regards,

Sorry to see you go Sir, but you raise some important points that the management could consider if they themselves were not part of the deterioration.

yup..not good for the forum to loose professionals..the quality of the debates get beating....

With warm regards,
Very sorry to hear you are leaving us sir, it has been nothing but a pleasure to have had you on PDF where you have been a true asset and I thank you for the discussions we have shared, you have been nothing but courteous and a gentleman to myself.

I wish you well with everything in the future, take care sir.

Would ask you to stick around, but am guilty of losing any interest in the fish market atmosphere myself. Which ironically mirrors what happens in the subcontinent. The user blame the governance, the governance blames non-cooperative user efforts and life on the online forum is no different than living in any of these countries.
You have sanctimonious long time posters playing the usual role of 2 cent analysts regarding the government with nothing more than critique to offer, and you have members posting away like mad who should not be allowed more than 2 posts per day.

You may PM me so we may connect on a different platform if you wish. Certainly would be fun to muse otherwise beyond the fish market. Other than that, I bid you adieu.

With warm regards,
Farewell

We are all diminished by the loss of enlightened debate and informed members.

salute-1400x254.jpg

With warm regards,
Don't be leave, to take on those idiots, troll them, remember I am here :)

There have been times when I have deleted half page worth of replies and moved on along. Moving along works well with 80% of the posters here. But there is something magical when you frustrated poster transforms his opinions when he gets to speak to other people day in and day out. Its a gradual process and is not something some others would enjoy or care for if they need that invisible hand on the shoulder telling them that humanity is not dead. I wish you the best in all that you do.

With warm regards,

Bye Joe! I hope you will be back some day!

Can anyone point me to this thread where this all happened btw?

With warm regards,

You are one of most respected member here. We will miss you on PDF.

With warm regards,

Punah Milamah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom