What's new

French Armed Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.
French army Caracal Helicopter. How many will be ordered for French armed forces?
caracal.jpg

French Eurotiger
Eurotiger.jpg

Yes i heard about it. I don't think it was that bad to be honest to deserve such a punishment. Prison?? hmmmm....sometimes those at the top make rather rash decisions.
Reminds me of what hapened to one of our own elite paratrooper 3 years ago, he was chased by military courts for punching a fleeing Taliban suspect and subsequently lost his job.
Fury of a hero betrayed: Para prosecuted for punching a Taliban suspect who was trying to escape speaks out for the first time | Daily Mail Online

Taking 'Human rights' to a whole new level.......Pathetic.
' Lions led by Donkeys' fits perfectly here.:disagree:
Not exactly. He was sacked, became depressive and alcoholic and tried to hold up a shop.

@mike, Halloweene is right on the order which I inverted without thinking about it.
The guy might have been somewhat unruly in any case but I still believe anything
over a reprimand to be erroneous, especially on gear as due to lack of budget, ma-
ny of our deployed men complete their gear with personal stuff to be fully equipped.

But in general ( pun intended ), I do think that there is a bit of discrepancy between the
rules of conduct for small things and the job to be done. Being professional should not
hide that this is still war., not a well to do social gathering. War isn't meant to be that clean.

Does anyone know if ISIL has a deontology code for their guys' behaviour, for instance?
Just wonderin' Tay.

LOL! Top FB contacts, top industry contacts and first hand accounts, you're a beast, mec!

Wink indeed huh? :-)

And good evening all, Tay.

P.S. Oh! BTW, H. : Trudeau is coming in tonight so maybe Rafalous sur l'Arctique?

Eh.... isn't he the son of Trudeau ?
He'll maybe "faire un geste" for his overseas cousins. 8-)

Eh.... isn't he the son of Trudeau ?
He'll maybe "faire un geste" for his overseas cousins.

He is Gab but Trudeau wasn't that francophile himself … having studied in England :p:
The important thing is that he promised to cancel the F-35 buy for budgetary reasons and
open a competition for F-15, F-18, Eurofighter and of very course Rafale.
On top of which, Dassault has the most comprehensive disclosed offer so far :
Justin Trudeau vows to scrap F-35 fighter jet program - Politics - CBC News
F-35's French rival pitches 'Canadianized' fighter jet - Politics - CBC News

With a majority from yesterday, all he needs is to keep his promise …
which as we all know is not a given by far where politicians are concerned?

;) Tay.

Last edited:
MAN! That above pic with the P could have been taken when I was serving
save for soldiers gear and modern optics on the turret.
I really like stuff like it, my VABs or the Pums seen last year on the Tonnerre
that could have been there for 30+ years.

Three cheers for rugged sturdy tools and Danke sehr, Bundeswehr! :agree:
Tay.

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken Carach Angren. at least some of the winter pics from your first of these two posts
come from exercises in either Norway or Denmark.
If you have more when it happens next time please, don't hesitate to post them here!

Mange Takk, Tay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom