What's new

FTSE 250 recovers all Brexit losses

Well........After the success of Cameron(sarcasm). Lets see what fruits will bear under May:disagree:

Exactly - I dont buy stocks, but I do follow them. After Brexit announcement on Thursday, world stock markets only fell Friday and Monday. After that everything rose again.

But wouldn't Brexit have a negative influence on the long term ?

How can Brexit have negative influence on the long term ?

Due to high production costs and other factors, Britain has almost lost her both high and low end production sector. The imports from rest of the EU specially Germany and France will still be coming, but after import tax or some deal. Which in both cases would be in favor of Britain.
There are some sectors like fishery where Britain would gain control back for her own people.
But some factors, like border control were just exaggerated to get vote. Britain was already out of schengen and has more strict controls than EU.

How can Brexit have negative influence on the long term ?
Well, the only negative thing i can come up with is their ecommerce part. Today you can buy everything online and get it to Denmark, without paying VAT and taxes, but when they're fully out, no point in buying.

Well, the only negative thing i can come up with is their ecommerce part. Today you can buy everything online and get it to Denmark, without paying VAT and taxes, but when they're fully out, no point in buying.
Of course there will be some negative things as one you mentioned.
International banks would also have to move their HQs from London to EU. That can play a role in stock market fall once again.
But overall, I think Britain would more gain than loss by leaving.

Of course there will be some negative things as one you mentioned.
International banks would also have to move their HQs from London to EU. That can play a role in stock market fall once again.
But overall, I think Britain would more gain than loss by leaving.
If we can see that Britain gained more by leaving, this might start a lavine of countries leaving EU. I think most south european countries will be the first one. But yeah lets wait and see what happens. Many EU countries are not happy with all the legislation imposed on them.

Excellent news, although we will have to wait as the recent PMI showed a negative reading, but then we also had the Bank of England's report stating that we haven't seen a slowdown in the economy.

No other country will leave the EU. There is no government that will call for a referendum amongst European states, and the fact that support for an overall majority to win a vote amongst the people is not there. Support has actually risen for the EU in countries that were tagged for an exit.

Back
Top Bottom