What's new

General Mirza Aslam Baig assaults Dawn News reporter

Solomon2

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
Urdu, I suppose. Confrontation seems to begin at 2:16.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not really sure what triggered his reaction, may be our elite are not used to such dealings. Having said that, it was a bit cheap style of reporting, at least not expected from a news channel with a calibre of DAWN news

This guy, the reporter is one of the most irritating reporter I have ever seen in local media. This guy have some special kind of grudge against the forces, always up for criticizing Soldiers, without any solid reasons actually. I have seen him doing this in past as well. Gen. Aslam Baig is a very cool-minded man, of course what else do you expect when you'll ask these type of stupid questions?

He's saying clearly that he asked for the interview, to talk about Balochistan issue, where did his personal matters come in from? Stupid reporter!

Jack's-behind reporter asked him same question 5 times repeatedly even thou he told him he'll not answer that question,,, & that reporter took permission for talk on Balochistan ONLY but drifted away to other personal questions on matters that are in court & kept repeating that question despite Baig's refusal to answer ,,,

Nowadays people in Pakistan feels its cool & fashionable to bash military, ISI & even Pakistan anytime & everytime. They all should be kicked out of Pakistan. This has become so worst that other nationalities are taking full advantage of it, a clear example is a huge number of trolls from our neighbouring country bashing us, our country & our military/ISI in this Defense Forum too.

He was lucky that he was not hit, his question maybe right be he was asking it too many times, not knowing when to draw the line.. small incidence IMO. very small does not deserve a thread Solomon

Last edited by a moderator:
Idiot non -professional reporter. A camera and mike does not give any one the right to record an individual and telecast it on the medai. Some one need to sue these bufoons.

reporter was non professionnel and kept repeating same question again n again. thats annoying but general should have shown patience too. there are other ways of dealing with these type of media personnels. can some one please translate in english takma e jumhooriat

reporter was non professionnel and kept repeating same question again n again. thats annoying but general should have shown patience too.
I can't make out the conversation, but of course if the general wants some respect from the reporter he has to earn it. The reporter is not an officer or jawan. And if the general refuses to answer a tough question without saying why I don't see what is wrong with the reporter embarrassing the general by repeating the question over and over.

In the U.S. in the 1980s we had a White House correspondent, Sam Donaldson of ABC, who was famous for throwing such questions at Ronald Reagan at the very moments Reagan wanted to appear most "presidential". Impertinent and annoying, yes, but was he doing his job the way it should have been done? Probably.

C'mon!

He could have just made the journo diasppear.

Just like that!

That would have been a better move, general.

Back
Top Bottom