What's new

Gen Qamar mulls different set of methods for security

Lets hope but in the presence of US/NATO this seems a bit far .

This is what Islamic Military Counter Terrorism Coalition claimed:

Explaining the rationale for this set-up, they say the proposed alliance would fight terrorists in “Iraq, Syria, Libya, Egypt and Afghanistan”​

Source: Islamic military alliance (Aaj TV)

I think..what seems now of Gen Bajwa... I think Gen Kiyani was also much better than him.. Remember time period in which Gen Kiyani took over was much more difficult... worst relations with US, insurgency in all tribal areas, still he managed to clear most of FATA... he also took"some stand" on memo gate, for some time..submitted his statement in SC..yes he didn't pursue it further, just like Raheel Sharif... in similar scenario.. Gen Raheel and Gen Kiyani acted similar..so Gen Kiyani was just as good or bad in memogate as Gen Raheel Sharif in dawn leaks... while from the moment Gen Bajwa has taken over...Dawn leaks disappeared as if it never existed...

I wonder what different methods Gen Bajwa mulls for security?..maybe no further substantial action and agreeing to whatever Nawaz Sharif says... because as said by security official..this is now the new normal and we must come to terms with current security situation ..and not expect any further betterment.. according to Gen Bajwas thinking...agar hum current status quo ko hi maintain karlein, as far as security is concerned..tu woh bhi bhtt bari baat hogi... while Gen Kiyani took many actions.. esp in his first tenure.. yes his sec tenure was not good..but we must keep in mind tht in his sec tenure, we had worst relations with US, and it looked like almost an open confrontation with US, and had he sent army in North Waziristan at tht time, we ourselves would have said tht army is an American pithoo and they are doing it on American dictation and it wouldn't have got any public support rather negative..anti Americanism was at its peak then..so we cant blame Gen Kiyani for not finishing off NW

Excellent refresher and analysis.
Dawn is singing a new tune for Gen. Bajwa altogether. :partay:

Read: Will Gen Bajwa walk the talk? (Dawn)

Lives in Defence, but can't Defence. :D

No Defence in Defence. :partay: :partay: :partay:

Back
Top Bottom