What's new

Germany deploys Leopard-2 main battle tanks to Russian border

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Germany will send hundreds of soldiers and hardware to Russia’s borders, that was reported by TASS on Thursday.

NATO’s multi-national battalion in Lithuania will have not only German military servicemen, but it will also receive Leopard 2 tanks.

“Indeed, the decision was made to dispatch tanks, but we cannot say what their numerical strength will be,” German Defense Ministry representative Thomas Frueh told TASS. The ministry officer said the tanks will also be engaged in military exercises. “The main aim is to demonstrate their presence,” he said.

German Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen said earlier that Germany was planning to dispatch 400 to 600 military servicemen to Lithuania. All in all, the strength of the NATO battalion will be about 1,000 servicemen.

Belgium, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, Norway and Croatia are also expected to send their armed forces personnel to Lithuania.

http://defence-blog.com/army/germany-deploys-leopard-2-main-battle-tanks-to-russian-border.html

Joining Portuguese Artillery Battery (NRF - Nato Reaction Force) allready there cince July

Guys will there be limited skirmish or war? I think just like soviet union dissolution Russia might lose something important once again. as many articles are suggesting their naval ships are rusting or if in order have many weapons or ammunition out of order. I am just observing and understanding the modern warfare as far as I know war cannot be won only by zeal but my technology and endurance. T15 and T14 armata are just being tested till then I think russia has very few modern tanks. Recently read that russia only has
450 of T90 and 300 of t80 plus T72 around 1500 all of them are deadly tanks but fighting against different types like leopard 2A5, leclercs and abrahm tanks will be deadly furthermore against f35, rafale, f22 and typhoon are more than a match against russians sukhois only few su35 are matched. and Nuclear war is not an option so easily decided to be used in conventional war russia might lose alot this time than they did in soviet union era.

With respect please tell me what's your say, I am intermediate learner need expert view on this only.

Back
Top Bottom