What's new

Global Muslim population will exceed 3 billion out of 10 billion by 2100 AD

kalu_miah

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Eco-Economy Indicators - Population- World Population Hitting 7 Billion| EPI

indicator1_2011_popgraph.PNG

The Future of the Global Muslim Population | Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project

MDII-graphics-webready-01.png

1990 -19.9%
2000 - 21.6% (+1.7%)
2010 - 23.4% (+1.8%)
2020 - 24.9% (+1.5%)
2030 - 26.4% (+1.5%)
My own projection:
2040 - 27.8% (+1.4%)
2050 - 29.1% (+1.3%)
2060 - 30.3% (+1.2%)
2070 - 31.3% (+1.0%)
2080 - 32.0% (+0.7%)
2090 - 32.4% (+0.4%)
2100 - 32.5% (+0.1%)

So by 2100 the global Muslim population will be between 3 - 3.2 billion, out of a total global population of around 10 billion.

Demographic coup of Islam: Agony of Hindu Civilisation
"According to some demographic estimates, Muslims might constitute 37% to 40% of world population by 2100 AD."

Muslim Population Projections - country rankings - Flags, Maps, Economy, Geography, Climate, Natural Resources, Current Issues, International Agreements,
Population, Social Statistics, Political System

"World Muslim Population Projections
Data source: United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA).

• muslim_population_projection.gif

I drew the above graph from the following figures (millions).

Population 1950 2000 2015 2025 2050
    ---------- ------ ------ ----- ------ ------
    World 2,520 6,057 7,207 7,937 9,322

Muslim 361 1,209 1,625 1,921 2,588

These total figures are based on those from the table at:Total Population by Country, 1950, 2000, 2015, 2025, 2050 (Medium-Fertility Variant)
    For each year I simply added the total population figures of the countries with a majority Muslim population. Although this is not a scientifically accurate way to count Muslims, it gives a reasonable estimate. Countries where Muslims are a minority were excluded, even India, which has about 100 million Muslims. On the other hand, the total population of large countries where Muslims constitute even barely more than half the population, such as Nigeria, were included.

The following graph shows my estimate of Muslims as a percent of the total world population, based on the above figures.
    muslim_population_projection_percent.gif

"

One problem is as nations across the world become more developed the percentage of truly religious people declines. When economic situations are not great people find extreme comfort through their religion. When things get better it starts taking a hit.

One problem is as nations across the world become more developed the percentage of truly religious people declines. When economic situations are not great people find extreme comfort through their religion. When things get better it starts taking a hit.
I agree

I was gonna say the exactly same thing.
In 2100.............religion will be in real danger.

Religion in general:bunny:

Please define 'development'.

Well do you think the percentage of truly devout Muslims in Pakistan is higher today than say 30 years ago?
I can answer that for you - a resounding Yes.

But the reason is that Pakistani population has been steadily radicalized since the mid 70's using education, state sponsored propaganda, middle eastern clerics and much more. Pakistanis of the older generations were very different from the Pakistanis of today.

Agreed Atheism will wipe out Religion by 2100 :yahoo:

There is huge flaw in your logic. Religiosity is part of the reason for underdevelopment as people do not much care about material things and their material well being. So religiosity is fast disappearing in the prosperous and developed part of the world precisely because of above, while religiosity is alive and kicking and is on a really really slow path of decline in the "3rd world" underdeveloped part of the world, and specially so for the Muslim countries. Please read current statistics of irreligious people here:
Irreligion by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1280px-Irreligion_map.png

Religion will be alive and sufficiently strong among Muslim population of the world well into the 22nd century and those that become nonreligious will still identify themselves and align themselves with the huge bloc of Muslim population of the world (33 - 40%) because of one simple principle - there is strength in numbers. This will have tremendous geopolitical consequences for the entire world and all those countries and powers that are abusing Muslims today, must take note that table may turn yet one more time for Muslims of the world. We are here, we are an increasing part of global population and we have long memory.

There is huge flaw in your logic. Religiosity is part of the reason for underdevelopment as people do not much care about material things and their material well being. So religiosity is fast disappearing in the prosperous and developed part of the world precisely because of above, while religiosity is alive and kicking and is on a really really slow path of decline in the "3rd world" underdeveloped part of the world, and specially so for the Muslim countries. Please read current statistics of irreligious people here:
Irreligion by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1280px-Irreligion_map.png

Religion will be alive and sufficiently strong among Muslim population of the world well into the 22nd century and those that become nonreligious will still identify themselves and align themselves with the huge bloc of Muslim population of the world (33 - 40%) because of one simple principle - there is strength in numbers. This will have tremendous geopolitical consequences for the entire world and all those countries and powers that are abusing Muslims today, must take note that table may turn yet one more time for Muslims of the world. We are here, we are an increasing part of global population and we have long memory.

That is good for you guys.

Agreed Atheism will wipe out Religion by 2100 :yahoo:
Atheists are the voice of logic and science. That will never be wiped out. Religions (whether Christianity or Islam) will most likely be wiped out as science can practically explain everything. More people will wake up and get with the 22nd century.

I am always pondering a scenario whereby if all Singaporean Chinese convert to Islam? The consequence will not be palatable to what radical Islamist like.

I have known highly educated Chinese in Malaysia who converted to Muslims in order to get marry to a Muslim partner. The result is the family are having an atmosphere of "crypto Muslims" and cynics against Jihad, apostasy...etc.

When such people reach a critical mass, the Taliban type of cleric will go unemployed and Islam will be yet another "Christianity". When much people, especially if very intelligent one convert to Islam, Islam will be entirely different. I am not afraid of Islam.

I have put it so many times in PDF, I love Islam.

Atheists are the voice of logic and science. That will never be wiped out. Religions (whether Christianity or Islam) will most likely be wiped out as science can practically explain everything. More people will wake up and get with the 22nd century.

I just hope when that Glorious day arrives i am still on this planet.

Back
Top Bottom