What's new

Geo News on the verge of a complete BAN

Sniper_Lycan

Reaction score
A Journey from Tragic Sympathy to being ousted as Traitor!
“Bholay, band karGeo ki bakwaas,Mulk dushman hai yeh

Sipping my cup of strong tea from a well-known local tea hotel at Clifton, Karachi, these words of the shop manager directing his employee to shut down Geo News spoke volumes to me when the general reaction from the people sitting there was affirmation of his decision by nods and cries of “shabashay”. My colleague, who also accompanied me for the tea regularly at this place smiled and said, “It seems Geo News has crossed the line a bit too far this time!”

I knowingly smiled and nodded. It does not actually come as a surprise given the series of major blow-ups coming from Geo News and Jang Group as an organization. Just when Geo News was enjoying the sympathy of people over the Hamid Mir’s attempted assassination, Geo News made a blunder that would be remembered for years to come as a tale of caution as to how NOT to react in the face of emerging tragedy – Just at the moment when Geo News aired the news blaming the DG ISI Lt Gen Zaheer ul Islam and demanded his immediate resignation, all that was going in favor of Geo News at that moment turned sour.

This accusation spurred a bout of anti-Geo sentiments from Government ministers and bureaucracy & other media institutions, with Ministry of Defense already having an application filed in PEMRA for Geo’s permanent shutdown; but the strongest backlash that Geo and Jang Group has faced is from the PUBLIC in the form of rejection, despise and boycott of Geo and Jang’s media outlets.Geo has not only faced a bitter reaction at their immature and irresponsible news reporting but have suffered loss of viewership as the channel’s transmission is now deemed to be a purposefully fueled agenda against Pakistan Army and ISI.

My cousin, an Army Major at Wah Cantt, told me that Geo, which wasn’t a popular option to watch in barracks to begin with, is now expressively facing a blanket shut down. Jang and The News are no longer available at the mess’ breakfast tables. I myself could totally relate to this sort of reaction asmy father, who graduated from a cadet college, told the hawker to replace Jang with another Urdu daily.It wasn’t only him, my mother and sister used to watch Turkish and Indian shows on Geo Tv religiously– but I was positively surprised to find that my sister has set a different channel on the frequency Geo used to be.

One of my friends who works in a media buying and planning dept of a renowned advertising agency wastroubled at his client’s request to revise the entire media plan by totally removing Geo News advertising slots from the mix. He told that many advertisers backed off and cancelled their planned and allocated time slots on Geo News prime time since the ridiculous misstep by Geo.

Social media is abuzz with the angry sentiments of Pakistani nationals as well as expatriate Pakistanis from all over the globe, who absolutely refused to accept Geo as a representation of Pakistani media as the media group has brought nothing but shame to the nation through its unpatriotic and deceitful demeanor. From pledges of boycotting the Geo TV Network in their home and workplaces to the demands of putting a blanket ban on Geo’s transmission and Jang’s print publications, including Daily Jangg, The News , MAG and Akhbar-e-Jahan; as a sign of showing solidarity, devotion and respect towards our Armed Forces and ISI.

[embed]
[embed]
[embed]
[embed]https://twitter.com/fauji_tweets/statuses/458870602279833600[/embed]

[embed]https://twitter.com/WaqasShaik/statuses/458363981955346432[/embed]

[embed]https://twitter.com/Uroosa_Salman/statuses/458985379014520832[/embed]

[embed]https://twitter.com/AbuBuffy/statuses/458219822094880768[/embed]

Irrespective of what the decision of PEMRA or courts may be; the common man has rung the bells of execution against the traitor GEO Network with the utter and complete boycott of the media and publication house.

The Patriotic People of Pakistan have already spoken – Rejection of the Geo Propaganda!

Geo News on the verge of a complete BAN | Farzand-e-Millat

but the strongest backlash that Geo and Jang Group has faced is from the PUBLIC in the form of rejection, despise and boycott of Geo and Jang’s media outlets.Geo has not only faced a bitter reaction at their immature and irresponsible news reporting but have suffered loss of viewership as the channel’s transmission is now deemed to be a purposefully fueled agenda against Pakistan Army and ISI.

Oh dear 5, 4, 3, 2, 1,

293412.jpg

Good to see Pakistani people have mind of their own- a free mind to understand and judge before believing- unlike our eastern neighbors who love to be brainwashed-
Except this is happening exactly because people are brainwashed to defend the army and ISI regardless of the situation. Censorship is the bane of freedom, once Geo is banned, you will never have a free media to tell you of the corruption of the government or military agencies.

Last edited:
Except this is happening exactly because people are brainwashed to defend the army and ISI regardless of the situation. Censorship is the ban of freedom, once Geo is banned, you will never have a free media to tell you of the corruption of the government or military agencies.

Not really. There are dozens of other TV channel to tell us about the corruption. You don't need to be an as$hole to be called as a free media. Like in the case of Geo.

Not really. There are dozens of other TV channel to tell us about the corruption. You don't need to be an as$hole to be called as a free media. Like in the case of Geo.
Except those other channels are going to look at Geo and have serious doubts about reporting about corruption. Face it, Geo is being treated as an example, a warning to other media agencies to not cross the military or the ISI. Geo is nothing more than a sacrificial lamb.

Except those other channels are going to look at Geo and have serious doubts about reporting about corruption. Face it, Geo is being treated as an example, a warning to other media agencies to not cross the military or the ISI. Geo is nothing more than a sacrificial lamb.

Geo wasn't reporting about corruption. So no they won't look at Geo when they report about corruption. Yeah they might remember Geo for being irresponsible, traitors and lack of media ethics.

Geo wasn't reporting about corruption. So no they won't look at Geo when they report about corruption. Yeah they might remember Geo for being irresponsible, traitors and lack of media ethics.
Geo did report about Hamid Mir's allegations, and since HM works for Geo, they're being held liable for his personal opinions. Besides, an alleged assassination attempt against a journalist is technically corruption (if true).

You can bash Geo all you want, but at the end of the day you and I both know that this ban on Geo is going to be bad for the entirety of Pakistani media.

Good to see Pakistani people have mind of their own- a free mind to understand and judge before believing- unlike our eastern neighbors who love to be brainwashed-

Janaab aaap kahan seh waapis aa gaii ? :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom