F-16 Fighter Sale To Pakistan Could Involve 80 Air

Bilal Hussain Khan

New Recruit

Reaction score
http://aviationnow.ecnext.com/free-scripts...rticle=PAK10135

You'll need to buy the article to get the full version, but it apparently says;
===========================

F-16 fighter sale to Pakistan could involve 80 aircraft

The Bush administration has quietly told Congress that it wants to sell 80 new and used F-16 Fighting Falcons to Pakistan, a number considerably higher than expected. Under the proposed deal, Pakistan would receive 55 new Lockheed Martin-built jets and 25 used ones, a congressional aide said Oct. 12. The used aircraft would come from European members of the NATO alliance. In addition, 32 F-16s already owned by Pakistan would receive mid-life updates, the aide said. (Aerospace Daily & Defense Report)
============================

There's a reason why I always say wait for a PAF officer to speak, and do not listen to Times of India when it concerns Pakistan. Wait till the end of the month or when the deal is officially announced for details, because this is just another teaser.

PAF has to focus on F16MLU.....because their performance to cost ratio is higher than that of F16blk50/52 :plane:

Well said, the Time of India and couple other news sources are very bias and shouldn't be trusted.

I am just curious about the models of F-16s and certain specifications. The specifications of major parts of the aircraft will surely make the difference in performance.

It would be too good if Pakistan would acquire F-16 Block 60, maybe in small numbers but they will be act as an awesome front line fighters. If you have not noted Pakistani ACM and AVM visited UAE a couple months ago, that makes me think.. Hmm, maybe couple of parts from Block 60 will be acquired for our Block 50s.

Well said, the Time of India and couple other news sources are very bias and shouldn't be trusted.
We shouldn't really be trusting any sources that come from South Asia, in fact, there is more credibility with Aerospace daily, then there is with Times of India. Although, this is still a teaser, but it kinda does prove that new-built F-16s will be acquired, as well as used ones, numbers won't be disclosed until a deal is signed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom