What's new

Ghairat is not Honor!

When I said I believe in Natural selection, this puts all genetics in 1 bowl!

Changes do occur in our genome, mistakes may happen, mutation and all that...Some changes may be heriditary while others may not...Mutaltions which are inherited also rely on natural selection...I also believe that there is enough information in our DNA for this! I mean if something doesn't work, some genes are turned on while others off to allow to adapt to a stimuli usually environment...

For example, when bacteria are exposed to antibiotics, some genes are turned on and off -those which resist the antibiotics are turned on and hence, those bacteria which HAVE the resistant gene may survive while all others will die. THAT is natural selection...

But saying that that bacteria EVOLVED into a mammal sometime later on due to these selection- for me- is VERY unlikely!

So, I guess I agree with this Shiekh Tusi! In fact (from the little I managed to read) I thought of all what he did with the current knowledge and research material I have...But he did it when no one knew all this stuff! IMPRESSIVE!

All I am saying is that the tendency to relate every bit of scientific revelation or theory and innovation may not be related in the manner with God's sayings. If at a later stage the scientific revelation or theory is proven wrong there is a likelihood that some may start doubting the God's words. As such this may be avoided.

However, working towards relating science to God's revelations may always be endeavoured.

After all, we are the God's naibs and we can go to lengths of development, which may be limitless.

Yes, I am very aware of that ayat! In fact, Instead of evolving from Apes to human...those FEW fossils they have of "the missing link" probably are the fossils of that nation! Hehehhe...I know I am probably diverting from modern science!

Because 1stly, there still seems to be a missing link in the evolution process! It is not complete...I am guessing scientist saw that nation's fossils and have ever since gone crazy about evolution...Because they can not comprehend, GOD' punishment of reverse evolution!

Very well said. I couldn't have done better. :)

All I am saying is that the tendency to relate every bit of scientific revelation or theory and innovation may not be related in the manner with God's sayings. If at a later stage the scientific revelation or theory is proven wrong there is a likelihood that some may start doubting the God's words. As such this may be avoided.

However, working towards relating science to God's revelations may always be endeavoured.

After all, we are the God's naibs and we can go to lengths of development, which may be limitless.

Actually, YOU see, only establised facts have matched the Quran, water cycle, geosystems, mountians, oceans, embryology and so on...so far, there has not been something that has been scientifically proven and going against Islam! NOT 1!

Well, theories are different, that is the reason they are called theories! But if it can be experiementally proven, it usually doesn't go against Islam and QURAN!

So, there is no question of Quran being doubted!

Quran and Science has always been my side time itnerest...As far as I know none have contradicted the other! This alone impresses me and assures me I am on the right deen!

Actually, YOU see, only establised facts have matched the Quran, water cycle, geosystems, mountians, oceans, embryology and so on...so far, there has not been something that has been scientifically proven and going against Islam! NOT 1!

Well, theories are different, that is the reason they are called theories! But if it can be experiementally proven, it usually doesn't go against Islam and QURAN!

So, there is no question of Quran being doubted!

Quran and Science has always been my side time itnerest...As far as I know none have contradicted the other! This alone impresses me and assures me I am on the right deen!

Agreed. Most of us are not scientists and may not have the maturity which people like you have - and it doesn't come easy.

I have seen doubts arising from these aspects even amongst the highly educated lot because of non-understanding of facts. We don't have a Church of Scientology, if this is what their belief and endeavour is, and our Mulla and the man in the street is no scientist. Therefore, appropriate care needs to be taken while such pronouncements are made public.

And this may not be made a norm.

Quran doesn't mention anything clear except that man was made perfect in his form! This is why I do not believe that we evolved from apes...I would welcome other theories like some population of humans were turned into apes as a punishment? Hence, the discovery of those fossils of ape-like humans?

Actually what you call apes is a simplified comparison in pop culture :P Didn't expect a PhD to say that!
Also, maybe man being made perfect refers to like when each person is born? And pre homosapien, it's obvious the 'apes' didn't count as 'man' - so the perfection part is still valid. Hazrat Adam AS was perfect no doubt.

Actually what you call apes is a simplified comparison in pop culture :P Didn't expect a PhD to say that!
Also, maybe man being made perfect refers to like when each person is born? And pre homosapien, it's obvious the 'apes' didn't count as 'man' - so the perfection part is still valid. Hazrat Adam AS was perfect no doubt.

Well, apes is the simplified way to tell layman!

Yes, I am aware of this other theory which many people have been telling me that there was evolution and apes evolved and then became homosapien and ALLAH made them perfect and put Adam's roh in them and so on...

I won't say it is wrong...But I will say bring me proof...I believe up to what the Quran tells me to...I will not be any less of a scientist if I refuse to believe this!

I am not doing a PhD on Evolutionary biology! No matter how SOME scientists make you think evolution is the basis of biology...MOST of us ignore the field totally!

Well, apes is the simplified way to tell layman!

Yes, I am aware of this other theory which many people have been telling me that there was evolution and apes evolved and then became homosapien and ALLAH made them perfect and put Adam's roh in them and so on...

I won't say it is wrong...But I will say bring me proof...I believe up to what the Quran tells me to...I will not be any less of a scientist if I refuse to believe this!

I am not doing a PhD on Evolutionary biology! No matter how SOME scientists make you think evolution is the basis of biology...MOST of us ignore the field totally!

Well that isnt exactly what I put forward, maybe there was a gap between animal homoerectus and neanderthal.
Also, even though I havve nothing to do with biology, I'd be embarrassed to say that those fossils were planted by atheists and satan

Well that isnt exactly what I put forward, maybe there was a gap between animal homoerectus and neanderthal.
Also, even though I havve nothing to do with biology, I'd be embarrassed to say that those fossils were planted by atheists and satan

No one is going to that...

Sir evolution is still to this date a theory not a fact their is not proof of these things only proof which they try to give is not fossils but some writings on the cave and no body no how accurate they are

Back
Top Bottom