What's new

Generals in Pakistan Army

No, let the new minds come in who will certainly refresh and reinvigorate the defense of our nation. Have faith in the institution and not the individuals. General Pasha and General Kayani are fine individuals and leaders but they're not the only ones the PA has made or will make.

I am in full agreement with Kasrkin. Gen. Kayani played and is playing a vital role not only in country's military affairs but also in political affairs though we don't see any chance of his jumping in like Mush.

But Kayani would, even if offered, never accept any offer of Extension in his services.

KIT Over

a general / 5,000 soldiers/officers.

a general / 5,000 soldiers/officers.

Well Sir, a lot of them would be like having no command of troops, like AMC generals, or the ones sitting in GHQ having administrative posts, even Ordinance has 5-6 Maj Generals, similarly EME & Engineers would be having multiple generals also.

Just imagine FC NWFP is being commanded by a Maj Gen, with 50,000+ troops, much more then a corps commander can ever command, leaving aside the nature of equipment.

I think Kayani should accept the extension and ensure that another set of promotions is done under his watchful eyes, there is no harm in that.

He has played a tremendous role and if given an extension will contribute positively, whereas i am all for normal tenures but here is a man we have had after a painfully long time who was not only good but was given a full tenure and he has proved his mettle...this was not done many times in our history and current opportunity should be capitalized upon.
The fact that this happened is a lucky break and there exists a constitutionally legitimate way for GOP to extend his command, i would see it as a good thing.

If however Gen Kayani feels that there is no need and actually sees someone so good that he wants the person to take charge then i will respect that as well.
I think Kayani will be in dilemma, most likely he would want to continue to see the reforms through but he may not want to set any example (even if legitimate) whereby a COAS is seen to crave for extension from the government.
Tough choices for the good man, i wish him best of luck.

General Tariq Khan is indeed someone whom i would love to see as COAS in the long run.

The fact is that there are too many senior officers in PA. In PA, full colonel rank is almost superfluous.

A full colonel can easily command a Brigade, a brigadier general a Division and a three star general an Army. Montgomery was only a 3 star general when appointed to lead the 8th Army.

There are too many AVM's in the Air Force and too many Admirals in tiny PN. Legacy of long military rule.

I have some serious reservations about listing our serving generals
whether or not that information is public or not I think we need to seek guidance from MI or ISPR on this
maybe I am old school but I don’t feel comfortable giving away these names to anti Pakistan forces
we have already lost star officers in this war against the TTP much to the delight of our conventional enemies

I have some serious reservations about listing our serving generals
whether or not that information is public or not I think we need to seek guidance from MI or ISPR on this
maybe I am old school but I don’t feel comfortable giving away these names to anti Pakistan forces
we have already lost star officers in this war against the TTP much to the delight of our conventional enemies

Not the usual. You're stating as if their ranks are hidden from the public.

The fact is that there are too many senior officers in PA. In PA, full colonel rank is almost superfluous.

A full colonel can easily command a Brigade, a brigadier general a Division and a three star general an Army. Montgomery was only a 3 star general when appointed to lead the 8th Army.

There are too many AVM's in the Air Force and too many Admirals in tiny PN. Legacy of long military rule.

Actually Army has different Arms Each Arm has its own general. Like for example there was only a single air-defence division till the 1999 another one or more divition of that arm are raised now and the strength has also increased. Its was in 2000 when an Air defence arm was formarally commanded by a Lt-Gen.
Again there comes education core mainly comprising of officers given the task of education. The highest rank in it is still Brigadier.
Further there are too many seniar officers in Army Medical corps. After any fighting arm(Infantry,Artillary,Armoured,Engineers,Airdefence) Army Medical Corps has highest numbers of Brigadiers and Generals, even more than logistics and supply core. Than there are supporting arms like EME and Signals.
The Millitery Intelligance is another departement even that has has notible numbers of seniar millitery officers comprising the ranks from full colonel to major generals.
Another Vital division was raised up called the Strategic planing divition which also has numbers of seniar millitery officers from all arms.

There are many senior officers who are not commanding but are in service as they hold immense experience and exceptional skills that Army feels it necessary to have them around. There are many in AM corps..!

Back
Top Bottom