What's new

First female fighter pilot in the world

Grand-Vizier

Reaction score
Sabiha gokcen

Sabiha Gökçen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sabiha Gökçen (March 22, 1913, Bursa – March 22, 2001, Ankara) was a Turkish aviatrix. According to the Air University, she was the world's first female fighter pilot, and the first Turkish female combat pilot, aged 23.She was one of the eight adopted children of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk.

Sabiha-G%C3%B6k%C3%A7en-and-plane.jpg

180px-Sabiha_g%C3%B6k%C3%A7en.jpg

Sabiha gokcen

Sabiha Gökçen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sabiha Gökçen (March 22, 1913, Bursa – March 22, 2001, Ankara) was a Turkish aviatrix. According to the Air University, she was the world's first female fighter pilot, and the first Turkish female combat pilot, aged 23.She was one of the eight adopted children of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk.

She was an Armenian orphan adopted by Ataturk....her real name was Hatun Sebiliciyan. Regardless she grew up as a Turk.

But who was Sabiha Gökçen? Turk or Armenian as some have claimed? . .

GÜL DEMİR and NIKI GAMM
ISTANBUL - Turkish Daily News
August 4, 2007

Three years ago, the late Armenian newspaper editor Hrant Dink started a controversy in Turkey by writing in his paper, Agos that the revered Sabiha Gökçen was actually of Armenian origins. According to the 2004 article in his newspaper, he had spoken with Gökçen's nephew who claimed that she had actually been an Armenian orphan who was adopted out of an orphanage and whose real name was Hatun Sebiliciyan. Other newspapers took up the subject and created a storm as the pros and cons of the argument were debated. Some people have even gone so far as to suggest Dink's printing the claim of her being Armenian was one of the main causes of his assassination on January 19.

But who was Sabiha Gökçen? Turk or Armenian? Today she is remembered more for having her name on Istanbul's second international airport than for her exploits during the first half of the last century. She was born March 21, 1913 in Bursa, a dusty backwater Anatolian town more famous for its glorious peaches than anything else. Being brought up in miserable living conditions didn't stop her from knowing what she wanted from life, so at age 12 she asked to meet Atatürk when he was going to travel through the region and there she let him know that she wanted to be placed in a boarding school.....

She was an Armenian orphan adopted by Ataturk....her real name was Hatun Sebiliciyan. Regardless she grew up as a Turk.

I know as a mod I shouldn't be sarcastic but I just can't help myself from posting this imagine

fascinating_please_continue.jpg

On more serious part,

Name:Sabiha

Surname: Gökçen

Date of Birth: 22 March 1913

Place of Birth: Bursa/Ottoman Empire, later Türkiye

Father: Mustafa İzzet Bey (Muslims didn't have surnames at Ottoman times and males used ''Bey'', females used ''hanım'' one means Mr and other means lady.)

Mother: Hayriye Hanım

P.S: The ''claim'' was about a women who declared herself as the nephew of Sabiha Gökçen and claimed that she was an Armenian who was adopted by Mustafa Kemal at age of 6. Which is ridiculus because Sabiha Gökçen was 12 years old when she was adopted by Mustafa Kemal, after 10 years later at the age of 22 she made her first flight and at the age of 24 she made her first combat mission. These are facts... Not fantasy history of a ridiculus old lady...

And her father was a member of ''Young Turks''... I believe you are familiar with that political organisation.

And her father was a member of ''Young Turks''... I believe you are familiar with that political organisation.

Her parents were massacred by the CUP and she was one of many adopted daughters of Ataturk.....good thing she was good at what was required of her or she would have been killed like her other adopted orphan sister in flight school.....Mamluks no?

I would have normally not believe this but since the truth/or conspiracy is coming out of Turkey itself and the fact that there were many Armenian orphans during this dark times of Turkey then it can be very much possible.

The fact that Turks are trying so hard to dismiss this makes it worst....if ignored then no one would have cared including me.

HAHAHAHH TYPICAL GREEK , ARMENIAN SYNDROME :rofl::rofl:

HER NAME IS PROPER TURKISH NAME , SHE DONT LOOK ARMENIAN , YOU SHOW A BLOODY ARTICLE WRITTEN BY AN ARMENIAN.

TOMOROWW A TURKISH WRITER , WILL WRITE USA IS ACTUALLY TURKISH LAND AND WRITE SOME BS .

The oficial data clearly shows Sabiha came from a Turkish family. An internet article written by an Armenian cannot disregard that fact.

After the death of Hrant Dink we all became Armenians, are we still or not i'm confused?:lol:
Jokes aside, i regret that a lowlife fanatic murdered Dink. That is why education among our youngsters should be a top priority.

every successful Turk is an Armenian of course, too bad she was a proud officer of Turkish Air force

and too bad i have a personal life, I'd LOVE mocking you all day long

^^^You Turks are proving my point by getting so defensive over this. lol
again, this news its not fabricated by Armenians outside Turkey but it originated from Turkish news outlets, you guys should know if you live in Turkey.
and I could care less if she was Armenian or Turk, but when you guys over react like this then....lol sounds like desperate attempt to hide a lie.

After the death of Hrant Dink we all became Armenians, are we still or not i'm confused?:lol:
Jokes aside, i regret that a lowlife fanatic murdered Dink. That is why education among our youngsters should be a top priority.

Hrant Dink murderer Ogun Samast was covered in a Turkish flag by the smiling police for what he did....this was a planned murder for insulting turkishness (your collective).

^^^You Turks are proving my point by getting so defensive over this. lol
again, this news its not fabricated by Armenians outside Turkey but it originated from Turkish news outlets, you guys should know if you live in Turkey.
and I could care less if she was Armenian or Turk, but when you guys over react like this then....lol sounds like desperate attempt to hide a lie.

And where is your proof?

Back
Top Bottom