What's new

Gen Raheel didn’t ask for Fazlullah handover, says Afghan army chief

Saifullah Sani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Afghan army chief General Sher Muhammad Karimi said on Friday that his Pakistani counterpart General Raheel Sharif has not asked for handing over of the fugitive chief of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan, Mullah Fazlullah, who is believed to be hiding in Afghanistan.
General Raheel and ISI chief Lt Gen Rizwan Akhtar visited Kabul on December 17, a day after the deadly Taliban attack on the Army Public School and College in Peshawar. Gen Raheel had shared “vital elements of intelligence with concerned authorities, with regard to the Peshawar incident,” the army spokesman had said.

However, the Afghan army chief said that the top Pakistani military officials didn’t ask for custody of Mullah Fazlullah. “They didn’t mention Mullah Fazlullah. He doesn’t live in Afghanistan and we are not sheltering him,” Gen Karimi told a local Radio channel in Afghanistan.
“We have a long and porous border, so it is possible he might be operating from both sides of the border like other terrorists. But he is always on the run. We have never sheltered terrorists and will never do so,” he said referring to Mullah Fazlullah.
Pakistan believes the TTP chief has regrouped his fighters on the Afghan side of the border and operates from there “We’ve reached the conclusion that Kabul and Islamabad should unite in the fight against terrorism,” Gen Karimi said.
http://tribune.com.pk/story/809659/...or-fazlullah-handover-says-afghan-army-chief/

I feel like singing

Birdy birdy in the sky, me no worry me no cry.
Me only happy, that cows don't fly.

ANA up to its usual crap.

Or maybe its another way of saying we are not going to do anything against Fazal-ullah despite Ghani giving assurances of his arrest. I have said many times in the past, We need to move past our borders to achieve our goals of eliminating terror threats. Had we taken out Fazal-ullah in Afghanistan at the start of the operation, it would have sent out a strong message to our enemies that we will not sit idle and will hit them irrespective of where they are. But that didnt happen and even though we were told that about 1000 or more terrorists have been killed, an attack like the one in peshawar took place and this nation grieves with shock and pain of our dead sons and daughters.

Or maybe its another way of saying we are not going to do anything against Fazal-ullah despite Ghani giving assurances of his arrest. I have said many times in the past, We need to move past our borders to achieve our goals of eliminating terror threats. Had we taken out Fazal-ullah in Afghanistan at the start of the operation, it would have sent out a strong message to our enemies that we will not sit idle and will hit them irrespective of where they are. But that didnt happen and even though we were told that about 1000 or more terrorists have been killed, an attack like the one in peshawar took place and this nation grieves with shock and pain of our dead sons and daughters.

Let me play devil's advocate here. This is something many people tell Americans the consequences of this. If you kill this terrorist, wouldn't it encourage the terrorists to hit back in retaliation?

This so called General also said that Afghanistan's border was the Indus river.

We will take care of it by ourselves.

There are some statements which can be vague and used to not sound dumb when cornered. This guys press statement saying that our own army chief did not mention fazllulah is sounding like he is on that afghani sticky stuff they are so famous for.

If Afghan Govt admit that they have Fazlullah than they are proved Guilty also

Let me play devil's advocate here. This is something many people tell Americans the consequences of this. If you kill this terrorist, wouldn't it encourage the terrorists to hit back in retaliation?

And how many attacks since 9/11 happened in the US? Zero. Thats what nations with conscious do. Ours sadly is gone. So while i know what you are pointing at, Pakistan at this point in time should had gone to war footings, unfortunately our leadership thinks otherwise.

And how many attacks since 9/11 happened in the US? Zero. Thats what nations with conscious do. Ours sadly is gone. So while i know what you are pointing at, Pakistan at this point in time should had gone to war footings, unfortunately our leadership thinks otherwise.

They tried multiple times to hit U.S. soil. And they also hit U.S. targets overseas in retaliation.

they already doing that. and if we eliminate their leadership that will be a big blow

Actually, I like to point out the Boston Marathon bombing.

Back
Top Bottom