What's new

Favourite English TV shows

Your Favorite Shows from the following

• Total voters
The Last Kingdom is an adaptation of Bernard Cornwell's Saxon Stories.

Was rather disappointed in the series to be honest. It is by no means bad but its way below the potential it had. One major issue I had is the ease with which the Anglo-Saxons and the Norse interact with each other. Its as if every Saxon born in England is fluent in the Norse language at birth and vice versa.

The Last Kingdom is pretty good. I like history/pseudo-history more than fantasy.

EE20480C-E47B-3170-4E98CB053CB7EC01.jpg

I am looking for a good movie/tv series on the Hundred Years War. Any recommendations..?

The.Shannara.Chronicles.

I didnt like it, too childish for me. Far better sci-fi and fantasy series with adult themes are premièring .

The Magicians - Kind of Adult and screwed version of Harry Potter.
The Expanse - Based on one of my favorite series of Sci-Fi novel
Childhood's end - Based on a classic Aurthur C Clarke Story

The others which i liked are

- War and Peace
- The man in the high castle
- Jessica Jones

The Last Kingdom is pretty good. I like history/pseudo-history more than fantasy.

EE20480C-E47B-3170-4E98CB053CB7EC01.jpg

I am looking for a good movie/tv series on the Hundred Years War. Any recommendations..?

Game of Thrones?? GRRM lifted it from 100 years war.

About the others there is Richard III starring benedict cumberbatch coming on in '16 on BBC

Is there anyone who still watch friend sometimes.
Could it "be" any better.

About the others there is Richard III starring benedict cumberbatch coming on in '16 on BBC

Thanks, but no dragons and shyte mate.. I am specifically looking for battles of Black Prince, John Chandos etc. like Poitiers, Crecy.. As also the mercenaries in Italy like Sir John Hawkwood. I have seen a couple of old movies, but am looking for a grander spectacle made on a good budget. Richard III seems interesting..!

Dickensian

Beowulf.Return.To.The.Shieldlands

Mozart.In.The.Jungle.S02

Sherlock.The.Abominable.Bride

I didnt like it, too childish for me. Far better sci-fi and fantasy series with adult themes are premièring .

The Magicians - Kind of Adult and screwed version of Harry Potter.
The Expanse - Based on one of my favorite series of Sci-Fi novel
Childhood's end - Based on a classic Aurthur C Clarke Story

The others which i liked are

- War and Peace
- The man in the high castle
- Jessica Jones

cross among
legend of the seeker / lot rings/ revolution / dominion

there is no one favourite from the list about half of them i like.but if i have to choose one it has to be either prison break or Breaking bad both r grt. GOT is too slow n overrated.
if u r sci-fi fan watch out for Colony,legends of tomorrow and 11.22.63

Back
Top Bottom