What's new

Ghairat is not Honor!

Aunty ho gii tum....I love older more mature women who have weathered the storms of life ! :smitten:

Bhai, at 40 something, most women have kids already in their teens and pretty self sufficient. They start grooming and spending quality time (and money) on themselves once more.

Plus they are nowhere close to being as "weathered" as you make them out to be.

The benefit of good nutrition, modern medicine, and advances in cosmetic and related technologies.

They are smarter, way more confident, have less inhibitions, are more open to new ideas, and have less hangups in life. Not to mention the knowledge of what they can do to men, without the insecurities of performance pressure of their youth.

Its a heady combination. :)

Simple! I believe in facts, proven through experiments....or by senses and logic! Darwinism is still a theory which at points contradicts itself! I USED to ask soo many questions about it in BSc....My lecturer was nice enough to smile and laugh with me! Finally he said, just learn it for the exams! Many scientists also do not get it because there are sooooo many exceptions that hence, it remaining as a theory!

So, me is Muslim first then a scientist! 1 of the 1st things I did was read the quran in English and understand AS much AS I could and hold on to the basics! That way no one can feed me fake hadith...

Then I see some of the stuff proven in TODAYS science falls hand in hand with Quran...I am a sincere reader of Quran and Science! It is interesting to note that whatever is written in the Quran is proven by science, whatever is not proven is also not disprove...and whatever is not written in quran...usually ends up as a theory or doesn't interferes with the quranic says and believes!

So, I am Muslim and a scientist!

I might be wrong, but quran never openly denies evolution, i mean maybe not in humans, but evolution in animals has been proven. Particularly purpose bred dogs, not sure if that's you rspeciality.
And i'm not sure if this has to do with evolution, but people in certain areas adapt overtime and have major physical changes (pegmentation, facial features' ratio etc)

I might be wrong, but quran never openly denies evolution, i mean maybe not in humans, but evolution in animals has been proven. Particularly purpose bred dogs, not sure if that's you rspeciality.
And i'm not sure if this has to do with evolution, but people in certain areas adapt overtime and have major physical changes (pegmentation, facial features' ratio etc)

Good question...Actually, I am also not sure of the theory of evolution as to where it begins or what it describes!

I am not sure if adaption can be taken into evolution! But yes, adaptions occur in EVERYONE! Even humans! We have a branch called epigenetics which is studying this bit! Mind you it is a new field and many experts admit even they do not understand its limits!

epigenetics is the study of heritable changes in gene expression or cellular phenotype caused by mechanisms other than changes in the underlying DNA sequence – hence the name epi- (Greek: επί- over, above, outer) -genetics. It refers to functionally relevant modifications to the genome that do not involve a change in the nucleotide sequence. Examples of such changes are DNA methylation and histone modification, both of which serve to regulate gene expression without altering the underlying DNA sequence. These changes may remain through cell divisions for the remainder of the cell's life and may also last for multiple generations. However, there is no change in the underlying DNA sequence of the organism; instead, non-genetic factors cause the organism's genes to behave (or "express themselves") differently

Now this does occur, BUT how much of it is heritable is still i nquestion...Like methylation occurs as a normal process...But how much of "methylation of site B" is heritable and how often it can occur and under which conditions...All these are new areas of study! HOWEVER, the whole genome remains the same! So, evolution theory where the GENOME accumulates changes over time and hence the fish turning into a reptile and then into a bird....is kind of questionable!

I am not an expert in epigenetics nor do I understand it well...So, it is a little bit interesting!

The easiest form of evolution is bacteria- it becomes resistance to some medicine and "these changes" are heritable and selected by natural process, meaning those which inherited the resistance gene will live while others die! This is true and easy to precieve in a single cell organism! But what about multi cell organism?

We are still studying multi cellular level! I do believe in this stuff BUT I do not believe in jumps into another species or family level eg. fish to mammal...Such changes if did occur would take time to accumulate AND be passed to the next generation!

Quran doesn't mention anything clear except that man was made perfect in his form! This is why I do not believe that we evolved from apes...I would welcome other theories like some population of humans were turned into apes as a punishment? Hence, the discovery of those fossils of ape-like humans?

Good question...Actually, I am also not sure of the theory of evolution as to where it begins or what it describes!

I am not sure if adaption can be taken into evolution! But yes, adaptions occur in EVERYONE! Even humans! We have a branch called epigenetics which is studying this bit! Mind you it is a new field and many experts admit even they do not understand its limits!

Now this does occur, BUT how much of it is heritable is still i nquestion...Like methylation occurs as a normal process...But how much of "methylation of site B" is heritable and how often it can occur and under which conditions...All these are new areas of study! HOWEVER, the whole genome remains the same! So, evolution theory where the GENOME accumulates changes over time and hence the fish turning into a reptile and then into a bird....is kind of questionable!

I am not an expert in epigenetics nor do I understand it well...So, it is a little bit interesting!

The easiest form of evolution is bacteria- it becomes resistance to some medicine and "these changes" are heritable and selected by natural process, meaning those which inherited the resistance gene will live while others die! This is true and easy to precieve in a single cell organism! But what about multi cell organism?

We are still studying multi cellular level! I do believe in this stuff BUT I do not believe in jumps into another species or family level eg. fish to mammal...Such changes if did occur would take time to accumulate AND be passed to the next generation!

Quran doesn't mention anything clear except that man was made perfect in his form! This is why I do not believe that we evolved from apes...I would welcome other theories like some population of humans were turned into apes as a punishment? Hence, the discovery of those fossils of ape-like humans?

I suggest you look up an Iranian scholar by the name of Nasiruddin Tusi who lived 500 years before Charles Darwin. He had an interesting take on evolution before even Darwin.

Allah has full control over mankind and plants

O mankind! If ye have a doubt about resurrection, (consider) that We created you out of dust, then out of sperm, then out of leech like clut, then out of a morsel of flesh, partly formed and partly unformed, in order that We may manifest (Our power) to you; and We call whom We will to rest in the wombs for an appointed term, then do We bring you out as babies, then (foster you) that ye may reach your age of full strength; and some of you are called to die, and some are sent back to the feeblest old age, so that they know nothing after having known (much). And (further), thou sees the earth barren and lifeless, but when We pour down rain on it, it is stirred (to life) it swells, and it puts forth every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs). This is so because Allah is the reality: it is He Who has power over everything.
(XXII : 5-6) Y

Even the evolution of animals has been verily mentioned.

All living creatures were born of a fluid

And Allah has created every animal from water: of them there are some that creep on their bellies: some that walk on two legs; and some that walk on four. Allah creates what He wills . For verily Allah has power over everything.
(XXIV : 45) Y

Men and animals made in pairs for propagation

----------- He has made for you pairs from among yourselves, and pairs among cattle: by this means does He multiply you: there is nothing whatever like unto Him, and He is the One that beras and sees (all things).
(XLII ; 11) Y

So, evolution theory where the GENOME accumulates changes over time and hence the fish turning into a reptile and then into a bird....is kind of questionable!

hmmmm ..... interesting thought.

However, is this more akin to the Hindu belief of reincarnation.

And is reincarnation part of evolution.

hmmmm ..... interesting thought.

However, is this more akin to the Hindu belief of reincarnation.

And is reincarnation part of evolution.

I blieve in Natural selection in fact rely on it for my research...BUT jumping from 1 class to another is a little much to ask for!

The quran mentions animals made of water...well, every living thing has some % as water so that is not the question, question is did a fish with fins and gills become a reptile with lungs? Did a reptile with scales become a Bird with feather?

I am not sure of the answers...

To my understanding of genetics, an organism can only become something for which its genes have information on.

Genetics does tell us that we have alot of codes some do not make sense...Many which we share with other organisms are codes for development and regulation of our systems like for making skin, fat, making certain enzymes, chemicals and so on...

However if for example we humans do not have the gene for scales or fethers....how can we have been fishes once upon a time and later EVOLVED into mammals? This bit I can not digest!

Yes, our embryo may look like that of other vertebrates and have some form of "gills" when it is in the womb...and that gene is working and so on...and when we come into this world then that gene is disfunctional and all that...But the question is when a fish is pulled out of water, it doesn't grow lungs and its gene for gills does not become disfunctional...

Yes, I may sound crazy and a little confused...But science hasn't been able to answer these questions...We may have SEQUENCED the whole of the human genome but we still do not know what alot of those sequences mean!

I blieve in Natural selection in fact rely on it for my research...BUT jumping from 1 class to another is a little much to ask for!

The quran mentions animals made of water...well, every living thing has some % as water so that is not the question, question is did a fish with fins and gills become a reptile with lungs? Did a reptile with scales become a Bird with feather?

I am not sure of the answers...

The Quran mentions about all animals. And not their transformation from one species to a different species, as far as I know. Whatever I have read so far, the possibility of such a theory seems highly unlikely. I am not a Quranic scholar by any stretch of imagination and the mention of water as the initiation of evolutionary process may have meanings which only scholars may be able to answer.

I for one however, believe that scientific postulates, inventions and the findings etc may not be compared to the word of God. The word of God is divine and permanent for all times, whereas scientific evolution is an ongoing and evolving phenomenon.

If the word of God is compared to a particular scientific finding and it may be negated later, would the word of God be wrong as well - not possible. This is my belief.

The Quran mentions about all animals. And not their transformation from one species to a different species, as far as I know. Whatever I have read so far, the possibility of such a theory seems highly unlikely. I am not a Quranic scholar by any stretch of imagination and the mention of water as the initiation of evolutionary process may have meanings which only scholars may be able to answer.

I for one however, believe that scientific postulates, inventions and the findings etc may not be compared to the word of God. The word of God is divine and permanent for all times, whereas scientific evolution is an ongoing and evolving phenomenon.

If the word of God is compared to a particular scientific finding and it may be negated later, would the word of God be wrong as well - not possible. This is my belief.

Well, IF the Quran is a book of SIGNS...then there should be no problem...I believe Quran and Science go hand in hand...

Science is the study of LIFE while Quran is the guidebook= They should not contradict each other and they are not comparable because both QURAN and Science are from GOD

GOD does not contradict + The creation is perfect = going hand in hand is the only possibility!

When I said I believe in Natural selection, this puts all genetics in 1 bowl!

Changes do occur in our genome, mistakes may happen, mutation and all that...Some changes may be heriditary while others may not...Mutaltions which are inherited also rely on natural selection...I also believe that there is enough information in our DNA for this! I mean if something doesn't work, some genes are turned on while others off to allow to adapt to a stimuli usually environment...

For example, when bacteria are exposed to antibiotics, some genes are turned on and off -those which resist the antibiotics are turned on and hence, those bacteria which HAVE the resistant gene may survive while all others will die. THAT is natural selection...

But saying that that bacteria EVOLVED into a mammal sometime later on due to these selection- for me- is VERY unlikely!

So, I guess I agree with this Shiekh Tusi! In fact (from the little I managed to read) I thought of all what he did with the current knowledge and research material I have...But he did it when no one knew all this stuff! IMPRESSIVE!

To my understanding of genetics, an organism can only become something for which its genes have information on.

Genetics does tell us that we have alot of codes some do not make sense...Many which we share with other organisms are codes for development and regulation of our systems like for making skin, fat, making certain enzymes, chemicals and so on...

However if for example we humans do not have the gene for scales or fethers....how can we have been fishes once upon a time and later EVOLVED into mammals? This bit I can not digest!

Yes, our embryo may look like that of other vertebrates and have some form of "gills" when it is in the womb...and that gene is working and so on...and when we come into this world then that gene is disfunctional and all that...But the question is when a fish is pulled out of water, it doesn't grow lungs and its gene for gills does not become disfunctional...

Yes, I may sound crazy and a little confused...But science hasn't been able to answer these questions...We may have SEQUENCED the whole of the human genome but we still do not know what alot of those sequences mean!

I will lay out an ayet from the Quran for you:

Allah Turned The Transgressors into Monkeys to Make it a Lesson for the Later generation

Aur tum un logon ko khoob jaantay ho jo tum mein say haftay ke din (machli ka shikar karnay) mein had se tijawaz kar gaye thay; to ham ne un say kaha ke za-leel O khawar bandar ban jao. Aur is qissay ko us waqt kay logon kay liye aur jo unkay baad anay walay thay ibrat aur parhez garon kay liye naseehat bana diya.
(II : 65-66) Y

It does tend to layout certain aspects and open vistas unknown to us at present.

God says that he put the man on earth as his Naib. Imagine what the Naib of the Creator could do. The possibilities are endless.

I will lay out an ayet from the Quran for you:

Allah Turned The Transgressors into Monkeys to Make it a Lesson for the Later generation

Aur tum un logon ko khoob jaantay ho jo tum mein say haftay ke din (machli ka shikar karnay) mein had se tijawaz kar gaye thay; to ham ne un say kaha ke za-leel O khawar bandar ban jao. Aur is qissay ko us waqt kay logon kay liye aur jo unkay baad anay walay thay ibrat aur parhez garon kay liye naseehat bana diya.
(II : 65-66) Y

It does tend to layout certain aspects and open vistas unknown to us at present.

God says that he put the man on earth as his Naib. Imagine what the Naib of the Creator could do. The possibilities are endless.

Yes, I am very aware of that ayat! In fact, Instead of evolving from Apes to human...those FEW fossils they have of "the missing link" probably are the fossils of that nation! Hehehhe...I know I am probably diverting from modern science!

Because 1stly, there still seems to be a missing link in the evolution process! It is not complete...I am guessing scientist saw that nation's fossils and have ever since gone crazy about evolution...Because they can not comprehend, GOD' punishment of reverse evolution!

Back
Top Bottom