What's new

F-15SE Silent Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARCHON

Reaction score
The Boeing F-15SE Silent Eagle is a proposed upgrade of the F-15E by Boeing using fifth generation fighter features, such as internal weapons carriage and radar-absorbent material.

f15c01b.jpg

General characteristics

* Crew: 2
* Length: 63.8 ft (19.43 m)
* Wingspan: 42.8 ft (13.05 m)
* Height: 18.5 ft (5.63 m)
* Wing area: 608 ft² (56.5 m²)
* Airfoil: NACA 64A006.6 root, NACA 64A203 tip
* Empty weight: 31,700 lb (14,300 kg)
* Max takeoff weight: 81,000 lb (36,700 kg)
* Powerplant: 2× Pratt & Whitney F100-229 afterburning turbofans, 29,000 lbf (129 kN) each

Performance

* Maximum speed: Mach 2.5+ (1,650+ mph, 2,650+ km/h)
* Combat radius: 800+ nm ()
* Ferry range: 2,400 mi (2,100 nmi, 3,900 km) with conformal fuel tank and three external fuel tanks
* Service ceiling: 60,000 ft (18,200 m)
* Rate of climb: 50,000+ ft/min (254+ m/s)

Armament

* 1× 20 mm (0.787 in) M61 Vulcan gatling gun with 510 rounds of ammunition
* Various bombs, missiles and external tanks.

Avionics

* APG-82 Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar
* DEWS Electronic warfare system
* Digital “Fly-by-Wire” Flight Control System (DFCS)
* Lockheed Martin Sniper advanced electro-optical targeting system and Infrared Search and Track (IRST) system
* Link-16 fighter data link

I wonder why this is not included in MRCA instead of F-18.
Its more deadly with more power and speed (better than the fighters competing in MRCA) and even got a AESA and now 5th gen. features like internal weapons bay and anti radar coatings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is F-15 a contender for MRCA tender?

How this is related to Indian defense?

Nope i suggest you read the post fully before posting something. I have clearly stated that.

I wonder why this is not included in MRCA instead of F-18.
Its more deadly with more power and speed (better than the fighters competing in MRCA) and even got a AESA and now 5th gen. features like internal weapons bay and anti radar coatings.

This is not included in MRCA because it does not fit in 1stM of MMRCA, plust it was boeing's decision to field F/A-18...and it is damn costly too...

Last edited:
It is a Air Superiority Fighter .
MRCA need to be excellent at ground Attacks(must) and then have Air to Air abilities.

MRCA=Multi Role Combat Aircraft

:)

Last edited:
F-15Eagle is a sole air superiority fighter, it has no business in a2g operations.

F-15Eagle is a sole air superiority fighter, it has no business in a2g operations.

No my friend... F15 is also used as an all-weather ground attack strike fighter and the variant is kown as F-15E Strike Eagle

F-15 Strike Eagle is a variant of the F-15 Eagle.

It is a Air Superiority Fighter .
MRCA need to be excellent at ground Attacks(must) and then have Air to Air abilities.

MRCA=Multi Role Combat Aircraft

:)

Similar to full stealth fighters, the F-15SE will have different roles and configurations in the opening phase of an air campaign and in the sustainment phase, after air superiority is achieved. Flying with full 'RCS Reduction Package' the F-15SE will be able to carry Air-to-Air (AIM-9 and AIM-120) missiles and air-to-ground munitions to include JDAM and SDB. The aircraft could be configured to F-15SE Multirole Capable aircraft in approximately two hours, providing long range weapon capability, employing missiles such as the SLAM-ER and Harpoon Block II missiles or any other type of weapon qualified for the Strike eagle. In this configuration the aircraft will retain a total fuel capacity of 34,700 lbs at a maximum takeoff gross weight of 81,000 lbs (carrying 29,500 lbs of payload).

DailyTech - Boeing Unveils F-15 "Silent Eagle" Details

The reason that Israel is ordering these and considering the upgrades it has done in F-15s and the collaboration of India has with Israel , i strongly believe it should have been considered.

The logic behind F-18 proposal maybe due to the fact that these upgrades are late ones much after the formal bids were happened.

Yes, thats correct that these changes were done quite late and bids were submitted quiet earlier.
Secondly in the past war scenarios F-15 has played mostly Air-Air roles for which it was designed. And that job is done by Su-30Mki in Indian Air force. For MRCA India is mainly looking for A2G role first and A2A in secondry role. Thats the reason Rafael and F-18 Super Hornet has more chances than other contendors (apart geo political issue).
F-15 Eagle can play A2G roles as well but it was sepcifically designed for A2A roles only. In same manner Su-30Mki can also be used for A2G role but it will not be as effective as Mirage 2K will be effective in A2G role, but if you see A2A role then vice versa is true.

Last edited:
If mrca list had F-15SE i would still prefer EF-2000/Rafale.

Last edited:
F15 SE is practically a 5th generation fighter. India would hand over the first one it receive to the Russians.

faithfulguy...the fear of proliferation is there..but what is there that can be done, for example indo-us nuclear deal russian is going to benefit from it but us did not take this serious point into account, probably because of us bankruptcy..

a question do we have a better chance of getting this bird than f35 if usa wants a balance of power in south asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom