What's new

Explaining Low IQ Scores in Africa, South Asia

"indian IT" one of the top 5 in the world? LOL. In what measure top 5 or even anything remotely close to top 5? total number of innovations? total # of patents? # of patents per cap? The size of India IT software market? or the size of India's IT hardwre market? The size of IT-related Stock market? The number of IT-related high tech gargets India invent or made...? or what? You've been brainwashed by Inida's own propanganda into believing India's IT is a "giant". Ridiculous as without US and UK's outsourcing call centers, you'll see almost nothing there.

this proves my point.. Race has nothing to do with IQ.

thanks man...

I expected Indians/Chinese and Pakistanis to be highest since these people are dominating the world ! IT, Education, Security, we rule these fields...............................
I find 84 to be a disturbing figure for Pakistan because I remember we had an IQ test in school and the least score was 99, there were 30 other candidates and the highest score was 144, I don't mean to boast but that was mine. A Welsh guy overseeing the test from Cambridge University told me that had I scored 145 he could have secured a scholarship for me in Cambridge..................sigh.....................

I expected Indians/Chinese and Pakistanis to be highest since these people are dominating the world ! IT, Education, Security, we rule these fields...............................
I find 84 to be a disturbing figure for Pakistan because I remember we had an IQ test in school and the least score was 99, there were 30 other candidates and the highest score was 144, I don't mean to boast but that was mine. A Welsh guy overseeing the test from Cambridge University told me that had I scored 145 he could have secured a scholarship for me in Cambridge..................sigh.....................
I don't think South Asia can be of low IQ. Simply because everything right from the beginning was invented here. Subcontinent+China+Japan+ Korea comprise of the entire brains of the world.

I suspect this test to be biased. This is further proven when you take a look at the curriculum of schools in the West as compared to eastern curriculum. Only Germans and Jews of the West seem to have significantly equal and in some cases better IQ levels than South Asians and Chinese.

may not be correct in using that word...? not enough evidence unfortunately.

I find 84 to be a disturbing figure for Pakistan

My personal believe is that ancient Arab/muslims might have about the same IQ as the whites. Since a significant portion of them have inter-married with Dravidians, central asian tribals, Africans, mogols, as the time move on, their average IQ has been deluted to mid 80s as per today's. It sounds at least logical.

because I remember we had an IQ test in school and the least score was 99, there were 30 other candidates and the highest score was 144, I don't mean to boast but that was mine. A Welsh guy overseeing the test from Cambridge University told me that had I scored 145 he could have secured a scholarship for me in Cambridge..................sigh.....................

You may have very high IQ, but it's average IQ here, not individual.

may not be correct in using that word...? not enough evidence unfortunately.

Can you please expand on that statement ?

My personal believe is that ancient Arab/muslims might have about the same IQ as the whites. Since a significant portion of them have inter-married with Dravidians, central asian tribals, Africans, mogols, as the time move on, their average IQ has been deluted to mid 80s as per today's. It sounds at least logical.

My personal belief is that IQ has more to do with level of education/ views of society regarding education and nutrition than a person's ethnicity.

You may have very high IQ, but it's average IQ here, not individual.

That I know, but my point was that among 31 candidates, the fluctuation in IQ was between these two marks 99 and 144, therefore logically speaking 84 is a tat too low.

"indian IT" one of the top 5 in the world? :rofl: In what measure top 5 or even anything remotely close to top 5?, may I ask? total number of innovations? total # of IT patents? # of patents per cap? The size of India IT software market? or the size of India's IT hardwre market? The size of IT-related Stock market? Or the number of IT-related high tech gargets India invent or made...? or what? You've been brainwashed by Inida's own propanganda into believing India's IT is a "giant". India's IT is a gaint of outsourcing only- which is mostly decided by labour cost. Without US and UK's outsourcing call centers, you'll see almost nothing significant there.

first of all this IQ test is all rubbish.We still dont have a proper mechanism to evaluate human IQ.

IQ is different meaning for a good musician or a fiction write ,a mathematician.

Mr Chinese fellow, its Indian origin scientist,doctors and engineers who dominate all scientific institutes, research labs, medical institute , manufacturer companies of USA ...some 40% scientist of NASA are of Indian origin.Anybody living in USA can vouch for it.

Indian Kids routinely win spelling Bee compitions held every year in USA,if that proves anything about IQ of indians.

Can you please expand on that statement ?

logic of at least 2 areas are wrong:

1. not enough and hard evidence (stats) saying indians are dominating in IT, education, defence , etc...

2. even IF they are dominating in any field, one has yet to prove that field's connection to the average IQ. e.g. Bangalore is dominating the call centers business in the world, but what does that has to do with the average IQ? If however, they are dominating in world's patents (inventions/innovations) ranking, then one can make a sound case.

My personal belief is that IQ has more to do with level of education/ views of society regarding education and nutrition than a person's ethnicity.

read my post in the Page 1 for explainations. Your personal view is contradionary to numerous obvious questions and obvious answers which are backed up by decades , even a century, of statistics research.

Furthermore, you don't have rigorous scientific proofs ( stats) youself to prove otherwise, unlike those geneticists.

That I know, but my point was that among 31 candidates, the fluctuation in IQ was between these two marks 99 and 144, therefore logically speaking 84 is a tat too low.

the sample size (31) is way too small to make any statistic case unfortunately, let alone its inherent heavy bias in the sample selection .

first of all this IQ test is all rubbish.We still dont have a proper mechanism to evaluate human IQ.

IQ is different meaning for a good musician or a fiction write ,a mathematician.

Mr Chinese fellow, its Indian origin scientist,doctors and engineers who dominate all scientific institutes, research labs, medical institute , manufacturer companies of USA ...some 40% scientist of NASA are of Indian origin.Anybody living in USA can vouch for it.

Indian Kids routinely win spelling Bee compitions held every year in USA,if that proves anything about IQ of indians.

no one can stop you from bullshitting without any hard statistics evidence by reputed sources. So, carry on.

logic of at least 2 areas are wrong:

2. even IF they are dominating in any field, one has yet to prove that field's connection to the average IQ. e.g. Bangalore is dominating the call centers business in the world, but what does that has to do with the average IQ? If however, they are dominating in world's patents (inventions/innovations) ranking, then one can make a sound case.

U must be some kid.
Patents and inventions are often secured by research labs ,not individuals.Also even if labs in India do the research work ,patents goes to the parent companies in USA.

Anyway u can visit a IBM lab or Google to see the number of Indians working there for ourself.

Its ridiculous to label any geographic region as low or high IQ. Does it mean that all ppl in Africa and South Asia are with low IQ and all those in the West are with high IQ?

There are multiple factors. I personally believe race,religion do play a role but so do your education level, ur standard of living, ur diet and many others.

no one can stop you from bullshitting without any hard statistics evidence by reputed sources. So, carry on.

It would help other, but i doubt about u.

36% of scientists at NASA are Indians: Govt survey - India - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: If you thought that Global Indian Takeover was just a hollow cliche leaning on a few iconic successes like Pepsi's Indra Nooyi, Citibank's Vikram Pandit and steel world's Lakshmi Mittal, there is a slew of statistics now to give it solid ballast.

The extent to which desis have made an impact in the US was reeled off in the Rajya Sabha — as many as 12% scientists and 38% doctors in the US are Indians, and in NASA, 36% or almost 4 out of 10 scientists are Indians.

If that's not proof enough of Indian scientific and corporate prowess, digest this: 34% employees at Microsoft, 28% at IBM, 17% at Intel and 13% at Xerox are Indians.

And the House of Elders also heard some startling facts about a country that's still stuck with a Third World tag — 20% of gold in the world is used by Indians and nine out of 10 diamonds used in the world are made in India.

The figures of Indian successes were given to the Rajya Sabha on Monday by D Purandeshwari, minister of state for HRD, in defence of the country's higher education system and the state of research.

Purandeshwari said that although a lot needed to be done to encourage research, it was wrong to run down the country's higher education system since most Indians who excelled abroad were products of Indian institutions.

He said there was no slackness in research and the number of PhD holders had gone up from 17,898 two years back to 18,730 last year.

The minister also listed initiatives taken to encourage research, especially in science. Apart from creating 1,000 positions of research scientists at various levels, she said draft norms to create 10 networking centres in basic sciences in leading departments of universities were being prepared. It would help in promoting collaborative research and give access to advanced facilities.

Also, all postgraduate programmes pertaining to science and technology would have an in-built component of research. The University Grants Commission is also identifying performing universities so that they can be given 50 fellowships to carry out research in basic sciences.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom