Going ‘miskeen’ in Saudi Arabia

Discussion in 'Social Issues & Current Events' started by ice_man, Jun 6, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Imran Khan

Imran Khan PDF VETERAN

Ratings:
    +3 / 36,293 / -21
    Pakistan
    pakistaniyon se baat kerty hoy mujhy koi fark nhi parta miskeen kaho ya ghreeb ya jo dil kery .sach yehi hai .
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Luftwaffe

Luftwaffe PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST

Ratings:
    +8 / 7,968 / -0
    Pakistan
    Beta shadi kar ley montreal aja aur 7-8 bachey appna target rakh kush rhey ga sari ummar, welfare bhey lagale bewi samayth aur chori chori part time cash pay kam bhi kar bas sahi arabiyooan ki rah ikhteyar kar leyga bakhsh jaye ga.:woot:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Armstrong

Armstrong ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +56 / 37,926 / -2
    Pakistan
    Yaar I won't condone bad behavior either way and I feel for any Pakistani laborer who is mistreated anywhere in the world ! But with respect to the bolded part : it does work both ways do I need to remind you how much in 'remittances' we receive from those ex-pats....imagine if they were all fired or replaced with some other country's citizens...I'm sure the Indians wouldn't mind sending more in' !
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Cheetah786

Cheetah786 PDF VETERAN

Ratings:
    +1 / 5,863 / -3
    Pakistan
    As soon as we can figure out who will help us In Pakistan with all these issues like getting a passport or renewing a license i promise you guys are next on the list to be helped till then i suggest just like the rest of us Look towards God for help and Not Pakistani diplomats:angel:.

But brother i hear if you use fair and lovely plus stay out of sun you just might becomes a rafiq and no longer need a Pakistani passport.:rofl:
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. Armstrong

Armstrong ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +56 / 37,926 / -2
    Pakistan
    Imran Bhai... 'Al-Baik' se kuch lei kar Embassy mein ghusss jaanaa ! Pakistaniyon kee wafaadari 'tidd' mein hooteei hai ! :rofl:
  6. Imran Khan

Imran Khan PDF VETERAN

Ratings:
    +3 / 36,293 / -21
    Pakistan
    na hum wapas gher jay gay jahaan dhoop chaoon sardi garmi hai jahaan dupher ko thandi chaoon main or raat ko taroon ke neechy guzarty thy. nhi chayeee pesa job bakwaas office gariyaan or ye bary city . hamara apna gaoon in se hazar guna theek hai .jahaan insaan sirf insaan hai bus.jahaan mery buzergoon ki qabreen hai or woheen meri qaber ho gi .

wo din bhi kya ajeeb thy
    jab hum or tum ghareeb thy
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Armstrong

Armstrong ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +56 / 37,926 / -2
    Pakistan
    Oh bhai...where is your village in Pakistan after all ?
  8. Imran Khan

Imran Khan PDF VETERAN

Ratings:
    +3 / 36,293 / -21
    Pakistan
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Abu Zolfiqar

Abu Zolfiqar First Line of Offence

Ratings:
    +8 / 19,130 / -1
    Pakistan
    well educated and well-to-do Pakistanis have it easy in the gulf and are often looked up to. A neighbour of ours was a business contractor and he was working directly with some sheikhs; there are many stories of rich Pakistanis making a good name for themselves and of course making good money in those countries

but majority of the Pakistanis in these countries are just labourers working hard to make a buck and send back home. They live in compounds, packed like sardines.

UAE has been starting to take the whole "labor rights" thing seriously.....on extremely hot summer days, they are told not to work. Pay and conditions slightly increased.

still you hear about workers committing suicide sometimes (which is never a solution, it's a cowards way out). But then sometimes you'll hear about workers who made enough money, went home to their beloved country and then set up small business.

i hail from FATA, many of the people have relatives who are working in Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia.......in the past, some of the homes had no air conditioner just one panka and one tiny television. Worker sent home money and now some of the homes have AC, nice television, and other such things.

our economy is not in the greatest shape nowdays, Pakistan's macroeconomic stability partly relies on these expatriate (remittances) earnings being sent back to Pakistan. I believe remittances nowdays are highest they have ever been.

so once again --- these "miskeen" may be mistreated and living in a shyt condition. But they are doing a very honourable thing for themselves and especially their families. Hopefully Pakistan side will have more respect for its own people and stand up for their rights in these foreign countries.

NGOs, unions and activist groups should be allowed to represent them and ensure that their human rights are not trampled on

otherwise as Imran bhai suggested, they have option to leave and come home
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Cheetah786

Cheetah786 PDF VETERAN

Ratings:
    +1 / 5,863 / -3
    Pakistan
    Yes i agree with you 100% i find this habit Disgusting and have spoken against it plenty of time in Pakistan.Mostly uneducated idiots who thinks that Con artist will be able to help instead of asking the one and only The Almighty Himself.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. cyphercide

cyphercide SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 1,720 / -3
    India
    That really doesn't state as an excuse to skimp on an immigrant's rights.In fact,I would accuse you of condoning such behavior for cheap monetary gains.

And Indians as sloppy seconds? C'mon dawg !!!
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Imran Khan

Imran Khan PDF VETERAN

Ratings:
    +3 / 36,293 / -21
    Pakistan
    situation is hard sir jee people now paying 5 lakh to come here for earn some money and help families .internet rich guys don't know abut situation as they don't know whats earning with sweat and blood. i know many contractors pakistanis have 30-40 -50 labour they drop them with food on site and guys work whole hot day under sun shine for earn 100-110 riyals and still smile when come back . i was even with them before 3 days everyone hase damaged hands .100% of them poor villagers and they can work hard under any situation they have 0 education they know 0 abut rights and they know nothing then their own language not even urdu . we should not start bla bla blindly in pakistan these guys are useless totally useless i am happy they earning here at least 3000 riyals per month and sending back 60-70k .please try to understand them too .
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Armstrong

Armstrong ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +56 / 37,926 / -2
    Pakistan
    Oye it wasn't supposed to be 'Paissee mil rahei hai...isss lei chup kar ke bardassht kar' but rather 'its mutual dependency' in the context of where AZ mentioned it !
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. cyphercide

cyphercide SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 1,720 / -3
    India
    Tuh mujhe nahi samajh raha hai...how can a person's rights be equated to any monetary dependance or transaction? Given on your parallel,even prostitution or child labor would be legal.Yes, our governments have failed in securing many rights to immigrants but that doesn't necessarily deem the treatment doled out to them as morally or legally correct.
  15. Abu Zolfiqar

Abu Zolfiqar First Line of Offence

Ratings:
    +8 / 19,130 / -1
    Pakistan
    so what does all this tell you?

our state services are sub-par (at best)......and we are failing to invest in our own people

not failing -- we HAVE failed
    • Thanks Thanks x 1