What's new

Exposing Pakistani Talk Show hosts....

FireFighter

Reaction score
What do you guys think about the Talk show hosts and their affiliations with political party's and groups?

1. Dr Shahid Masood - I think he's a closet backer of the establishment, since he never criticizes or exposes the corrupt generals, he's always after other parties, particularly the PPP. Who knows he might have a soft corner for Jamat e Islami?? But one thing is for sure that he seems to be an honest fellow. His voice makes he sound like a depressed teenager with suicidal tendencies...But is he really a doctor?

2. Hamid Mir - I think he's one of the genuine n seasoned journalists in Pakistan. It's apparent that he's a staunch anti-dictator journalist and i personally like him. Apparently he does seem to have a soft corner for Baynazir's PPP, as he spends hours talking to the President Zardari sometimes. But never exposes their corruption so openly.

3. Javed Choudhry - I find him pretty annoying for his open bias against everyone but the Sharif Brothers which is quite visible in his shows. Listening to his butchered english accent and dented urdu coupled with his boring story tellings that he wrongly thinks mesmerizes the audience somehow, but one thing it does for sure is that it puts the allegedly corrupt guests in the back seat during the debate. His dislike for secular and corrupt parties the likes of PPP and MQM is apparent.

4. Kashif Abbassi - This man is notoriously known for "Lagai Bujhai" as he knows how to get the best and worst out of politicians during his show. Record amount of fights between politicians have broken out during his shows. He conceals his political bias the best, but he definitely has soft corner for Shaykh Rasheed. What's admiring about this fellow is that he's not afraid to ask bold questions and put the govn't in the back seat. I find him quite interesting cuz he's always bringing something new to the table and exposing weaknesses of the hosts.

5. Sana Bucha - She's there for her looks and support for the Sharif brothers. A die hard and closet supporter of the Sharif Brothers. She makes the Sharif brothers look so innocent and nice that they only opt to join her talk shows. Pretty much all interviews of the Sharif family have been recorded by her. I have come up with a nick name for her - Sharif's Angel . Enough said.

6. Mubashar Luqman - Two words describe him best: Brave and Batameez. He's not afraid to ask any kind of questions, knows how to put down his own guests with rude jokes, exposes everyone so well except MQM. he's a huge MQM defender, mind you he would risk his job for MQM. Never seen him criticize MQM and expose their violent side. With his big mouth he knows how to chew the corruption of PPP government officials, he respects the honest people openly and disrespects the corrupt - except MQM. Though no fond of the religious parties or religious talk... I wonder where he got the 2 karore sports car from? :police:

7. Kamran Shahid - big opportunist. One day he'll be praising Imran Khan, the next day he'll be on the anti-Imran bandwagon. What does that say? Well you can conclude he's a Rent-a-host. But one must admit he brings interesting and bold issues to the table, for ex he loves talking about sexual harrasment, I guess the poor lad probably missed the opportunity to flirt in University. An expert at setting up a religious vs secular liberal clash in his shows by bringing his favourite Mufti Kavi Sahab from a Fatwa Factory on board. :lol: One smart thing about this fellow is that he chooses his topics and guests so wisely and knows what questions stir up a good debate. Pretty impartial it seems as he has no soft corner for any party, but Veena Malik for sure...:tongue:

8. Meher Bukhari - A highly critical loud voice makes her show a lot more interesting for some, annoying for others. She deserves an award for her loudness and her proficiency in Urdu - it will put your Urdu to shame. She is loud and clever, with her long tongue knows how to slap the over zealous hosts back in their seats and push their buttons. Someones gotta ask her when is she going to stop hanging out with Africanics at the prime minister house with PPP ministers? :lol:

9. Jasmeen
- the Notorious blabber. blah blah blah...yell...pitched in high tone..blah blah. :argh::argh:Does anyone have a clue what the topic of her show is all about? I just lose my ears to her screams. Jasmeen auntie should make roti's, not talk shows. I would watch her cooking show with great enthusiasm.

Add more talk show hosts taht i missed. What do you guys have to say? Throw in your 50 paisas :D

Where is Najam Sethi? He is quiet good and knowledgeable with the inside scoop.

1. Dr Shahid Masood - I think he's a closet backer of the establishment, since he never criticizes or exposes the corrupt generals, he's always after other parties, particularly the PPP. Who knows he might have a soft corner for Jamat e Islami?? But one thing is for sure that he seems to be an honest fellow. His voice makes he sound like a depressed teenager with suicidal tendencies...But is he really a doctor?

yeah, he really is a doctor. But not a Ph.D doctor, he is MBBS but a nice guy.

5. Sana Bucha - She's there for her looks and support for the Sharif brothers. A die hard and closet supporter of the Sharif Brothers. She makes the Sharif brothers look so innocent and nice that they only opt to join her talk shows. Pretty much all interviews of the Sharif family have been recorded by her. I have come up with a nick name for her - Sharif's Angel . Enough said.

She is just one of those people who want to earn money and increase their show ratings.

6. Mubashar Luqman - Two words describe him best: Brave and Batameez. He's not afraid to ask any kind of questions, knows how to put down his own guests with rude jokes, exposes everyone so well except MQM. he's a huge MQM defender, mind you he would risk his job for MQM. Never seen him criticize MQM and expose their violent side. With his big mouth he knows how to chew the corruption of PPP government officials, he respects the honest people openly and disrespects the corrupt - except MQM. Though no fond of the religious parties or religious talk... I wonder where he got the 2 karore sports car from? :police:

I like most of his shows but Haroon Rashid said in another show that Mubashir is an agent of MQM.

7. Kamran Shahid - big opportunist. One day he'll be praising Imran Khan, the next day he'll be on the anti-Imran bandwagon. What does that say? Well you can conclude he's a Rent-a-host. But one must admit he brings interesting and bold issues to the table, for ex he loves talking about sexual harrasment, I guess the poor lad probably missed the opportunity to flirt in University. An expert at setting up a religious vs secular liberal clash in his shows by bringing his favourite Mufti Kavi Sahab from a Fatwa Factory on board. :lol: One smart thing about this fellow is that he chooses his topics and guests so wisely and knows what questions stir up a good debate. Pretty impartial it seems as he has no soft corner for any party, but Veena Malik for sure...:tongue:

Totally agree. :tup:

8. Meher Bukhari - A highly critical loud voice makes her show a lot more interesting for some, annoying for others. She deserves an award for her loudness and her proficiency in Urdu - it will put your Urdu to shame. She is loud and clever, with her long tongue knows how to slap the over zealous hosts back in their seats and push their buttons. Someones gotta ask her when is she going to stop hanging out with Africanics at the prime minister house with PPP ministers? :lol:

I don't think she does that now that she is married to Kashif.... :P

Mubashar Luqman is now the supporter of Imran Khan

What do you guys think about the Talk show hosts and their affiliations with political party's and groups?

Yea! He is, and I like him cuz He is really a person who give judgements after research..... He's Pro Pakistani ,
and a best anchor of Pakistan...
Second best are Talat Hussain & Kashif Abbasi... Tie
Others are annoying...

Hamid Meer is the worst anchor ever..and he seems to be in the close camp of all anti-Pakistan forces

shuntmaster said:
Where is Najam Sethi? He is quiet good and knowledgeable with the inside scoop.
He's is comedian more than anchor...
Najam Sethi is a very knowledgeable and clever man, but he uses his knowledge to fool the audience. He comes up with these strange and sinister theories that seem shocking and bizarre, like this guy has the "inside scoop", but he's known to drastically change these stories from time to time. He's a close friend of Zardari and even though he tries to mildly criticize the guy to look credible from time to time, his wild theories always go in his support.

And if you look him up, there's also many reports of this guy being a Freemason. His theories almost always are anti-Pakistan, I guess that's what makes Indians love him alot.

Here's an article that documents some of Sethi's bizarre u-turns where he completely changes the story he's peddling. And he's done this quiet alot: Najam Sethi against Najam Sethi - Let Us Build Pakistan

The sad fact is that most of these people in the media are out to make a killing $$$-wise. Some people faithfully follow them, and these anchors use their following to negotiate better deals with different channels.

These people and their opinions can and very often are very easily bought. For example, after Imran Khan's massive rally in Lahore, alot of media people did a shameless U-turn after Nawaz Sharif opened up the $$$. I personally tend to follow people like Orya Maqbool Jan, Saleem Bukhari, and Haroon Rashid. They've got a history of having some integrity, and don't fool their audience to make more $.

Hamid Mir is definitely the biggest sellout here, if his english wasnt so bad I'd say he is a CIA agent

yaar ... mehar bukhari ki zabaan bohut lammmbbiiiii hai ...

criticism for criticism .... for the sake of rating ...

Kashif Abbasi, Talat Hussein and Hamid Mir are 3 saner voices in Pakistani media.
I think talat hussain beats everyone in professionalism, as he nevers indulges in political mudslinging.but hamid mir beats with experience howver his hate for dictators n secret love ffor PPP would make Zia flip in his grave.

Hamid Mir is definitely the biggest sellout here, if his english wasnt so bad I'd say he is a CIA agent
:rofl:

I dont know why some ppl say hes a CIA agent? Any proof or link to it?

I personally think he has a soft corner for PPP as he never intentionally exposes their corruption...i dont think hes a sellout, but i agree with the English part, pretty damn ****** accent

Back
Top Bottom