What's new

Good News for Overseas Pakistanis

Omar1984

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Govt to ensure Pakistani Diaspora representation in NA, Senate

ISLAMABAD, Feb 11 (APP): Speakers at an International Seminar have called for measures for ensuring recognition to the contribution made by the Pakistani Diaspora for improving the image of the country across the globe.

The seminar, held under the aegis of Pakistan International Council (PIC) in Dubai by Pakistan’s Ambassador at Large, Javed Malik, was also addressed by Governor Sindh, Dr. Ishrat‑ul‑Ibad Khan, Deputy Speaker of National Assembly, Faisal Karim Kundi, and

Federal Minister for Overseas Pakistanis Dr. Farooq Sattar, besides other Federal Ministers and Nazim of Karachi, Mustafa Kamal.

Distinguished Middle East‑based Pakistanis, in addition to the overseas based Pakistanis, and a large number of Arab personalities also took part which included members of the Royal family and leading businessmen.

Welcoming the guests, Pakistan’s Ambassador at Large, Javed Malik, appreciated the role being played by overseas Pakistanis for the image building of the country and said that the government was working on a series of initiatives to recognize their contributions not only to support Pakistan but also in highlighting the positive image of the country.

He also paid rich tributes to Friends of Pakistan, and said, “the government, in addition to the overseas Pakistanis, will also recognize and appreciate the support of Friends of Pakistan. These are people who may not be Pakistanis by nationality but have a great interest with Pakistan and we appreciate the support of our friends”.

Javed Malik said the government would demonstrate this appreciation through Prime Minister’s Global Pakistani Awards which have been launched on directives of the Prime Minister of Pakistan to honour, recognize and appreciate the role of overseas Pakistanis and Friends of Pakistan annually”.

“Moreover, the government is also considering legislation that would give representation to overseas Pakistanis in Parliament, both in the National Assembly and the Senate,” he added.

Speaking on the occasion, Governor Sindh Dr. Ishrat‑ul‑Ibad Khan appreciated the efforts of Pakistan’s Ambassador at Large, Javed Malik and assured him of full support of the government.

“The overseas based Pakistanis are an asset for Pakistan and the government will do all that it can to ensure that they are supported in every way,” he added.

Dr. Farooq Sattar, the newly‑appointed Federal Minister for Overseas Pakistanis, appreciated the idea of formation of Pakistan International Council which, he said, would play a key role in uniting the overseas Pakistani community.

He said that overseas Pakistanis would be given the status of VIPs on their return to Pakistan. He said he is already working on ensuring that they are also given the right to vote in the Parliament.

“We agreed to prepare a piece of legislation which would create a few seats for overseas Pakistanis to our national assembly, to our senate and to our provincial legislature,” said Dr. Sattar.

“This exists in some modern countries of the world like China, Germany and Italy, where overseas citizens have representation back home in their own parliaments.”

Deputy Speaker, National Assembly, Faisal Karim Kundi and others also addressed the gathering.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Govt to ensure Pakistani Diaspora representation in NA, Senate

Overseas Pakistanis Love Pakistan and they try to do whatever they can do in order o help Pakistan but Govt of Pakistan Dis hearts them by her acts.

Overseas Pakistanis are Great Asset for Pakistan and GoP must Utilize them Properly and GoP must give them more benefits and security so that they can Invest in Pakistan More.

They must have a Right to Vote as they are Pakistanis as well but they are living outside Pakistan.

He said that overseas Pakistanis would be given the status of VIPs on their return to Pakistan

VIP :woot: I will just Love :smitten: to see that :yahoo: Just Kidding Mann :cheers:

Allright, hold it guys, not everyone at the same time, I can only sign my autograph one by one.. ;)

Ok on a serious note, this is great news and also shows the love outside that there is for Pakistan.

Allright, hold it guys, not everyone at the same time, I can only sign my autograph one by one.. ;)

Ok on a serious note, this is great news and also shows the love outside that there is for Pakistan.

Wherever we are in the world, we will always remain Pakistani and we must help our motherland Pakistan :pakistan:

Wherever we are in the world, we will always remain Pakistani and we must help our motherland Pakistan :pakistan:

True very true, I couldn't agree more with you, I love my country and my people even more then I love myself.
I have sent quite an amount of money towards my family in Pakistan, and will continue to do so whenever I can and get the opportunity.
Every little bit helps, it's my commitment, and it won't only be limited to this, in the future, I will hopefully do business or be succesful in a way where I can Inshallah fund projects or raise companies from nowhere in Pakistan, Inshallah.

Back
Top Bottom