What's new

Four Lions (2010)

Gentle Typhoon

Reaction score
Four-Lions-Quad.jpg

Controversial film on terrorism, Been a while since I laughed so much at such terrible things.

It is far from an attack on Islam but is instead a heartening and humanist attempt to understand actions that are beyond comprehension to most people. I personally didn't find the idea of the film distasteful and I think anyone who might be shocked or outraged should watch it because the ending certainly isn't funny.

IMDb - Four Lions (2010)

The movie brings out many good and intresting points e.g. the real muslim brothers who are always targetted with suspicion are in no way discussing terrorism or anything like that. This is shown by the brother of the protagonist and his group.

On the other hand its the outsiders of the muslim community who fall into the wrong path e.g. teenagers, newly converted extremists and gullible characters. These people who have one mastermind behind them are the real criminals who usually arouse no suspicion from the outsider.

I personally liked the movie though i know many Muslims will take it the wrong way. The ending was pretty sad though.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom