Country
Pakistan
Germany arrests Pakistani man accused of spying for Iran
By News Desk
Published: July 8, 2016
435SHARES
SHARE TWEET
1137633-file-1467957723-449-640x480.jpg

A suspect is detained by plain clothes police during a raid at a house in the Kreuzberg district of Berlin, Germany February 4, 2016. PHOTO: REUTERS/FILE

A Pakistani man was arrested by German authorities on Tuesday for allegedly spying for Iran on the former head of a group that promotes German-Israeli relations.

According to Associated Press, federal prosecutors said Thursday that the 31-year-old, identified only as Syed Mustufa H in keeping with German privacy rules, was arrested on Tuesday in the northern city of Bremen.

US ends case against former envoy accused of spying for Pakistan

They said in a statement that he was ‘in contact with an intelligence unit attributed to Iran’, without elaborating. He is alleged to have spied on the former head of the German-Israeli Society and people close to him, among others, and handed over information to Iran in October.

The ex-head of the German-Israeli group, former lawmaker Reinhold Robbe, told the Bild newspaper that he wasn’t surprised by the alleged espionage and he ‘will not be intimidated’.

Earlier this year, the US Justice Department closed its espionage investigation into a former American diplomat who had been accused of spying for Pakistan.

FBI agents had raided Robin L Raphel’s home and office in 2014, looking for evidence that she was spying for Islamabad, an accusation which Raphel had denied vehemently.

“It was clear from the outset that this investigation was based on a fundamental misunderstanding,” her lawyer, Amy Jeffress, said in a statement.

“It is of the utmost importance to our national security that our diplomats be able to do their work without fearing that their routine diplomatic communications will subject them to criminal investigation,” she added, according to the New York Times.

No charges were filed against Raphel, Jeffress continued, sharply criticising government officials for revealing details of the investigation to reporters.

Pakistan expels Bangladesh diplomat as ‘spy’ row escalates

The espionage case against Raphel began after US officials intercepted a conversation in which a Pakistani official suggested that his government was receiving American secrets from her. The investigation did not turn out to be very successful and prosecutors were left with no choice but to focus on charges of keeping classified information in her home. Raphel consistently refused plea deals in negotiations with the government.

Raphel maintained close ties with Pakistani officials even during the rough patch in the Pak-US relationship when many other American diplomats decried Pakistan’s duplicity in the fight against terrorism. For decades, she has also been at the center of steering American policy towards Pakistan.

Raphel was recruited by Richard C Holbrooke, the State Department’s special representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan, at the start of the Obama administration.

This article originally appeared on Daily Mail

I AM NOT trolling , I think we have to check Is he really a Pakistani , I mean what if he is Afghan or even Iranian who have or got Pakistani Passport.
And I guess now time have come when we have to cancel all Passports and tell every one to have new one ( Its extremely hard and painful ) Only way to cancel or take out all other nationals who have Pakistani Passports.
Thank you all

Cancel all passports and all ID cards. I think verification for ID cards have already started. It should also start with Passport. Pakistanis living abroad can be asked to submit theirs in the Pakistan embassy.
Any person having a Pakistani ID card or passport will be considered Pakistani by foreign elements irrespective of what his origin was. We need to be careful and formulate a policy regarding it.

These Iranian are same like India Afghanistan expect they are our hidden enemy

That name says it all..syed mustafa Hussein, more loyal to Iran than Pakistan even he is a Pakistani.
I wonder if he had a name Abu yazeed bin katheer what would make him that

We have no way to ascertain if he's truly a Pakistani national or an Iranian with Pakistani password.

It doesn't make sense, I am sure he is not Pakistani & the person arrested is of some other national holding may be forged Pakistani passport.

The biggest problem in Pakistan is, our NADRA is having heavy political influence, people like Achakzai & other bastard force NADRA to issue NIC to Afghanis & there is already a written complaint lodged by NADRA officials against Achakzai & other bastards but the corrupt Govt. has done nothing to stop this.

I believe, the whole of NADRA database security should be handed over to Intel Agencies & Army because of the problems that Pakistan is facing from people like Achakzai & others. Passport & NIC should only be issued after thorough checking.

Cancel all the passports, start re-verification on very stern parameters even if it creates trouble for all citizens.

I wonder if he had a name Abu yazeed bin katheer what would make him that
that didn't happen, but this did. proving, yet again, that shias of Pakistan are more loyal to iran, and not to their own country.

how different the views of the members are from the threads on kulbushan,then it was Indian passport and iranian visa was the proof,and now they dont count.
Any way there is nothing for Pakistanies to get excited,he is not working against the country,he worked for a country in a third country.

keep on ranting, does not change the fact that shias are more loyal to iran, and iran is paying shias to fight for them in iraq and syria.

True, so does wahabo deobandi.. Only loyal people with complete stake in Pakistan are Sufis/Sunni.. But we should not paint every wahabi and shia with same color.. We have deobandis in this forum who oppose takfiriyat, so does we have shia who have nothing to do with Mullahs..

On topic, he is not alone, hundreds of them are fighting in syria and iraq for thier masters.. Hundred and thousands are doing rallies with Khomayni, Khaminai, Hasan Nasrullah's posters every other week, Which clearly shows Iran is radiclizing our shia youth after wahabbis..

@SOHEIL should we send f-16s to Tehran :) i am sure we now qualify for this..

Last edited:
Hundred and thousands are doing rallies with Khomayni, Khaminai, Hasan Nasrullah's posters every other week,

he's the man who comes into the category of a true jihadi----i may have differences with him for obvious reasons e.g his orthodox approach (a general mullah phenomenon) like how he perceive things, -----even if he was a wahabi, i would still back him----

Which clearly shows Iran is radiclizing our shia youth after wahabbis..

unfortunately yes, with mullah at the top,you can expect any kind of idiocy from em,be it a shia sunni wahabi govt---no exceptions.-----------one can sense on this very forum that some fundo irani members equate every non shia with yazeed n zionists-----but vis a vis saudis , mullahs in Iran are a lesser evil------

Only loyal people with complete stake in Pakistan are Sufis/Sunni

you never know,the gap is significantly widening with every passing day,due to the prevalent dilemmas they have been forced to take sides-------

. But we should not paint every wahabi and shia with same color.

AGREED., The man from whom i learned the intricacies of Sharea and sectarianism was a Wahabi,a true one, May Allah Grant him jannah , Amin

We have deobandis in this forum who oppose takfiriyat,

good for them

so does we have shia who have nothing to do with Mullahs..

commendable, as for the folks who have such affiliations, consider it a peeri,mureedi thing---while others were forced into this situation,reason being,social discrimination to some extent.------anyways we need to get our acts together

Last edited:
@Mentee i used to have good feeling about Hizbollah, but they proved in syria that they are slave of Mullahs instead of saviour of lebanon..

Ok, lets say he is good jihadi? But why our shia should carry their posters? I have yet to see wahabi with banner of Saudi Mufti e Azam... They dont have enough pious, highly righteous Pakistani Zakireen, Ayatollahs, Allama?

Agree with rest of ur post..

Back
Top Bottom