What's new

First Al-Khalid 1 unit formed

Status
Not open for further replies.
READ AL KHALID1 and NOT Al Khalid

300 AK and 21 AK-1. Those 21 include small batch production tanks.

Those 110 Engines are now delivered and Pakistan is set to produce 110 Al Khalid 1 in coming years (already producing). On IDEAS we signed MOU with Ukraine for more 200 Al Khalid 2 engines.

https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/hea...us-with-ukraine-turkey-and-others-on-2nd-day/

We are looking to mass produce 310 more Al Khalids while 320 are already produced totaling 620+ Al Khalids in near future.

Not all engines acquired from Ukrainian supplier(s) are used in tank production (Some are retained as spare engines).

Not all engines acquired from Ukrainian supplier(s) are used in tank production (Some are retained as spare engines).
So is there any time line or final target about tank production?

Like how many will be produced in how much time?

So is there any time line or final target about tank production?

Like how many will be produced in how much time?

300 AK (probably 15 units) produced, 105 AK-1 (5 units) in production.

What I am aware of, HIT had to produce 21 MBTs by the end of 2013. However, delay in engine contract (for 110 engines) with Ukraine resulted in production going to as low as 2 AK-1 a year.

The normal for HIT is one unit a year. So, if things go well, AK-1 production will finish by the end of 2019.

Last edited:
Can already built Al-Khalid MBTs be converted to Al-Khalid II standard?
There is no Al Khalid II only two version would be operational Al Khalid and Al Khalid 1.
Another Tank design under study probably with the name of Haider which would be heavy weight class tank.

There is no Al Khalid II only two version would be operational Al Khalid and Al Khalid 1.
Another Tank design under study probably with the name of Haider which would be heavy weight class tank.

Edited can u answer it now? I meant to say that but with less words..

Edited can u answer it now? I meant to say that but with less words..
Probably electronics only but major changes like new ERA and main gun would be very expensive and time taking effort which I believe HIT and P.A don't want for now but may be in future they would upgrade Al Khalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom