What's new

Fateh Submarine | News & Discussions

Note the average depth in the Persian Gulf.

The Persian Gulf is generally very shallow (50m average), with two deeper basins going down to depths of 60 and 90 metres respectively. By comparison, while the average depth of the Baltic Sea is a similar 55m, its maximum depth is 459m. Having said that, in the Gulf, the shallows tend to be nearer to the non-Iranian coasts than to the Iranian coasts. The most relevant portion of the Persian Gulf is obviously the Strait of Hormouz, which is the deep end, relatively spreaking. An SSN wouldn't have to venture deeply into the Gulf to guard the Strait. Or it could dash in and out (which it can do much better than an SSK). To fire land attack missiles, an SSN doesn't need to leave the Gulf of Oman. Or could even be in Red Sea or the Mediterranean, of the coasts of e.g. Israel or Turkey or Saudi Arabia/Egypt. Mini-subs and small submarines could well be intended for use in blockading non-Iranian ports and oil terminals, rather than going head on with large SSKs or SSNs. Fighting them would probably not be a task for SSNs or SSKs, but rather for ASW ships, aircraft and helicopters.
PersianGulf-Map-Depth.jpg

PersianGulf-Map-Hormuz.jpg

csba-range-slide-iran.jpg

Operational ranges:
Block II TLAM-A – 1,350 nmi (1,550 mi; 2,500 km)
Block III TLAM-C, Block IV TLAM-E – 900 nmi (1,000 mi; 1,700 km)
Block III TLAM-D – 700 nmi (810 mi; 1,300 km)

PERSIAN+GULF+OIL+FIELDS+image.gif

Last edited:
Baltic and North Sea depth chart, for comparison. In the North Sea, average depth is 95m and maximum depth 700m.
bshcmod.png

And Northern European Shelf
NORTH.png

Are you hinting at Penguin?? lmao!!

He is the only one who is making sense in this thread and he is being attacked,lmao!!!
If he makes sense for you, that is OK.
He does not make sense for me very often, just have a look at our conversation about the Fateh submarine. He brings up all other kinds of submarines, making it look like a submarine study. He came up with nothing new to me. There are those statments from Iranian Admirals (The real thing) and his gratuitous speculations about what is or what is not technology-wise is being part of the Iranian submarines. I can believe him if he was in any shape or form part of the design team, otherwise, his words are meaningless to me when compared with the words coming from full time Admirals of the iranian navy.

If he makes sense for you, that is OK.
He does not make sense for me very often, just have a look at our conversation about the Fateh submarine. He brings up all other kinds of submarines, making it look like a submarine study. He came up with nothing new to me. There are those statments from Iranian Admirals (The real thing) and his gratuitous speculations about what is or what is not technology-wise is being part of the Iranian submarines. I can believe him if he was in any shape or form part of the design team, otherwise, his words are meaningless to me when compared with the words coming from full time Admirals of the iranian navy.
20120805-193015.jpg

Last edited:

Open to speculations? that is ok with me, but to a certain point.
Who one should believe depends on ones own experience, education, logic and rationnality. This is why arguing for the sake of it is not good, it brings no tangible results. But arguing on a specific theme from different angles is OK.
Like the Fateh submarine, I had information for a few years now about its general specs, that is the only thing available and you want to argue about it and compare with other specific items, that is not for me. The information you are providing most of the time are familiar to me, so it is a bit boring.
If you have any additional info about the Fateh Sumarine, you are welcome to discuss it, otherwise, you will be feeding me with information I already know of.
Hope you understand.

I was still puzzeled by the helicopter aboard the Loghman model.

Loghman-frigate-Class.jpg

Came across SABA 248 in an other thread. This appears a cross between Harbin Z9 and Shahed 278, which is a development of the Shabaviz 2061, itself a non-licensed Iranian copy of the Bell 206. The original poster stated is was the new Iranian sea helicopter. Judge for yourself
Iran shahed 278 helicopter | Page 5

302176_752.jpg

IMG_7902_copy.jpg

Iran Military Day 2014 - Tehran (expanded coverage) TEHRAN, TEHRAN PROVINCEScale replica of planned IRINS Persian Gulf (xx) Loghman class warship

Photo credits:
Worrior at Military.ir
Islamic Republic News Agency
Masreghnews.ir
Javad Hadi, Saeed Faramarzi at Mehr News Agency
Mahmood Hosseini, Efran Kouchari at Tasnim News Agency
Shahriar Shams at Iranian Labour News Agency
Mahdi Marizad at Fars News Agency.

Uskowi on Iran - اسکویی در باره ایران: Iran Military Day 2014 - Tehran (expanded coverage)

IMG_0492~0.jpg

14_8606310461_L600.jpg

Last edited:
@Penguin SABA does not look remotely similar to the helicopter on loghman. Could that loghman heli also be a project? It's possible but I have not see/heard anything about it.

Now with regards to loghman, I initially thought it was a destroyer which they are saying it's for training for propaganda purposes, but now I look at it, It's still not that much more decently protected and seems to lacks stealth characteristics. I think an Iranian destroyer >6000 tons will come after loghman.

@Penguin

I would not take that helicopter mockup very seriously. If it was a real project, we would have heard something by now.

Reading known and digested knowledge, is boring and adds no new knowledge. That is, I am against limitations, so go find a different poster and I will comment on it again, I am ending up expecting it.

Reading known and digested knowledge, is boring and adds no new knowledge. That is, I am against limitations, so go find a different poster and I will comment on it again, I am ending up expecting it.
Yes, you are soooo superior, aren't you. Goodbye

superior.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom