What's new

First Look: Ruger AR-556

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Ruger’s new AR-556 marks the company’s first M4-style rifle with a direct impingement gas system.

The best part of all: The AR-556 is manufactured by Ruger in the USA and you won’t have to refinance your house to own one. At an expected retail price of $599, Ruger is making it easier than ever for people to get into the AR-15 platform without breaking the bank.

The Ruger AR-556 has anodized upper and lower receivers, both of which are forged from 7075-T6 aluminum. Lower components include a single stage trigger, a beavertail grip, an enlarged trigger guard and a six-position collapsible stock on a mil-spec buffer tube.

Its upper receiver features a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector. The upper also houses an oxide-finished bolt carrier group with a staked gas key and a 9310 alloy steel bolt.

Chambered for .223 Rem./5.56 NATO, its 16.1-inch barrel is cold hammer-forged from 4140 chome-moly steel and has M4 feed ramps. The barrel has a 1-in-8-inch twist, capable of stabilizing 35- to 77-grain bullets. Barrel contours measure .850-inches under the handguard, .750-inches at the gas block, and .700-inches from the gas block to the 1/2″-28 threaded muzzle with a Ruger flash suppressor.

The AR-556′s folding rear polymer sight is adjustable for windage, while its A2-style front sight is elevation adjustable with an included front sight tool. A pinned gas block has multiple sling attachment points, a QD port and a bayonet lug.

The most unique feature of the AR-556 is a proprietary barrel nut with a threaded delta ring for simple handguard removal. Ruger’s patent-pending barrel nut design accepts standard handguards and uses a standard-sized barrel nut wrench. It’s also interchangeable with mil-spec barrel nuts if so desired.

During initial testing, the Ruger AR-556 repeatedly hit a 6-inch steel plate offhand at 100 yards with standard factory sights.

Ruger’s affordable new AR-15 is packed with quality features and also includes a 30-round Magpul PMAG. At an expected retail price of $599, we anticipate users buying this rifle and customizing it as they please with aftermarket accessories and optics.

Read more: First Look: Ruger AR-556 | Guns & Ammo
c4da11bfd580ac78e2d922b7c6971c43.jpg

be09c6266bccf32cbaf6483c83a32d7a.jpg

8f568ba1a8272e619590c26810f85654.jpg

55278f839420e24127ccc02a0144a5b4.jpg

3b9e7f800d6000e1e2fe130383632795.jpg

bd0a0a934575a3c979b60f76bf4e8166.jpg

@Horus @Slav Defence @balixd @Kaan @Neptune @nair @AUSTERLITZ @Indos @fatman17 @Luftwaffe @Arsalan @ajpirzada @Abu Zolfiqar and others

7816856b4cd4bb998a52e6a2cb65909b.jpg

386cda532292f502283b45992e42fac9.jpg

238fdd503db01b68c59a861edfd3a894.jpg

@Zarvan man I have money to burn but I am unable to find reliable shops around Rawalpindi/Isb and these days its hard for me to get M-16A3.

@Zarvan man I have money to burn but I am unable to find reliable shops around Rawalpindi/Isb and these days its hard for me to get M-16A3.
Well when it comes to buying weapons in Pakistan I think @DESERT FIGHTER @Icarus and others would be of more help to you Sir by the way Darra Adam khel is always the option

Well when it comes to buying weapons in Pakistan I think DESERT FIGHTER Icarus and others would be of more help to you Sir by the way Darra Adam khel is always the option

Looking for reliable product my man by the way how terrible it is i found Glock 17/19 generation 4 around $800 CAD but the problem is bringing it home a lengthy process and the price in Pakistan are 4X.

Looking for reliable product my man by the way how terrible it is i found Glock 17/19 generation 4 around $800 CAD but the problem is bringing it home a lengthy process and the price in Pakistan are 4X.
Yes Sir Prices are too high but when you have passion you find the way Pakistan needs to make it easy to buy Assault Rifles legally I would love to have at least 6

Yes Sir Prices are too high but when you have passion you find the way Pakistan needs to make it easy to buy Assault Rifles legally I would love to have at least 6

I can spare a thousand dollars every month but I am unable to find proper market in Pak and unable to import legally from Canada/US like I said process is long and in Pakistan its just waste of money unless one is waderay ka beta. I've my dream list.

Well getting Assault Rifles is difficult and I hope its get easier I would like to have at least 6 one Colt M4 one HK 36 one HK 416 and one FN SCAR and two Type 56 used by our Forces

I can spare a thousand dollars every month but I am unable to find proper market in Pak and unable to import legally from Canada/US like I said process is long and in Pakistan its just waste of money unless one is waderay ka beta. I've my dream list.
Well than you need to find a Sifarish to get the permit from PM so you can buy Assault Rifle in Pakistan

Ruger’s new AR-556 marks the company’s first M4-style rifle with a direct impingement gas system.

The best part of all: The AR-556 is manufactured by Ruger in the USA and you won’t have to refinance your house to own one. At an expected retail price of $599, Ruger is making it easier than ever for people to get into the AR-15 platform without breaking the bank.

The Ruger AR-556 has anodized upper and lower receivers, both of which are forged from 7075-T6 aluminum. Lower components include a single stage trigger, a beavertail grip, an enlarged trigger guard and a six-position collapsible stock on a mil-spec buffer tube.

Its upper receiver features a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector. The upper also houses an oxide-finished bolt carrier group with a staked gas key and a 9310 alloy steel bolt.

Chambered for .223 Rem./5.56 NATO, its 16.1-inch barrel is cold hammer-forged from 4140 chome-moly steel and has M4 feed ramps. The barrel has a 1-in-8-inch twist, capable of stabilizing 35- to 77-grain bullets. Barrel contours measure .850-inches under the handguard, .750-inches at the gas block, and .700-inches from the gas block to the 1/2″-28 threaded muzzle with a Ruger flash suppressor.

The AR-556′s folding rear polymer sight is adjustable for windage, while its A2-style front sight is elevation adjustable with an included front sight tool. A pinned gas block has multiple sling attachment points, a QD port and a bayonet lug.

The most unique feature of the AR-556 is a proprietary barrel nut with a threaded delta ring for simple handguard removal. Ruger’s patent-pending barrel nut design accepts standard handguards and uses a standard-sized barrel nut wrench. It’s also interchangeable with mil-spec barrel nuts if so desired.

During initial testing, the Ruger AR-556 repeatedly hit a 6-inch steel plate offhand at 100 yards with standard factory sights.

Ruger’s affordable new AR-15 is packed with quality features and also includes a 30-round Magpul PMAG. At an expected retail price of $599, we anticipate users buying this rifle and customizing it as they please with aftermarket accessories and optics.

Read more: First Look: Ruger AR-556 | Guns & Ammo
View attachment 98366
View attachment 98367
View attachment 98368
View attachment 98369
View attachment 98370
View attachment 98371
@Horus @Slav Defence @balixd @Kaan @Neptune @nair @AUSTERLITZ @Indos @fatman17 @Luftwaffe @Arsalan @ajpirzada @Abu Zolfiqar and others

View attachment 98377
View attachment 98378
View attachment 98379

Damn for $599 you get Ruger 556 with forward assist and dust cover. You don't get that with S&W M&P 15 sports. The sights almost look like magpul too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom