What's new

Get Raped in saudia and you are at Fault ''These people calls others infidels''

just more spam drivel

Not just in Saudi Arabia it seems, since some ppl here are trying to justify it.

Yes the woman broke the "law". But can you even call it a law?? Being alone with a person of the opposite sex is a crime??

In Saudi Arabia it is a crime, just as killing a cow is a crime in India. Both seem just as illogical to me.

And while the woman receives 200 lashes, the man receives 90!

Where does it say the man's sentence hasn't been upgraded to 200? At least don't invent stuff that isn't there. Provide a link that his sentence wasn't upgraded and only hers was. Afaik, both were punished for the "crime".

Saudi Arabia claims that its laws are based on what is correct and wrong in Islam.And so does Iran.

Two of the biggest Islamic countries in the world.

Interpretation. And I don't see what size has anything to do with.

Now can you see why non-muslims have the misconception that women are treated inferior in Islamic societies. Would you blame them?

Two points spring to mind here. Firstly, the woman is not being treated inferiorly to men in this case, because both got punished for it. Second, as you point out, it's a misconception.

In Saudi Arabia it is a crime, just as killing a cow is a crime in India. Both seem just as illogical to me.

Two points spring to mind here. Firstly, the woman is not being treated inferiorly to men in this case, because both got punished for it. Second, as you point out, it's a misconception.

I didn't get you. On one hand, you agree that the law is illogical...which means it is unfair towards the woman. Then on the other hand, you say that the woman isn't being considered inferior to the man.

I think this law is clearly illogical, the woman is being held responsible for a crime committed against her.....obviously being degraded as a human being...reducing her worth in society...therfore being treated unequally.

As far as killing cows is concerned, I don't know of any serious social issues arising from not killing cows. Comparing the two laws is just frivolous and completely unnecessary.

I didn't get you. On one hand, you agree that the law is illogical...which means it is unfair towards the woman. Then on the other hand, you say that the woman isn't being considered inferior to the man.

Good Grief. Do I need to spell it out? The law being illogical, means that it doesn't make any sense to me, not that it's an unfair law in the sense one gender is treated differently to the other. BOTH male and female are punished. Therefore it is fair. However it is just a silly law in my view, just as banning cow killing is a silly law to me. Hope that finally clarifies a very simple point.

I think this law is clearly illogical, the woman is being held responsible for a crime committed against her.....obviously being degraded as a human being...reducing her worth in society...therfore being treated unequally.

Right, this is the last time I'm responding to this, if you can't be bothered to read the article, or aren't capable of comprehending it. The woman is NOT BEING HELF RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CRIME COMMITTED AGAINST HER. SHE IS BEING HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CRIME THAT SHE COMMITTED i.e. Mingling with the opposite sex, which IS illegal in Saudi Arabia. That is the law there. She broke it, as did everyone in the case. So they all got punished.

As far as killing cows is concerned, I don't know of any serious social issues arising from not killing cows. Comparing the two laws is just frivolous and completely unnecessary.

Well both laws seem silly to me. Just as I can't see the harm in being alone with her boyfriend in the car, I can't see the sense of banning cow eating in some states. I would get punished in India for wanting a bit of beef, which seems silly to me, just as I would for being with a woman in Saudi Arabia. Both seem silly to me, but that's just me.

Good Grief. Do I need to spell it out? The law being illogical, means that it doesn't make any sense to me, not that it's an unfair law in the sense one gender is treated differently to the other. BOTH male and female are punished. Therefore it is fair. However it is just a silly law in my view, just as banning cow killing is a silly law to me. Hope that finally clarifies a very simple point.

If a female gets raped, both should be punished? So that makes it fair? Sheesh...its a lot more than silly....its....disgusting.

Right, this is the last time I'm responding to this, if you can't be bothered to read the article, or aren't capable of comprehending it. The woman is NOT BEING HELF RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CRIME COMMITTED AGAINST HER. SHE IS BEING HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CRIME THAT SHE COMMITTED i.e. Mingling with the opposite sex, which IS illegal in Saudi Arabia. That is the law there. She broke it, as did everyone in the case. So they all got punished.

Thats not the way you look at law. Combine the consequences of the public indecency laws and the incident, and you get a combination that is effectively punishing the woman for being raped.
A good law always looks beyond the immediate.

If a female gets raped, both should be punished? So that makes it fair? Sheesh...its a lot more than silly....its....disgusting.

Read my words very carefully.

The female committed a crime in Saudi..she was alone with her boyfriend..nothing to do with the rape
The female committed a crime in Saudi..she was alone with her boyfriend..nothing to do with the rape

Repeat this slowly 5 times.

Thats not the way you look at law. Combine the consequences of the public indecency laws and the incident, and you get a combination that is effectively punishing the woman for being raped.
A good law always looks beyond the immediate.

Well, no it's not. Had she been alone without the boyfriend and been raped, she would not have got any punishment. I don't see why you have difficulty acknowledging she was breaking Saudi Arabian law.

Read my words very carefully.

Repeat this slowly 5 times.

You aren't as smart as you think you are.

Well, no it's not. Had she been alone without the boyfriend and been raped, she would not have got any punishment. I don't see why you have difficulty acknowledging she was breaking Saudi Arabian law.

I don't. She broke a retarded law. Too bad for her. Too bad for Saudi Arabia.

Effectively, she is being punished for being raped.

Thats the truth. Whether you want to accept it or not (OR whether you understand the implications of retarded laws or not)

I don't. She broke a retarded law. Too bad for her. Too bad for Saudi Arabia.

And if I ate beef in some places in India, I would be breaking a retarded law too. Too bad for India, but that's the law.

Effectively, she is being punished for being raped.

No she's not. She's being punished for being alone with another man. If she did not have another man in the car, she would not have got any punishment. You follow?!?!

Thats the truth. Whether you want to accept it or not (OR whether you understand the implications of retarded laws or not)

Wrong. She's not being punished for being raped. She broke a law for which she gets a punishment. Whether that law is bad or good is a different matter. To some Saudis it is good obviously.

well now that you have told us over and over again she she is getting punished cause of the law.

NOW REPEAT THIS SHE AND THE GUY GOT RAPED WHAT IS THE PUNISHMENT FOR RAPE IN SAUDI.
IF LAW IS SO IMPORTANT TO HOUSE OF SAUD WHY IS HER LAWYER LICENCE CANCELLED.

WHY ISNT THE LAW BEING APPLIED TO PEOPLE THAT RAPED HER AND HIM.

KEEP REPEATING THIS TILL YOU GET IT.ITS MOST HORIBLE THING TO HAPPEND TO ANY BODY.YET THE GUYS WHO RAPED THEM BOTH ARE GETTING LIENIENT PUISHMENT.
LAW LAW LAW LAW.

keeP REPEATING THIS TILL YOU UNDERSTAND Rape is punishible by death.

you do realize 200 lashes means Death for her .yet the Monsters that RAped her walks away after 4 to 9 yearts that .you actually have the nerve to defend this.

YES yes we no you are not saying the law makes sence you are saying they are inforcing the law.

so what is the punishement for raping some one how come that part of the law isnt being inforced care to explain.

I am sorry roadrunner but you are trying to defend the indefensible here. You are trying to defend something wrong by stating that they are following the letter of the law. Yet the same laws do not affect the western enclaves, or the royal families. So it appears it is one law for some another for others.

I find your stance on this repugnant.

well now that you have told us over and over again she she is getting punished cause of the law.

That's what it looks like.

NOW REPEAT THIS SHE AND THE GUY GOT RAPED WHAT IS THE PUNISHMENT FOR RAPE IN SAUDI.

Perhaps death, havent got the link though.

"Beheading has always been the punishment meted out to murderers, rapists, drug traffickers and armed robbers in Saudi Arabia."
FOXNews.com - As Teen Girl Awaits Death, Saudi Surge in Beheadings Could Set Record High - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

Now there's a case you should be getting outraged over.
FOXNews.com - As Teen Girl Awaits Death, Saudi Surge in Beheadings Could Set Record High - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

IF LAW IS SO IMPORTANT TO HOUSE OF SAUD WHY IS HER LAWYER LICENCE CANCELLED.

Not sure what you mean. What lawyer license?

WHY ISNT THE LAW BEING APPLIED TO PEOPLE THAT RAPED HER AND HIM.

They've got punished from what I read. It looks like they reduced the sentence on them though. Hey I already said it would be better to hang them imo, but they've got jail term.

KEEP REPEATING THIS TILL YOU GET IT.ITS MOST HORIBLE THING TO HAPPEND TO ANY BODY.YET THE GUYS WHO RAPED THEM BOTH ARE GETTING LIENIENT PUISHMENT.
LAW LAW LAW LAW.

keeP REPEATING THIS TILL YOU UNDERSTAND Rape is punishible by death.

In most countries it is not.

you do realize 200 lashes means Death for her .yet the Monsters that RAped her walks away after 4 to 9 yearts that .you actually have the nerve to defend this.

How does 200 lashes mean death. Not pleasant definitely and it's a bit barbaric for my liking. But it doesnt mean death at all.

YES yes we no you are not saying the law makes sence you are saying they are inforcing the law.

The law doesn't make sense to me. But they are enforcing their laws. I've said a hundred times they're harsh laws.

so what is the punishement for raping some one how come that part of the law isnt being inforced care to explain.

It is being enforced. Usually rapists in Saudi get death afaik. This time they didn't. Only reason I can think of was because they were acting as their religious police and system would (to break up the free mixing).

I am sorry roadrunner but you are trying to defend the indefensible here. You are trying to defend something wrong by stating that they are following the letter of the law. Yet the same laws do not affect the western enclaves, or the royal families. So it appears it is one law for some another for others.

I find your stance on this repugnant.

Well, I'm not defending anything. I don't believe I gave any support to the law throughout. Clarification sure.

Also, I don't agree that you should be applying your mentality (which happens to be the same as mine, and I suspect most people's here) to Saudi Arabia. If I go to another country, and they have laws saying I should not meet with any (Saudi for example) woman, then I would not break this law. There are people in the world (and I've met them), that would like each gender to be segregated. If that is what the Saudis want, far be it from me to tell them otherwise. I'm simply stating what the law appears to me. Two people broke the law and got punished. Whether the law is fair, bad, good, etc isn't for me to decide. And I don't believe I supported the law anywhere throughout my postings. Care to point it out where I did?

There is also AM's stance where the Saudis could have shown some leniency towards the victims of such a crime, and I do agree with his stance also. But it's up to the judiciary to decide on leniency and they decided against it. It's a case of being outraged by consensual sex as much as rape. A case of equating the two or at least that sort of mentality. Radicals can be horrified by both for their own reasons. How to convince them, why in fact to convince them of a different set of morals. Pretty obvious where the hudood rape and fornication punishments came from in Pakistan.

Also, I don't agree that you should be applying your mentality (which happens to be the same as mine, and I suspect most people's here) to Saudi Arabia.

Some things are absolute. Its not like the laws suddenly become fair and logical within the boundaries of SArabia.

Respecting local cultures is one thing, and respecting sheer stupidity is another.

If I go to another country, and they have laws saying I should not meet with any (Saudi for example) woman, then I would not break this law.

That doesn't mean that you should respect that law. Avoid breaking the law so that you don't suffer the system, but don't say "oh, well, thats just the saudi way of doing things".
Its the wrong way of doing things, and will remain so even in Saudi Arabia.

There are people in the world (and I've met them), that would like each gender to be segregated. If that is what the Saudis want, far be it from me to tell them otherwise.

I"m sorry but you should tell them otherwise. Gender segregation is wrong, and cannot be defended by any logic.

Moreover, it becomes worse when the Saudi King establishes faith schools all around the world to promote these "values".
It is one thing to simply tolerate the Saudi laws, but another to allow them to be spread to the rest of the world.

Some things are absolute. Its not like the laws suddenly become fair and logical within the boundaries of SArabia.

Respecting local cultures is one thing, and respecting sheer stupidity is another.

Why shouldn't you respect the local culture, even if it's stupid? I find a ban on beef eating, but not on pig eating to be hygienically stupid. But it occurs. Should not respect this custom/culture because it is stupid to me?

That doesn't mean that you should respect that law.

I don't believe I ever said I respected that law!

Avoid breaking the law so that you don't suffer the system, but don't say "oh, well, thats just the saudi way of doing things".

Why not? Isn't it Saudi mentality that gives rise to their interpretation of the laws?

Its the wrong way of doing things, and will remain so even in Saudi Arabia.

What is the wrong way of doing things? Gender segregation?

I"m sorry but you should tell them otherwise. Gender segregation is wrong, and cannot be defended by any logic.

Why is it wrong? I don't mind mixing. But why is gender segregation wrong?

Moreover, it becomes worse when the Saudi King establishes faith schools all around the world to promote these "values".

Yes, now that I agree with you. These schools in Pakistan should be closed. It brings a different culture, a different mentality that probably doesnt exist easily with other forms.

It is one thing to simply tolerate the Saudi laws, but another to allow them to be spread to the rest of the world.

Sure, that I can agree with.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom