What's new

GD Pilot as a Doctor?

neutron786

New Recruit

Reaction score
Asalaam o alaikum folks,

I am a medical student, doing MD from an american university. I will be completing my medicine in 16 months more inshALLAH. I am 22 right now and will turn 23 this september (2012).

Eventhough I am becoming a doctor, I would like to try my luck as a GD pilot. I have gone through all the info one could find on the PAF website and other places about the eligibility criterion. I am eligible. I just want to know how does the whole selection process go about? When will this year's selections take place; how much time does it take for the whole process to complete, from the time of registration to the joining of PAF risalpur for training and that, if in the meanwhile when my application is being processed, i turn 23, would I become ineligible?

Thank you :)

Asalaam o alaikum folks,

I am a medical student, doing MD from an american university. I will be completing my medicine in 16 months more inshALLAH. I am 22 right now and will turn 23 this september (2012).

Eventhough I am becoming a doctor, I would like to try my luck as a GD pilot. I have gone through all the info one could find on the PAF website and other places about the eligibility criterion. I am eligible. I just want to know how does the whole selection process go about? When will this year's selections take place; how much time does it take for the whole process to complete, from the time of registration to the joining of PAF risalpur for training and that, if in the meanwhile when my application is being processed, i turn 23, would I become ineligible?

Thank you :)

Are you going to a med school in the Middle East? There are American Universities there too

Yes i am in the middle east on student exchange from west virginia uni, morgantown.....but that doesnt answer my question.

Yes i am in the middle east on student exchange from west virginia uni, morgantown.....but that doesnt answer my question.

If you are US citizen then i think you need to return that citizenship first and then you can join PAF or any other Pak force...... one of my friend did that and he is now a doc in PAF ... serving his own country :)

This is from Sir WebMaster's Post:

Nationality: Male Citizens of Pakistan

Age limit:

FSc Course: PC 16-22 years
Graduate Course: SSC 18-30 years

Training Period: Three years training at PAF Academy, Risalpur as an Aviation Cadet.

Marital Status: Unmarried for F.Sc Course and unmarried/married for Graduate Courses.

Qualification:

FSc Course: (Pre-Medical /Pre-Engg /Computer Sciences) 50% marks in aggregate.

Graduate Course: (B.Sc)

Ineligibility:

Twice rejected by Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB) /General Head Quarters (GHQ) Selection Board.
Twice screened out by ISSB/GHQ Selection Board.
Once rejected by ISSB and once rejected by GHQ Selection Board (ISSB) and GHQ Selection Board will be considered at par for eligibility purpose. Absent from any service Selection Board will be treated as rejected.
Twice rejected by ISSB or any service Selection Board for specific higher qualification courses.
Permanently declared unfit by Armed Forces Appeal Medical Board (AFAMB) for commissioning in PAF/Army/Navy (Candidates declared unfit by Central Medical Board (CMB)/Combined Military Hospital (CMH) will remain ineligible until they are declared fit by AFAMB.
If dismissed / removed / debarred from any Government Service including Armed Forces.
If withdrawn/rejected from any service training institution for the reason of maladjustment/disciplinary ground/medical unfitness/resignation/purchase of release/character qualities. However, candidates withdrawn due to poor performance in academic or lack of flying aptitude are eligible to apply for Branch other than one they were withdrawn from.
If convicted by a court of law for any offence.
If their original Academic Certificates are found tampered with.
If they have concealed any information or have provided incorrect information at the time of filling in their application forms.

Selection Procedure:

Intelligence tests/Academic tests in Physics & English of F.Sc level.
Interview and Preliminary Medical examination at PAF Information and Selection centres.
Tests by ISSB and medical examination by Central Medical Board PAF Masroor Karachi followed by Flying Aptitude Test.
Final selection in order of merit by Air Headquarters

http://www.defence.pk/forums/join-pakistan-air-force/1790-how-join-pakistan-air-force-paf.html

Thank you for letting me know that, I am aware of this.

I'd be really grateful if someone could guide me for the questions i asked :)

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

I have gone through this list before. I just want to know when will this year's selections take place; how much time does it take for the whole process to complete, from the time of registration to the joining of PAF risalpur for training and that, if in the meanwhile when my application is being processed, i turn 23, would I become ineligible?

You are not eligible im afraid for GDP , you would be able to apply for SSC commission.

Fullscreen%2520capture%25202162012%252092655%2520PM.jpg

Wa Alaikum Assalam.

No, you cannot apply. The reason is your age factor and your field of specialization. But you can apply as an Army Doctor, which is what I recommend.
On other hand, never disclose your personal information on any public forum, especially your name.

Best of luck with your career and studies.
FeeAman Allah.

You are not eligible im afraid for GDP , you would be able to apply for SSC commission.

Fullscreen%2520capture%25202162012%252092655%2520PM.jpg

SSC?Short service commision?

I heard that if you apply for SSC..there are bright chances that you can become a permanant one

am i right?

thank u sir....sorry for being naive, i thought it was important to use your name....i seem to be in a fix in trying to change my name here, can you please guide me how to change my name or even deactivate this account that i made?

Sorry, you cannot deactivate. However, contact any Administrator to change your username.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom