What's new

Friendship of 21st century: India Japan

SR-91

Reaction score
Country
India
There is no doubt in anyone's mind, India and Japan's will forge a new kind of partnership/friendship that will touch the hearts of many. Mr. PM Modi is in Japan right now.
Here is, how it begins:

Japan PM ABE flew down to Kyoto, in a special gesture, to meet Mr. Modi.

images

modi40.jpg

Harsh V Pant: The Modi-Abe connection | Business Standard Column

PM Modi, Abe meet over dinner, pitch for robust future in ties - Firstpost

Modi, Abe strike chord, India hopes ties reach full potential - OdishaSunTimes.com

PM Modi arrives in Japan; eyes breakthrough deals in infra, nuclear pact - Firstbiz

India, Japan sign MoU to develop Varanasi into 'smart city' - The Times of India

Panasonic, Tata join hands in water treatment for Asian market: report - The China Post

India, Japan set to intensify defence cooperation - The Economic Times

Bullet trains expected to be on agenda during PM Modi's Japan visit - IBNLive

Narendra Modi Japan Visit: More Hype About Elusive Nuclear Deal as Ever |
Microfinance Monitor | Microfinance Monitor

Japan Turns To India For Rare Earth Supplies

This thread is about India and Japan, leave everybody else out of it.

Last edited:
Under the leadership of Modi, india will grow stronger. Modi is a real "yug-purush".

LOL.....Modi Bhakts were jumping on the so called "chemistry" b/w India-Japan - Indi-Japni bhai-bhai BS........

But this is the reality:

No Nuclear Deal In PM Modi's Talks With Japanese Premier Shinzo Abe

What PM Abe has given to India is a LOLWA.

Hopes of striking a nuclear energy deal at the summit similar to an accord reached with the United States in 2008 had faded in the run-up to Modi's visit. Still, the leaders said there had been "significant progress" in negotiations.

Japan wants explicit guarantees from India, which has not signed the nuclear non-proliferation treaty, to limit atomic tests and allow closer inspection of its facilities to ensure that spent fuel is not used to make bombs.

Japanese firms also want clarity on nuclear disaster compensation, especially after the 2011 Fukushima catastrophe.

Japan, India vow to boost strategic ties during summit| Reuters

Two important things, that Indians should be aware of!

I was so wrong @sancho earlier, but now i have remove my blindfold............

But you can't fight so many STOOGES of Modi who blindly BELIEVES in what he does or doesn't.

Wrong on what? I actually didn't meant anything against Modi, but to point out that relations to Japan has their own difficulties for us. The part that no nuclear pact was achieved came from you. ;)

Wrong on what? I actually didn't meant anything against Modi, but to point out that relations to Japan has their own difficulties for us. The part that no nuclear pact was achieved came from you. ;)
I am not really worried about Nuclear pact, the thing I want the most from this deal is their help in creating good industrial and R&D base in India. We need a healthy work ethic base in India, which so far is no where to be seen. The mentality of "it will happen, when it is suppose to happen," needs to change.

I am not really worried about Nuclear pact, the thing I want the most from this deal is their help in creating good industrial and R&D base in India. We need a healthy work ethic base in India, which so far is no where to be seen. The mentality of "it will happen, when it is suppose to happen," needs to change.

:) I am all for industrial help from Japan as well, although I am still against the obviousl political procurement of the US 2 at such high costs. But do you really think their work ethic can be diverted to us? India has it's own way, which has good and bad sides, but that won't change imo by doing it like others do. I guess we have to progress and find our own improved way and the huge ammount of young people with different points of views that the last generation will contribute much on that.

Last edited:
:) I am all for industrial help from Japan as well, although I am still against the obviousl political procurement of the US 2 at such high costs. But do you really think their work etic can be diverted to us? India has it's own way, which has good and bad sides, but that won't change imo by doing it like others do. I guess we have to progress and find our own improved way and the huge ammount of young people with different points of views that the last generation will contribute much on that.
The US-2 deal, I am just going to overlook it, main reason being it is more of trust building thing than anything. I don't believe that even the navy nor the government has too much expectation from the aircraft.The main reason this deal went through is because we wanted to show support toward Japan's opening of its defense sector. Whether we played it correctly or not, depends on how much of developmental help we get from Japan whether it be aid or direct help to our agencies in R&D.

Back
Top Bottom