What's new

Favorite Childhood Role Models

N/A

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
So I created this lighthearted tread so members of this forum can share there current or childhood role models - a great opportunity for members to connect and know a little more about each other.

My current role models:
66787_309530352498117_575186927_n.jpg

Even though Quaid did not know Urdu his passion for Pakistan was enough to connect to people who could not understand him thoroughly and create the nation of Pakistan. Jinnah proved that in order to be successful language, race, or nationality are nothing compared to dedication and faith in oneself. Quaid's motto of Unity, Faith, and Discipline have become a personal mantra for myself. The meaning behind Quaid's famous quote of "With faith, discipline and selfless devotion to duty, there is nothing worthwhile that you cannot achieve" is one that sends chills down the back of many. Quaid taught me that important lesson of if you can dream it you can achieve it.

images (2).jpg

The chivalrous act of Squadron Leader Sarfaraz Ahmed Rafiqui is one straight from a fictional book, but in reality his courage went down in history. After Squadron Leader Rafiqui shot down one Hunter aircraft, his guns jammed due to a defect and stopped firing upon which he refused to leave the battle area as he would have been perfectly justified to do; he, instead ordered his No. 2 to take over as leader and continue the engagement with the enemy. He himself now took up a defensive position in the formation in an attempt to give his fellow comrades protection. Squadron Leader Rafiqui thus provided an exemplary example of leadership in battle and displayed courage in the face of exceptionally strong opposition. Mr Rafiqui showed me as Pakistanis we don't run away even if the odds are in our favor, but instead we fight till the last drop of blood.

i asekd before i ask again, how exactly he martyred? did he smash his aircraft or his plane was shot down ?
or he was shot down on way to smash his planes on parked indian planes on that base,,,?

i asekd before i ask again, how exactly he martyred? did he smash his aircraft or his plane was shot down ?
or he was shot down on way to smash his planes on parked indian planes on that base,,,?
"On 6 September 1965, Squadron Leader Sarfaraz Ahmad Rafiqui led a formation of 3 F-86 aircraft on a strike against Halwara airfield. The formation was intercepted by about 10 Hunter aircraft out of which Squadron Leader Rafiqui accounted for one in the first few seconds. But then his guns jammed due to a defect and stopped firing. However, Rafiqui refused to leave the battle area which he would have been perfectly justified to do; instead he ordered his No. 2 to take over as leader and continue the engagement while he tried to give the formation as much protection as was possible with an unarmed aircraft. This called on the part of Squadron Leader Rafiqui. The end for him was never in doubt but he chose to disregard it and, in the process, his aircraft was shot down and he was killed but not before enabling his formation to shoot down 3 more Hunter aircraft. Rafiqui’s conduct was clearly beyond the call of duty and conformed to the highest traditions of leadership and bravery in battle against overwhelming odds. For this and his earlier exploits, he is awarded Hilal-i-Jurat and Sitara-i-Jurat" PAKISTAN AIR FORCE - Official website

"On 6 September 1965, Squadron Leader Sarfaraz Ahmad Rafiqui led a formation of 3 F-86 aircraft on a strike against Halwara airfield. The formation was intercepted by about 10 Hunter aircraft out of which Squadron Leader Rafiqui accounted for one in the first few seconds. But then his guns jammed due to a defect and stopped firing. However, Rafiqui refused to leave the battle area which he would have been perfectly justified to do; instead he ordered his No. 2 to take over as leader and continue the engagement while he tried to give the formation as much protection as was possible with an unarmed aircraft. This called on the part of Squadron Leader Rafiqui. The end for him was never in doubt but he chose to disregard it and, in the process, his aircraft was shot down and he was killed but not before enabling his formation to shoot down 3 more Hunter aircraft. Rafiqui’s conduct was clearly beyond the call of duty and conformed to the highest traditions of leadership and bravery in battle against overwhelming odds. For this and his earlier exploits, he is awarded Hilal-i-Jurat and Sitara-i-Jurat" PAKISTAN AIR FORCE - Official website
i u remember drama shapar... then it was depicted that hero's father (fighter pilot) died by crashing his air craft instead of surrender.. anyway tahnx

@SquadronLeaderDin - Good topic

My role models :

Swami_Vivekananda_Jaipur.jpg

1. Swami Vivekananda

Ramanujan.jpeg

2. Srinivasa Ramanujan

kalam2.jpg

3. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.

So many more actually.. but I will keep it limited to just three.

Last edited:
Insan ko apna role model khud banana chaheay.

So I created this lighthearted tread so members of this forum can share there current or childhood role models - a great opportunity for members to connect and know a little more about each other.

My current role models:
View attachment 252408
Even though Quaid did not know Urdu his passion for Pakistan was enough to connect to people who could not understand him thoroughly and create the nation of Pakistan. Jinnah proved that in order to be successful language, race, or nationality are nothing compared to dedication and faith in oneself. Quaid's motto of Unity, Faith, and Discipline have become a personal mantra for myself. The meaning behind Quaid's famous quote of "With faith, discipline and selfless devotion to duty, there is nothing worthwhile that you cannot achieve" is one that sends chills down the back of many. Quaid taught me that important lesson of if you can dream it you can achieve it.

View attachment 252414
The chivalrous act of Squadron Leader Sarfaraz Ahmed Rafiqui is one straight from a fictional book, but in reality his courage went down in history. After Squadron Leader Rafiqui shot down one Hunter aircraft, his guns jammed due to a defect and stopped firing upon which he refused to leave the battle area as he would have been perfectly justified to do; he, instead ordered his No. 2 to take over as leader and continue the engagement with the enemy. He himself now took up a defensive position in the formation in an attempt to give his fellow comrades protection. Squadron Leader Rafiqui thus provided an exemplary example of leadership in battle and displayed courage in the face of exceptionally strong opposition. Mr Rafiqui showed me as Pakistanis we don't run away even if the odds are in our favor, but instead we fight till the last drop of blood.
Jinnah is so paaru ,cutu

so your a tennis and F1 guy sir :azn:

I used to be. Don't watch either now.

This guy is currently the guy I have been rooting for over the past 15 odd years. But since I was already 30 then, I can hardly qualify him as my "childhood" hero. Besides the fact that he's 8 years younger than I am.

1678590-35570357-2560-1440.jpg

Back
Top Bottom