What's new

Good News:JF17/FC -1 is sure to sell to a second country

Don't forget me guys, i said Egypt a confirmed buyer few months ago :P Azerbaijan also on the list soon.

If it is true, i think it is great for both Egypt, and Pakistan... if only all the Muslim Countries, especially the rich Gulf contries would actually support this project, i think it would be great for all the Muslim nations, and for themselves.... They are not thinking strategically IMHO!!

If it is true, i think it is great for both Egypt, and Pakistan... if only all the Muslim Countries, especially the rich Gulf contries would actually support this project, i think it would be great for all the Muslim nations, and for themselves.... They are not thinking strategically IMHO!!

الصلام عليكم حياك الله اخى بالمنتدى

The rich gulf states can get any technology, but it is we ( egypt, pakistan etc ) who cant efford or they wont allow us that technology so it is our need to come together and develope something and may be we r short of cash but not short of smartness joint ventures can cover the cash part too.

TARIQ

الصلام عليكم حياك الله اخى بالمنتدى

The rich gulf states can get any technology, but it is we ( egypt, pakistan etc ) who cant efford or they wont allow us that technology so it is our need to come together and develope something and may be we r short of cash but not short of smartness joint ventures can cover the cash part too.

TARIQ

wa alaykom al salam wa rahmatoh allah wa barkatoh brother

I agree with every word you said... My father is a retired Major General in the Egyptian Air Force, and he used to tell me that anything that you can make on your own, is better that something that you buy from outside, even if its not as good as what you can gert from an outsider, it will evolve by time, right ? I actually told my father about Egypt interest in the JF17, and he said if true, it would be a HUGE step forward..... Now, you said that the gulf state have the money to buy what they want, i can't disagree with you, but where is that going to take them ? the oil they have now will be gone one day, it is just so stupid that they are not thinking for the future, all that resources they have now will be gone sooner than later.

good question
i was also thinking the same
i have heard that pakistan is establishing workshopd to manufacture them
but still the question reamins..!!!!

They are already being manufactured in Pakistan. Do a little research

I hope half and half, so both countries would benefit.. Then for future planes, i hope Egypt could Co-produce them.

About time for developing countries to end their dependence upon imported fighters that could be easily sanctioned.

This is not the only defence product we produce.
Other notable product is Al-Khalid MBT.
If Arabs wished they could bought it long ago but with JFT the case is more of a availability.
Other a/c cost around 60+$million each, and after adding training and weapons it may go upto 80+$million.
While JFT match and in some cases surpass those 80$million a/c.
R&D cost and we shared this cost with China and if rich Arabs leaders sponsor any R&D we can build every thing local.
Our atomic program is on such example... Saudi Arabia sponsored the R&D and we came up with results.
Imagine if we all make common army based on NATO our defence expenses could be lowered and we might be a leading defence industry.

This is not the only defence product we produce.
Other notable product is Al-Khalid MBT.
If Arabs wished they could bought it long ago but with JFT the case is more of a availability.
Other a/c cost around 60+$million each, and after adding training and weapons it may go upto 80+$million.
While JFT match and in some cases surpass those 80$million a/c.
R&D cost and we shared this cost with China and if rich Arabs leaders sponsor any R&D we can build every thing local.
Our atomic program is on such example... Saudi Arabia sponsored the R&D and we came up with results.
Imagine if we all make common army based on NATO our defence expenses could be lowered and we might be a leading defence industry.

If only... I am so proud of you guys actually, and Turkey also, you guys are moving forward very fast, and i love it. I hope other Muslims countries would follow you guys, but i really doubt it at the moment. I am optemistic about Egypt thu, hope they don't dissapoint me.

I hope half and half, so both countries would benefit.. Then for future planes, i hope Egypt could Co-produce them.

The sale is 99% confirmed and the planes will be manufactured in Egypt, its complete Transfer of Technology. Our factories are busy in fulfilling our orders, thus they don't have the time to fulfil Egypt's order and that is why production will be transferred to Egypt. They will be custom tailored to meet the requirements of the Egyptian Air Force. In my opinion this sale really boosts Egypt's Air Power because it allows you guys to have stand off weapons such as BVR Missiles and Long Range Glide Bombs. The Israelis successfully blocked the sale of AMRAAMs to Egypt, with Pakistan this should not be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom