What's new

Gilgit-Baltistan

May be from Ladakh or Kargil but I don't think someone from Delhi or Mumbai can get access to GB easily.
No one really checks; they can come via Lahore and then go to GB.

does this also come under UN stated disputed places according to Pakistan

or just the ajad kashmir region of Pakistan

apart from Indian region ???

can anyone help ??
No this is a completely separate region with different ethnicity, languages, cultures, traditions and histories. Modern-day region of Gilgit Baltistan was invaded by the Sikh Empire and later forcefully annexed by the Dogra Dynasty. A brutal genocide against the locals ensued. One rupee was given to anyone who brought the head of a Muslim man to the Maharaja. One of the worst massacres also occurred in which 2000 Yasin Villagers were killed and or burnt alive.

They always resented Dogra rule and in beginning in around 1940's they began to launch revolts again and a long insurgency ensued. In 1946-1947 Baltic soldiers serving under the Dogra and British rule mutinied, recaptured their region (aided by Pashtun tribes) , declared independence and opted to join Pakistan.

No one really checks; they can come via Lahore and then go to GB.

No this is a completely separate region with different ethnicity, languages, cultures, traditions and histories. Modern-day region of Gilgit Baltistan was invaded by the Sikh Empire and later forcefully annexed by the Dogra Dynasty. A brutal genocide against the locals ensued. One rupee was given to anyone who brought the head of a Muslim man to the Maharaja. One of the worst massacres also occurred in which 2000 Yasin Villagers were killed and or burnt alive.

They always resented Dogra rule and in beginning in around 1940's they began to launch revolts again and a long insurgency ensued. In 1946-1947 Baltic soldiers serving under the Dogra and British rule mutinied, recaptured their region (aided by Pashtun tribes) , declared independence and opted to join Pakistan.

doesnt sound very convincing

havent read this type of story here in India
sorry brother, wud say that it is a story put worth to justify hatred

once u say we dont have guts to fight, and then put such gory stories
which will even put ISIS to shame
of 1 rupee for a head
and I can tell, I have read a bit of history

moreover I think it also comes under that UN chapter

doesnt sound very convincing

havent read this type of story here in India
sorry brother, wud say that it is a story put worth to justify hatred

once u say we dont have guts to fight, and then put such gory stories
which will even put ISIS to shame
of 1 rupee for a head
and I can tell, I have read a bit of history

moreover I think it also comes under that UN chapter
Historians and everyone acknowledge this happened... Even India does; but they just don't talk about it. This was book was written by a Sikh historian; you should read it.

https://books.google.com/books?id=EqZFsNIuVWEC&pg=PA16#v=onepage&q&f=false

Historians and everyone acknowledge this happened... Even India does; but they just don't talk about it. This was book was written by a Sikh historian; you should read it.

https://books.google.com/books?id=EqZFsNIuVWEC&pg=PA16#v=onepage&q&f=false

friend I have read bachelor level books in history here
I know wat is taught here

its ok to believe in what ur country says
but just dont follow it blindly
there u get the things wrong

read some Bipin Chandra history books from India
they are available in internet

friend I have read bachelor level books in history here
I know wat is taught here

its ok to believe in what ur country says
but just dont follow it blindly
there u get the things wrong

read some Bipin Chandra history books from India
they are available in internet
I haven't really studied in Pakistan; so I don't know what they teach there. I've seen several text-books and they seem pretty balanced and decent.

Not really. You get checked several times on KKH when you enter GB.

Exactly. You relatives are from IOK and not India. .
yes they are from
turtuk captured by india in 1971
turtuk in nubra valley ladakh

Phandar Valley, GB

11209440_1445478928830920_2263184516941866172_n.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom